U12G Regions A Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No players to recruit from MSVG...Maybe one and no it's not that girl up top who just waves her arm waiting for the kick ball to arrive. You know, the real polite one with the nice attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No players to recruit from MSVG...Maybe one and no it's not that girl up top who just waves her arm waiting for the kick ball to arrive. You know, the real polite one with the nice attitude.
      I'm not from MSVG but leave the girls alone, they're kids.

Comment

Big girl

I'm not from MSVG but leave the girls alone, they're kids.
        Im from one of those big clubs and I will take #10! Come to broward!

Comment

Yup - team full of no-good players not worthy of playing on your team. These girls only won consecutive games starting back in the league playoffs vs boca united, tropical, Weston black, team boca, Wellington, sunrise, then 2 games at presidents cup. But - nobody on the team is worthy of playing on your team. What a joke.

Comment

Time will tell that 8v8 is not a true representation of skillfull soccer. Not anyone's fault, just a fact. I never thought this until this season and it's just my opinion. If a team chooses to play soccer the correct way out of the back, they will make errors that will cost them games. The fact is if you just punt the ball 95 percent of the time, you can bypass a lot of these errors. The bottom line is playing correctly out of the back will pay off on the big field. Teams that are patient and can stand taking the losses on stupid self inflicted goals will progress in the right way. Next year you will see drastic changes in who wins. Not that winning really means a whole hell of a lot.

Comment

Time will tell that 8v8 is not a true representation of skillfull soccer. Not anyone's fault, just a fact. I never thought this until this season and it's just my opinion. If a team chooses to play soccer the correct way out of the back, they will make errors that will cost them games. The fact is if you just punt the ball 95 percent of the time, you can bypass a lot of these errors. The bottom line is playing correctly out of the back will pay off on the big field. Teams that are patient and can stand taking the losses on stupid self inflicted goals will progress in the right way. Next year you will see drastic changes in who wins. Not that winning really means a whole hell of a lot.
              Here is the problem with that theory: in general, parents are not patient. They will not wait around if they think their daughter is a good player and their team loses while playing out of the back. I have seen it many times through the years with my older kids - a coach may be teaching what you call the right way to play, but the team cannot beat certain teams that play a more direct style. So, parents take their kid and join the team they can't beat. So - winning (even at a young age) is important to draw these parents over. You can call these parents uneducated soccer fans or whatever - but the bottom line is that Americans like to win.

Comment

Winning

Here is the problem with that theory: in general, parents are not patient. They will not wait around if they think their daughter is a good player and their team loses while playing out of the back. I have seen it many times through the years with my older kids - a coach may be teaching what you call the right way to play, but the team cannot beat certain teams that play a more direct style. So, parents take their kid and join the team they can't beat. So - winning (even at a young age) is important to draw these parents over. You can call these parents uneducated soccer fans or whatever - but the bottom line is that Americans like to win.
                If you think winning is not important think again. College coaches keep their high paying jobs by winning. If they dont win the lose their jobs and their kids dont eat! If you want to play for a credible school where your son will have a good college experience and not in the middle of tornado land in Oklahoma where he will come back with a wife with less teeth than toes on his feet, you should re think this. Coaches recruit players who have a history of winning. He does not want to develop players. Winning is an attitude and a habit. Once you know how, you won't settle for losing. Just keeping it real!!!!

Comment

Those parents chasing winning teams typically won't get playing time and that just creates a whole other set of issues. College coaches aren't looking only for winning teams. Yeah, they might check it out, but they know right away if they play the game correctly. I've talked to many Division 1 coaches over the past few years and they are interested in individual players with the right attitude, work ethic and who have vision on the field. A lot of these coaches just come to see the practices because they know our club trains the right way. All I know is that our kids get a lot of full rides and our teams don't necessarily win all the time.

Comment

True. And Sunrise, boca, Weston tropical played some of those great teams in FL and may have won so you can draw some basic conclusions from that! Stop hating on msvg. They played all comers and won. To discredit MSVG discredits Sunrise, tropical, boca and everyone else msvg beat! And next year msvg will have the same issues everyone else will have in trying to source for enough good players for the big field. So if you know of any u12 players that want to play for a championship team, send them to a championship club. There are not that many of them and I am sure your club is not one of them. You need to stay at your hopeless club that teaches good soccer and can't win anything! Then hope your kid gets a college scholarship in the middle of Idaho at a 2 year NAIA jr college.
                    Not to discredit MSVG win because a win is a win, however, in every top south Florida team you names many of the better players were not at the RC games. Although one or two payers don't make up the entire team when key players are missing the teams chemistry is broken and confusin comes in when other players have to now change their role on the team. So a better test would be MSVG playing against the complete teams named above. Congrats MSVG getting the W at PC as well

Comment

Not to discredit MSVG win because a win is a win, however, in every top south Florida team you names many of the better players were not at the RC games. Although one or two payers don't make up the entire team when key players are missing the teams chemistry is broken and confusin comes in when other players have to now change their role on the team. So a better test would be MSVG playing against the complete teams named above. Congrats MSVG getting the W at PC as well
                      Sunrise had all their players for RC final. No excuses. Msvg beat us. Next game will be different but congrats at PC.

Comment

Sunrise is over rated anyways...

Comment

What league will the top teams of Region A play next season?

I think this will make the top teams of Region A become better. Play against each other all the time instead of waiting to see each other once a year on Regions cup and State cup starting next year or meeting once more in a local tournament.

This year it was split between FLUGSA and SFYUSA. Where are the top teams will play next year? What about Florida Premier League? Who is playing there?

FLUGSA clubs:Sunrise, Wellinghton
                          SFYUSA clubs: Mako, Weston, Tropical, MSVG, Pinecrest, Boca UTD

Comment

I think this will make the top teams of Region A become better. Play against each other all the time instead of waiting to see each other once a year on Regions cup and State cup starting next year or meeting once more in a local tournament.

This year it was split between FLUGSA and SFYUSA. Where are the top teams will play next year? What about Florida Premier League? Who is playing there?

FLUGSA clubs:Sunrise, Wellinghton
                            SFYUSA clubs: Mako, Weston, Tropical, MSVG, Pinecrest, Boca UTD
                            Boca UTD and Weston will play in the Florida Premier League (NPL/FPL)

Comment

Msvg

Boca UTD and Weston will play in the Florida Premier League (NPL/FPL)
                              What about msvg?

Comment

What about msvg?
                                This league is for clubs who have Boys and Girls teams from U13 to U18, not just a single age group. What is great about it is you play good teams from Orlando, South Florida, Orlando, and Jax.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X