U12G Regions A Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS...I just joined the thread and wasn't responding to you with my last two statements.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not directed at anyone, but it's easy to see when watching games that the bigger physical kids can get by with no skill. Again, some parents that don't really understand the game think winning at the end is the goal. Not me. I prefer to play the game correctly and move the ball around than to play kick ball even if we lose. This will only payoff down the road for my child and her team. Plenty of coaches out there yell good job when a kid clears the ball under absolutely no pressure. This does not benefit the kid at all. Of course, there is always the late developer, but in most cases, these kids won't be competing for soccer scholarships. Doesn't mean they won't end up in a different sport excelling. JMHO
      You are right - that does happen. You still hear the parents and even some coaches yell "boot it" from time to time. Some teams play the game where the keeper punts it all the way into the other box and the forwards try to put it in (and thats their only form of an attack). That may get you a few goals in 8v8 and you may win some games, but that will end. The top teams in this age group arent doing that though. Their coaches are trying to play the right way and there are some excellent players at this age.

Comment

There are definitely some good players at this age. No doubt about it. I'm just a big believer that the tougher more physical teams may win, but it doesn't mean by any stretch that they're the better teams. SIZE right now can make the difference. And, unfortunately soccer parents that know nothing about the game can't tell the difference. It will all pan out in the end though.

Comment

Blah blah blah.

Sunrise wins! That's all you need to know about this year and the next several regardless if the bigger players develop or the smaller players are playing right.

Comment

Blah blah blah.

Sunrise wins! That's all you need to know about this year and the next several regardless if the bigger players develop or the smaller players are playing right.
            Don't think mako is a pushover team. They could beat sunrise.

Comment

I am not following the logic. You say Weston Black has an easy way to the finals and say MSVG is no match for them because MSVG had a tough time against Weston White. You state that they will finally play a good team in the final - either Sunrise, Mako, Tropical or Boca. However, MSVG recently beat both Boca and Tropical to win their league. If you think Boca and Tropical are tough, I would think you need to worry about getting past MSVG as well. Looking at the league schedule, MSVG last played Weston White in November. If you want to focus on that game to make you feel good about the first weekend go ahead, but that game against MSVG will not be easy.

MSVG has beaten some teams, but honestly they dont play very good soccer. Technically they are weak, physically they are strong, but U12 doesnt really matter, it is more important to see if they can get techinical because they will need it in 2 years. Either way, they will not make it to the Semifinals of Rregion Cup.

Comment

MSVG has beaten some teams, but honestly they dont play very good soccer. Technically they are weak, physically they are strong, but U12 doesnt really matter, it is more important to see if they can get techinical because they will need it in 2 years. Either way, they will not make it to the Semifinals of Rregion Cup.
                It's funny to read this stuff. I have an older daughter that is just about done with soccer and I read the same stuff back then. The big girls won't be good in a few years, the teams that are winning in u12 will not be good in a few years bc they play kickball, blah blah blah. Guess what? The same teams that won in u12 are still winning on the big field. MSVG is developing nicely, Tropical is developing nicely, Boca, Sunrise, Mako, Weston - if they keep their teams together they will all be just fine when they get to the big field.

Comment

I am not following the logic. You say Weston Black has an easy way to the finals and say MSVG is no match for them because MSVG had a tough time against Weston White. You state that they will finally play a good team in the final - either Sunrise, Mako, Tropical or Boca. However, MSVG recently beat both Boca and Tropical to win their league. If you think Boca and Tropical are tough, I would think you need to worry about getting past MSVG as well. Looking at the league schedule, MSVG last played Weston White in November. If you want to focus on that game to make you feel good about the first weekend go ahead, but that game against MSVG will not be easy.
                  ok .. you want to hear my logic .. here it is, MSVG has one dominant player -forward - and everything depends pretty much on her. You can win games like that but it does not always works well. Smart coaches know how to contain that player.
                  You can not beat Weston Black like this. They have a few more weapons and good defenders.
                  Yes you have beaten Tropical but do you really believe that MSVG is better than Tropical? Tropical is more balanced as a team and do not depend on one player.
                  Boca UTD is question mark .. you never know which team will show up ..

Now .. you will tell me that Sunrise has one dominant forward player . and yes it's true but Sunrise has a great supporting cast around her .. and that is why Sunrise will win it all.
                  So Weston meets Sunrise in the final and Sunrise goes home winners.

