• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    West Pines lost a ton
    Where did they all go?

Comment

Where did they all go?
      I think a lot of the former West Pines players are now at Miramar United.

Comment

I must say I saw Greater Boca United play this weekend and was not impressed the first game but in the second game they definitely took it to another level especially the first half.
        Where and who did they play?

Comment

Three SAA players moved to Kendall - AQ, SH and GM. TGM went to Weston. Kendall also got the top forward from Toros. Lot's of good players that won't be in the mix this year.

I heard Eli wanted to play HS sports so he quit Academy ball.
          this guy knows his stuff. Espnfc insider

Comment

There were other reasons why he left. The playing HS soccer sounds a little suspect as an explanation. The team he played on does alot of conditioning me thinks someone isn't interested in working but would rather rest on previous seasons results.

Comment

There were other reasons why he left. The playing HS soccer sounds a little suspect as an explanation. The team he played on does alot of conditioning me thinks someone isn't interested in working but would rather rest on previous seasons results.
              He was good back in the day at ponecrest but haven't seen him in a couple of years

Comment

There doesn't appear to be any ranking difference between the three. I think they are three even brackets.
                The Puma Elite has one bracket and the rest have 4?

Comment

The Puma Elite has one bracket and the rest have 4?
                  If you are playing in that group your odds of making the finals and being guaranteed a spot in the showcase are much better than the other two where there are sixteen teams.

Comment

How is the CC DA in this age group this yr? They haven't excelled so far.

Comment

If you are playing in that group your odds of making the finals and being guaranteed a spot in the showcase are much better than the other two where there are sixteen teams.
                      Why would they do that? Makes no sense. Why not make equal sized brackets?

Comment

Where and who did they play?
                        Boca United played this past wknd in South Carolina in R3PLE. They tied Highland Football Club(HFC)from NC 1-1 and beat Carolina Rapids 6-1.

Comment

I must say I saw Greater Boca United play this weekend and was not impressed the first game but in the second game they definitely took it to another level especially the first half.
                          Did their nat'l team forward SE play?

Comment

Why would they do that? Makes no sense. Why not make equal sized brackets?
                            They have 38 teams so it doesn't work with equal brackets. If they had 32, then you could have two groups of 16. If they had 36, you could have 3 groups of 12 in three groups of 4, with the 3 group winners and 1 wild card advancing to semis.

So the answer to your question is that it doesn't work with 38 teams. However the real question might be why did they not cap it at 32 or 36? I can easily find two or more teams that really don't belong scouring the list.

Comment

Odd are Against You

Yes, does not seem fair. You have a 1 in 3 chance of making finals if in the first flight and only a 1 in 8 chance if in the other two groups.

Comment

Yes, does not seem fair. You have a 1 in 3 chance of making finals if in the first flight and only a 1 in 8 chance if in the other two groups.
                                The odds you state make it seem like every team has a 50-50 chance of winning every match.

From my experience, that is rarely the case.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X