Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDL fan boy

I get it when a parent is overly critical of a opposing team or a club, it is usually a jeolousy or that the parent feels he/she was done wrong by the team/club they bash. But to the guy who spends his day bashing the USA??? A whole league?? If you don't like it don't play in it...so stupid. This guy has no clue, it is all about tournaments, tournaments, tournaments. For college, for State rankings, etc. but this joker is all torked up over a league, absolutly priceless

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I get it when a parent is overly critical of a opposing team or a club, it is usually a jeolousy or that the parent feels he/she was done wrong by the team/club they bash. But to the guy who spends his day bashing the USA??? A whole league?? If you don't like it don't play in it...so stupid. This guy has no clue, it is all about tournaments, tournaments, tournaments. For college, for State rankings, etc. but this joker is all torked up over a league, absolutly priceless
    Does your kid or club play in the USA League? Just curious, but it is generally considered the starter league for children moving up from recreational soccer. Rarely, would you see kids move up from rec to the NPL, CDL, FSPL, R3, the skill levels are too advanced in these leagues. I see no reason for someone to bash the USA League, just as I see no reason for others to over hype the USA League. The USA League serves a very valuable purpose, it both acts as a bridge and a proving grounds for children that want to pursue more competitive soccer outside of recreational leagues. It acts as a bridge, by allowing novices the opportunity to see how their abilities play up to the next level above rec. It acts as a proving grounds by allowing the better kids to rise up and be noticed. This in turn allows these children to move to better clubs that provide the with an opportunity for more growth by playing in more advanced leagues. I think most people have respect for the USA League, they understand the importance of having a league that provides better opportunities outside of recreational soccer. What this area is really missing is allowing the clubs that excel in the USA League to have an opportunity to move up to the CDL, as this should be the progression that takes place

Comment

Does your kid or club play in the USA League? Just curious, but it is generally considered the starter league for children moving up from recreational soccer. Rarely, would you see kids move up from rec to the NPL, CDL, FSPL, R3, the skill levels are too advanced in these leagues. I see no reason for someone to bash the USA League, just as I see no reason for others to over hype the USA League. The USA League serves a very valuable purpose, it both acts as a bridge and a proving grounds for children that want to pursue more competitive soccer outside of recreational leagues. It acts as a bridge, by allowing novices the opportunity to see how their abilities play up to the next level above rec. It acts as a proving grounds by allowing the better kids to rise up and be noticed. This in turn allows these children to move to better clubs that provide the with an opportunity for more growth by playing in more advanced leagues. I think most people have respect for the USA League, they understand the importance of having a league that provides better opportunities outside of recreational soccer. What this area is really missing is allowing the clubs that excel in the USA League to have an opportunity to move up to the CDL, as this should be the progression that takes place
      But CDL is overrated in it's current state. Not what it used to be, too many B and C teams now in CDL. A teams are in NPL and other higher profile leagues. It needs to be fixed as well, but unfortunately, there's no perfect solutions

Comment

I will not go through the politics that created CDL because of R/P system in USA.

NPL is not a top league either no barrier to entry

FSPL RG3 NL you have to qualify for. Other leagues all have 2-3 good team the rest are sub par.

Comment

I will not go through the politics that created CDL because of R/P system in USA.

NPL is not a top league either no barrier to entry

FSPL RG3 NL you have to qualify for. Other leagues all have 2-3 good team the rest are sub par.

So how does a club that is currently only playing USA qualify for a higher league? Both my kids are on teams that play CDL. For my son in U14 it was a waste of a season and money. We only had aprox. 6 games and the rest were cancelled and the other teams are refusing to make them up. He wants to try out for the D1 team but, unless a lot leave for the DA or something, it's not likely. I've been pondering moving my kids to a smaller club but they only play USA. My younger son is a high level payer, just that his coach seems to really not like him. I don't think he is going to be given a chance to be on the D1 team as this coach is moving on with the team and the rumored D2 coach is not ,actually I'm at a loss for words on how bad he is. So what's a smaller clubs chance of getting more than just USA?