Comment

ok .. you want to hear my logic .. here it is, MSVG has one dominant player -forward - and everything depends pretty much on her. You can win games like that but it does not always works well. Smart coaches know how to contain that player.
                    You can not beat Weston Black like this. They have a few more weapons and good defenders.
                    Yes you have beaten Tropical but do you really believe that MSVG is better than Tropical? Tropical is more balanced as a team and do not depend on one player.

Now .. you will tell me that Sunrise has one dominant forward player . and yes it's true but Sunrise has a great supporting cast around her .. and that is why Sunrise will win it all.
                    You go on thinking that MSVG only has one good player. You are right - you cannot beat good teams like Tropical, Boca, Weston, etc with one good player and nothing else. Guess MSVG better hurry up and find some defenders and mids that can play before next weekend!

Comment

Reg A

Parents wake up and enjoy your kids playing soccer. 90% of these girls will not play college. 50%will not make their high school team or won't get off the bench for their HS team! Practice hard, play hard and try to win as many games as possible. Those will be the games the kids remember. Parents living tHrough your kids is not good!

Comment

At this age, it all comes down to how the technical more skillful payers hold up against bigger physical opponents, who are called natural athletes. These athletes will most likely be in another sport two years from now, due to their lack of vision on the filed. It's always amusing how the parents get so excited about a kid kicking the ball really hard and far, even if it goes nowhere. Same kid can be on a team that kicks the ball up the field hoping that it lands at the feet of the big bully forward. Works for now, but not for long. Coaches should be embarrassed to call this soccer. Parents, at least don't know any better. They only think their kid is great because they won, even though they can't even connect more than two passes.. Winning means nothing right now. When and if the smaller kids with skill gain some strength and size, they will take over. This Region Cup is wide open and the team you think will win it won't, especially with ODP taking place the same opening weekend. Who will get caught sleeping? PS...parents need to stop acting like a bunch of idiots on the sidelines...horrible example to the kids..
                        ODP is a joke! My kid should have made it but it is all about if you paying the coaches for personal training. Then you get favors after that. That's what I was told

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1185604]ok .. you want to hear my logic .. here it is, MSVG has one dominant player -forward - and everything depends pretty much on her. You can win games like that but it does not always works well. Smart coaches know how to contain that player.

Wow not only are you calling msvg coach not smart which implies you think he sucks but you are also bashing the entire msvg team except one player.

Not sure what team you are with but if what you say is correct then an opposing coach should know how to shut down one player and if the rest of msvg is not good, or using your words, not a great supporting cast, then other teams should have an easy time against them.

I'm with one of the teams not being mentioned. I don't see how one player can win games against other teams considered to be very good.

I'm glad our team is not being mentioned. Would hate to read negative comments about our girls and coach.

By the way, you also took a backhanded shot at the sunrise team. I'm sure the team will be relieved knowing you think they are a great supporting cast for their one dominant player.

Comment

And off to auburndale for presidents cup they will go....

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1185730]

Wow not only are you calling msvg coach not smart which implies you think he sucks but you are also bashing the entire msvg team except one player.

Not sure what team you are with but if what you say is correct then an opposing coach should know how to shut down one player and if the rest of msvg is not good, or using your words, not a great supporting cast, then other teams should have an easy time against them.

I'm with one of the teams not being mentioned. I don't see how one player can win games against other teams considered to be very good.

I'm glad our team is not being mentioned. Would hate to read negative comments about our girls and coach.

By the way, you also took a backhanded shot at the sunrise team. I'm sure the team will be relieved knowing you think they are a great supporting cast for their one dominant player.
                              Come on soccer dads calm down! Let the girls plays. The south has a lot of good teams! Good luck ladies!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1185730]

Why you guys are getting so emotional about this. We are expressing opinions about rankings and the upcoming tournament.
                                I am not bashing MSVG coach, I think he is doing a good job with the team and he is not obnoxious and loud like some other coaches. I am not attacking any players, that is unheard off bashing players for not been good enough or not being start players, I just gave you my opinion of what I think about MSVG as compared to other top teams. MSVG has improved a great deal since last year but the truth is that without the dominant player the team can not really compete at that level.
                                Yes on 8v8 a dominant player can really make a big difference and win games.

I said Sunrise will win it all, I did not take a shot at them. The homegrown talent they have can not be matched by anybody.

If your team wasn't mentioned here, then is not a contender. Again, I am not bashing the team. I have said this before. There are way too many teams and clubs in the area and the talent is spread all over South Florida. There should be more rec soccer programs and less travel clubs\teams.
                                I have recently watched a team that is considered a mediocre D1 (not even a D2) team and was schooled by a rec team in the Miami area.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X