• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    why are they leaving
    You must be horny.

Comment

Great News! My kid just got signed to the pros!

Comment

Water boy douche bag.... just show up and see for yourself
        Don't worry JFC Dad....I'm sure your son's spot is safe.

Comment

Nike Cup is better. Screw GM and those English fools.
          While this is a GPS event because somehow PV is part of FPS, I can't say I recognize anyone other than KA. And I like him as a coach- via my 9 y/o.

Nike Cup doesn't exist any longer. It's Rush Champions Cup. Nike dropped Rush or Rush dropped Nike, however you want to look at it.

I'm not a fan of traveling 2 hours, paying hotel and food costs, to play teams that are in our backyard, seems like all NE FL clubs (almost) are going to Apopka, happy we aren't!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazelnuts View Post
            While this is a GPS event because somehow PV is part of FPS, I can't say I recognize anyone other than KA. And I like him as a coach- via my 9 y/o.

Nike Cup doesn't exist any longer. It's Rush Champions Cup. Nike dropped Rush or Rush dropped Nike, however you want to look at it.

I'm not a fan of traveling 2 hours, paying hotel and food costs, to play teams that are in our backyard, seems like all NE FL clubs (almost) are going to Apopka, happy we aren't!
            I agree N FL local clubs need to send a few teams to support this inaugural PV tournament. By the end of year aren't we tired of traveling far to tournaments. JFC PV OC and FCA teams already registering.

Comment

I agree N FL local clubs need to send a few teams to support this inaugural PV tournament. By the end of year aren't we tired of traveling far to tournaments. JFC PV OC and FCA teams already registering.
              GM go suck your @ss! This tournament is to support visa for English *****s.

Comment

Mine too.

Comment

Youth sports is now about adults making money, that's it......

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered
                    JFC won't make it out of next round....heck, they never won a game in 1st round! Everyone has them figured out! They have one player who stands around waiting for a ball...shut her down and they don't score! Proof? See 1st round!

Both the A and the B team won all of their games...the only team that didn't win a game was the U13 team - they tied both of theirs...
                    All three move on to round of 16.

Comment

All three move on to round of 16.
                      But will they make it through this next round?

Comment

But will they make it through this next round?
                        They got easy tickets into 16. This is a large tournament of 40 or more teams and it is about luck of brackets.

Comment

They got easy tickets into 16. This is a large tournament of 40 or more teams and it is about luck of brackets.
                          Hahahahaha

Comment

Youth sports is now about adults making money, that's it......
                            Nonsense. There's a lot of good people who volunteer their time or work for peanuts because they love the sport.

Comment

Does anyone know of a link or website that lists the summer camps/clinics in Florida? Thanks!
                              Not sure about the accuracy but this may help.

http://www.soccercampguide.com/direc...ate-al-in.html

Comment

Good points

I think everyone can agree that odds of playing pro soccer are tiny. That's why pro athletes are "elite"- if it was easy or common, everyone would do it.

But it seems the OP's point is too narrow; the argument seems to be that the ONLY reason to invest time and money into my kid's passion for soccer and her dreams of stardom is to get a pro contract. That's nonsense.

I gladly made the investment. My family ENJOYED traveling to tournaments, hanging around Disney, socializing with parents, learning about the sport while watching epl, the college visits, the competition... all of it.

My kid learned leadership, teamwork, comraderie, rivalry and discipline. She developed fitness and eating habits that will benefit her throughout life. she made friends as a u10 that have lasted her entire soccer career. She has already leveraged her experiences to be a paid coach at a summer camp and a sideline referee. She has kept in contact with kids she met at ODP that she will now compete against in college.

That's right- she earned a nice scholarship to compete at a college that matches her academic/career aspirations.

did we miss a few fishing trips? some travel? some camping? Yes- but I can easily make the argument that very few people ever become successful pro fishermen, and therefore buying a boat would have been a "waste", just as the OP makes that argument about my investment in soccer/youth sports.

Bottom line- an investment is soccer is MUCH MORE than a pursuit of a pro career. The benefits of sport are huge and every bit as valid as other pursuits- to each his own.
                                Good points! I think everyone needs to determine the cost vs benefit and its not just money. For every family those analytical will be different. I think everyone can agree that it will not be the same for every kid and family. If your kid is slow and small your and you make 50k per year is different than fast athletic and 100k per year. Then add siblings and multiple sports and interest etc! Ouch!!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X