Comment

So how does a club that is currently only playing USA qualify for a higher league? Both my kids are on teams that play CDL. For my son in U14 it was a waste of a season and money. We only had aprox. 6 games and the rest were cancelled and the other teams are refusing to make them up. He wants to try out for the D1 team but, unless a lot leave for the DA or something, it's not likely. I've been pondering moving my kids to a smaller club but they only play USA. My younger son is a high level payer, just that his coach seems to really not like him. I don't think he is going to be given a chance to be on the D1 team as this coach is moving on with the team and the rumored D2 coach is not ,actually I'm at a loss for words on how bad he is. So what's a smaller clubs chance of getting more than just USA?
            It's all about tournaments, everything else unless its RPL or ENCL is just filler. Don't get caught up in letters (ei CDL, USA)

Comment

I moved my son at u13 for the same reason coach. We played for the same club from u10. When you move your player will start with a clean slat no baggage from past years. Go to got soccer and look for the top teams in your age group and talk to the coaches.

Comment

Your answer they get nothing, a good club could win their league in the USA League for the next four straight years and still be in the same league. My daughter has played for a club that has won their USA Premiere League for three straight years, we have tried to better the competition by getting into the CDL and NPL, but got no where with each league, so were stuck trying to qualify for the FSPL each year at State Cup which is tough to do. In our division the same four teams have been good for three years, but every year the bottom 4-6 teams are absolutely horrendous to the point that it is not even enjoyable for the kids to play these teams. Yes, USA does have relegation, but it only affects the bottom two teams in D1, they are sent to D2, but usually just fold, the teams promoted then are mainly top level D3 type teams that get destroyed the next year. I would really like to see all the teams in the area play in he same league with teams seperated into four divisions of 6-8 teams in each division. The top three teams in each division after the first season would be promoted to the top division, and the rest of the teams would fall into the second division or 3rd division based on how ell they performed. After each season the bottom four in each division would fall into the lower division with the top 4 moving up. Playing in the USA League has become pointless for my kids team, there is nothing more for them to prove and the other leagues have put up barriers to keep other local clubs out of their leagues.

Comment

Your answer they get nothing, a good club could win their league in the USA League for the next four straight years and still be in the same league. My daughter has played for a club that has won their USA Premiere League for three straight years, we have tried to better the competition by getting into the CDL and NPL, but got no where with each league, so were stuck trying to qualify for the FSPL each year at State Cup which is tough to do. In our division the same four teams have been good for three years, but every year the bottom 4-6 teams are absolutely horrendous to the point that it is not even enjoyable for the kids to play these teams. Yes, USA does have relegation, but it only affects the bottom two teams in D1, they are sent to D2, but usually just fold, the teams promoted then are mainly top level D3 type teams that get destroyed the next year. I would really like to see all the teams in the area play in he same league with teams seperated into four divisions of 6-8 teams in each division. The top three teams in each division after the first season would be promoted to the top division, and the rest of the teams would fall into the second division or 3rd division based on how ell they performed. After each season the bottom four in each division would fall into the lower division with the top 4 moving up. Playing in the USA League has become pointless for my kids team, there is nothing more for them to prove and the other leagues have put up barriers to keep other local clubs out of their leagues.
                  The " barriers" are there in everything in life. The government has a " barrier" to not allow 10 year olds to drive, they are not ready. USA clubs are not ready either. A lot of the players are, and when they are, they usually leave the USA league.
                  Another analogy is rec soccer, when a player is ready, they usually leave rec and play " club" either at their club or somewhere else.

Comment

It's all about tournaments, everything else unless its RPL or ENCL is just filler. Don't get caught up in letters (ei CDL, USA)
                    You are wasting your time trying to explain this to these people. You must understand since their DOCtold them that CDL is great, it becomes their identity. They have nothing else, so they will spend hours and hours here bashing all other leagues and non CDL clubs. It is called little man's syndrome.

Comment

In some respects you are correct but it is also about the league. Most top tournaments have different flights and you get accepted based on your rankings and recent history.

IF all you play is low level USA teams and you are not gonna impress tournament committees. This is why USA champs are shocked when they are placed in 4th or 5th level flights in top tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                        in some respects you are correct but it is also about the league. Most top tournaments have different flights and you get accepted based on your rankings and recent history.

If all you play is low level usa teams and you are not gonna impress tournament committees. This is why usa champs are shocked when they are placed in 4th or 5th level flights in top tournaments.
                        this is correct

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X