Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    college soccer is super lame. the games are free. no one watches except a couple psycho parents. the "scholarship" will maybe cover the books...
    the school will be second or third tier
    your kid will never be a pro
    the dream will end
    Really? What does that matter? We have a U16 that has offers from the following

Tennessee, Florida, Wake, Virginia, Arkansas, South Carolina, Miss St., Louisville, Vanderbilt, FSU, USF, UCF, FGCU.

UVA 100% scholarship. You clearly are perfect for this area. You are clueless about the women's game in college. Good Luck at BRSC. It's obvious your kid has ZERO options

Comment

college soccer is super lame. the games are free. no one watches except a couple psycho parents. the "scholarship" will maybe cover the books...
      the school will be second or third tier, your kid will never be a pro, the dream will end
      Having recently attended a spring game at Clemson, it is easy to see that college soccer players are quite talented and the hundreds of spectators understood, apprerciated and loved the game.

Those who have been collegiate athletes know full well that the dream consists of nothing more than playing a sport to the best of your ability at the highest level you can reach.

Comment

talking soccer

the school will be second or third tier
        your kid will never be a pro
        the dream will end
        Eh, maybe, but my kid will go to school with a vision, and a cohort of friends. I know she will have an extra layer of protection and benefits being an athlete, preferential scheduling, housing, and academic support. My kid won't be a pro, but that was never her, or our goal for her at the start 14 years ago. She is fit, confident, and able to interact with others on many levels, academic, athletic, and socially. Many of these attributes can be directly linked to her ongoing participation in competitive sports...many different sports, but soccer came to the forefront.

As for scholarship money, she can, if she continues playing, finish her 4 year degree and have no debt. Pretty nice way to start a graduate degree.

I tried not to be a psycho, but occasionally others behavior might have enticed me to be loud. I will miss not being at every game and seeing my kid compete, it was a big part of our family time for a long while, but we will find other pursuits....maybe even coaching others' kids and not worrying about the perception of our interactions with our own kid.

Will this be true for everyone? Certainly not.
        Do we wish we had made some decisions differently? Absolutely.
        Am I realistic about my child and her abilities? From day one.

To conclude, shove it in your ass you pathetic, pessimistic, plotting, club hopping, backstabbing loser. We won't miss your ilk when we do make a game, and really, the dream has just begun.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1226406]

Let me just enlighten you on something. 75% of college rosters are made up of ECNL players. 80% of the youth national squads are ECNL players. The cost at IMG is $60k while WFF is under $2k. Compare where last year's girls went between WFF and IMG and you tell me who has the best teams. IMG doesn't play our ECNL teams. They play our NPL teams and most of their teams tied or lost to WFF's SECOND TEAMS.

Here's the list of our U17's and 18's commitments (UNC, FSU & Miss St are already there). IMG's commits? Oh by the way....IMG been dying for ECNL, what does that tell you?

Travecca
          Florida Atlantic
          Florida Southern
          East Carolina
          Miss St
          Louisville
          Palm beach Atlantic
          Northwestern st
          Connecticut
          Florida gulf coast
          Florida St
          Stetson
          Northwestern st
          Furman
          Valdosta at
          West Georgia
          Georgia
          Jacksonville
          Lee
          Tampa
          North Carolina
          Nichols st
          Villanova
          Michigan
          Auburn
          Florida gulf coast
          Stetson
          Vanderbilt
          Stetson
          Central Florida
          you forgot to list Polk Com College, Brevard College, and the rest of your jr college commits. Can't list IMGs' commits or don't want to. While admittedly they don't have 30 girls rostered to each age group (does it really take 30 girls to make a winning team?) they do commit all. And you are not being truthful about the cost at WFF, nor are you accurate about IMGs cost. IMG does play OC and WFF encl teams. why are you trying to bury it? it is a fact also that they play the OC and WFF teams in the NPL and it is also fact that some of your NPL teams are actually better than the ecnl teams. call them 2nd teams all you want, if it makes you feels better. all smoke and mirrors, then you say they aren't playing in SC, when in fact the teams that were forced to take on the WFF encl players have actually done worse than the NPL teams would have without them. your stats on college rosters is actually quite funny. send me the link where you pulled that... oh, nm, from the eliteclubnationalleague website itself. you know IMG plays in the same leagues that OC and WFF does, why do you dislike them so?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1226545]

