Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP 2001 Girls

With training centers and trials coming up, any favorites coming out of the U13's and possibly U12's? Seems ODP will be handled a bit differently moving forward. Any word on which coaches/directors will be out there?

I know there are some that don't approve of ODP, but let's try to keep this thread positive and informative. If nothing else, at least the girls participating are getting extra touches on the ball.

Ecnl is the new path

ODP was the only way to travel to high level play. Now there are other ways. ODP can take credit from the beginning to State, Region, and National paths. Maybe with the re-structure in their planning it could bring ODP back to life again. But ECNL has a lock now on your girl being seen by the right people. Great coaches can spot a true player in 5 minuets on the field. Giving credit to ODP they have done a fine job over the years placing girls on the path to Collage and National level play. They just need to come to the times of the ECNL is providing to young ladies on their quest to a collage. Collage is the first goal of parents and young lady's .The National Team well not to blow your bubble but its 1 in 5 million now! Good Luck Ladies. Play hard there will be someone picked for the National team. Can you meet the GOAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      ODP was the only way to travel to high level play. Now there are other ways. ODP can take credit from the beginning to State, Region, and National paths. Maybe with the re-structure in their planning it could bring ODP back to life again. But ECNL has a lock now on your girl being seen by the right people. Great coaches can spot a true player in 5 minuets on the field. Giving credit to ODP they have done a fine job over the years placing girls on the path to Collage and National level play. They just need to come to the times of the ECNL is providing to young ladies on their quest to a collage. Collage is the first goal of parents and young lady's .The National Team well not to blow your bubble but its 1 in 5 million now! Good Luck Ladies. Play hard there will be someone picked for the National team. Can you meet the GOAL!
      ECNL provides another "new" avenue to College but my question is.... Why are you even speaking about college at U12\13? Your focus should be on touches, game experience, learning the game and most of all, strength and exercise program that will help them avoid ACL injuries in their U16 through College age. Spend your time researching what preventative programs are out there and demand your club or ODP start implementing the programs. You have a couple of years before you start planning your daughter's recruiting plan.

Comment

This should be an opportunity for the girls to get more touches on the ball and possibly get feedback from another coach's perspective.

Comment

ODP is calendar year for the ages, correct? The youngest you can be this year is Dec 31 2001 birth date?

Comment

That is correct. They do not categorize by U12, U13, etc. Initial trials begin this fall for all born in 2001.

Comment

I saw something on the website that said trials for 00-02. It it really for 2002s also?

Comment

This coming from someone who can't spell college.

Comment

I saw something on the website that said trials for 00-02. It it really for 2002s also?
                  2002's are only allowed to participate in the Training Centers. They will not be evaluated for an ODP team. Their trials will be next season 2014-2015.

It's still a good opportunity for the player to have an "idea" of what to expect when it's their year. Ultimately, they will be training with other players and coaches.

Comment

Thank you

2002's are only allowed to participate in the Training Centers. They will not be evaluated for an ODP team. Their trials will be next season 2014-2015.

It's still a good opportunity for the player to have an "idea" of what to expect when it's their year. Ultimately, they will be training with other players and coaches.
                    ^^^^thank you, very helpful information.

Comment

What are the prices for ODP?

Comment

What are the prices for ODP?
                        $30 for them to run around with any other kid who pays the same.
                        $65 for them to try out and be looked at.

Check out the site: http://www.fysa.com/events/odp/

Farfignuten:= for those who like to spell check other people.

It rained this last weekend and dont think they plan on making it up that was money well spent-not.

Comment

I would still attend if you've never been to one of the sessions. I wouldn't hold high expectations however it does give you a good idea of how your child compares to others in the state.

Comment

Like anything, if your child is chosen, you regard it highly if not you find fault. I think it is worth the price for a day of training and playing with those who have high motivation. It is a training/trial experience. It allows players from smaller clubs to see and compete with players of similar or higher skills to see what other talent is out there. Do they have what it takes. My child hasn't made the cut YET but ODP has motivated her to work harder for HER dream. Success takes work and some kids have to grow into it for various reasons. She is looking forward to getting out on the field again after working hard to show the coaches what she has. If this path doesn't work out for her, she will find the one that does. In my humble opinion that's how life works

Comment

Like anything, if your child is chosen, you regard it highly if not you find fault. I think it is worth the price for a day of training and playing with those who have high motivation. It is a training/trial experience. It allows players from smaller clubs to see and compete with players of similar or higher skills to see what other talent is out there. Do they have what it takes. My child hasn't made the cut YET but ODP has motivated her to work harder for HER dream. Success takes work and some kids have to grow into it for various reasons. She is looking forward to getting out on the field again after working hard to show the coaches what she has. If this path doesn't work out for her, she will find the one that does. In my humble opinion that's how life works
                              My daughter did make ODP but failed to make the regional team. ODP was and is a great experience. It opened my daughters eyes to what is out there and how much she needs to work if she wants to be the best and reach her dreams. You have a very good outlook on this process and always remember this tryout platform almost always ends up getting cut at some point along the way. It is a very good experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X