you forgot to list Polk Com College, Brevard College, and the rest of your jr college commits. Can't list IMGs' commits or don't want to. While admittedly they don't have 30 girls rostered to each age group (does it really take 30 girls to make a winning team?) they do commit all. And you are not being truthful about the cost at WFF, nor are you accurate about IMGs cost. IMG does play OC and WFF encl teams. why are you trying to bury it? it is a fact also that they play the OC and WFF teams in the NPL and it is also fact that some of your NPL teams are actually better than the ecnl teams. call them 2nd teams all you want, if it makes you feels better. all smoke and mirrors, then you say they aren't playing in SC, when in fact the teams that were forced to take on the WFF encl players have actually done worse than the NPL teams would have without them. your stats on college rosters is actually quite funny. send me the link where you pulled that... oh, nm, from the eliteclubnationalleague website itself. you know IMG plays in the same leagues that OC and WFF does, why do you dislike them so?
            Isn't this a BR/fcs/cc thread?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1226545]

IMG doesn't not play any ECNL teams. Period.

Comment

Eh, maybe, but my kid will go to school with a vision, and a cohort of friends. I know she will have an extra layer of protection and benefits being an athlete, preferential scheduling, housing, and academic support. My kid won't be a pro, but that was never her, or our goal for her at the start 14 years ago. She is fit, confident, and able to interact with others on many levels, academic, athletic, and socially. Many of these attributes can be directly linked to her ongoing participation in competitive sports...many different sports, but soccer came to the forefront.

As for scholarship money, she can, if she continues playing, finish her 4 year degree and have no debt. Pretty nice way to start a graduate degree.

I tried not to be a psycho, but occasionally others behavior might have enticed me to be loud. I will miss not being at every game and seeing my kid compete, it was a big part of our family time for a long while, but we will find other pursuits....maybe even coaching others' kids and not worrying about the perception of our interactions with our own kid.

Will this be true for everyone? Certainly not.
                Do we wish we had made some decisions differently? Absolutely.
                Am I realistic about my child and her abilities? From day one.

To conclude, shove it in your ass you pathetic, pessimistic, plotting, club hopping, backstabbing loser. We won't miss your ilk when we do make a game, and really, the dream has just begun.
                nice post. not sure where all the negative stuff comes from or even why it gets posted.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1226795]
                  Isn't this a BR/fcs/cc thread?
                  true it was but the WFF parents are trying to hijack the remaining talent from this area. read up a few posts and you'll see them hanging a carrot out for kids to follow.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1226977]

true it was but the WFF parents are trying to hijack the remaining talent from this area. read up a few posts and you'll see them hanging a carrot out for kids to follow.
                    Not the case! There is no talent. Don't flatter yourself.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1227076]

Not the case! There is no talent. Don't flatter yourself.
                      The go back to your own thread. Thank you.

Comment

any news on upcoming coaches for next year

BR?
                        LWR?
                        DA Chargers?
                        and where will TM end up?

Comment

The dream has just begun!!!!!!! Oh my god, I'm laughing so hard it hurts!!!!! Thanks dude,enjoy your ride

Comment

any news on upcoming coaches for next year

BR?
                            LWR?
                            DA Chargers?
                            and where will TM end up?
                            Tm will end up at mcdonalds, he already has the outfit

Comment

What's with the religious email from BRSC:

On behalf of the Board of Directors of Braden River Soccer Club, I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Easter!

"Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen!" Luke 24:5

HAPPY EASTER!

Comment

BR is dead

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X