Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Truer words were never spoken. I'm sure Celtic will be a force next year, considering they now have an extra two-months to get a head start on their re-building program.
    Celtic will go back to their safe zone the USA League, they learned their lesson getting smacked around by better teams. They need to work on basic ball handling skills if they expect to improve

Comment

2nd place team could not even make the 16.
      Right. And who did Sunrise have to play?

Comment

Celtic will go back to their safe zone the USA League, they learned their lesson getting smacked around by better teams. They need to work on basic ball handling skills if they expect to improve
        And you couldn't coach yourself to grow up. What's your point? That you messed up as a father and made what you think was a bad decision for your kid? So instead of manning up and admitting that your failed your kid miserably because you were too lazy to care much about it you take it out on a club that cut your kid?

Look in the mirror loser. You spend three hours a day worrying about a club that you have no affiliation with anymore. Face it. You had a run in with PW. Obviously you lost. He doesn't thi I about you at all and you LITERALLY wake up in the morning eager to hide on a computer andake up lies, exaggerate and embarrass yourself in the hopes that one day he will acknowledge you existence even once. LMFAO.

Celtic's Bitch, through and through. I bet your pajamas are green and white striped. You are a little boy each and everytime you log on. And you will never be man enough to admit it or who you are. And everyone, especially those of us who aren't at Celtic laugh at you daily.

Your father must be very proud of the "man" you have become. If he is lucky he is dead now.

Comment

they do seem to do well in the USA League, I think they are better suited to playing teams that are similar to themselves and these teams are prevalent in the USA League. The majority of USA League teams plays a long-ball type of game similar to Celtic, because they lack foot skills and cannot play possession soccer.

Comment

JFC vs. Sunrise - too bad they play each other in Semis - leaves door open for other group to fall into finals.

TBU, FCA, SCU, and Krush -any given day for these teams.
            TBU will be the team to beat on the other side of the bracket. However, CCSA should get by FC America. FCA is not looking strong lately. Lost their coach about a month ago. May have lost some players as well.

Comment

As someone who has spent over twenty five years involved in Fla youth soccer in multiple league leadership positions, including coaching, in several of the leagues referenced here I'd like to add my OPINION.
              USA/CDL/FPL each have their merits, especially for the younger players enjoying a sport. I would concur that in or around the U-13 level competition begins to separate many of the teams regardless of the league. While the gap may vary from year to year, all of these leagues have a few teams that are CAPABLE of playing with another league’s best. The league makes no difference. Majority however do fall into the "lesser team" category for their particular league which may or may not be superior to another leagues "lesser teams". This seems to always become a topic of discussion.
              So is one better than another? Well, yes and no.
              This is like asking which college football team is the best in the land this season.

Did FSU win the championship? Yes.

Did they play the best competition? No.

Best is highly subjective here and with Fla's current youth soccer systems. Ideally having a league "1" and league "2" would lessen the gap and foster more completion but even then it would leave too much to discussion.

On a side note, prior to my retirement, the number of players who went on to play soccer in college year over year from these leagues were very similar. There was no long term clear cut leader.

Just my two cents based on my personal experience in these leagues. I'd encourage anyone to make their own decisions based on what they feel is best for them and enjoy the game!

Comment

As someone who has spent over twenty five years involved in Fla youth soccer in multiple league leadership positions, including coaching, in several of the leagues referenced here I'd like to add my OPINION.
                USA/CDL/FPL each have their merits, especially for the younger players enjoying a sport. I would concur that in or around the U-13 level competition begins to separate many of the teams regardless of the league. While the gap may vary from year to year, all of these leagues have a few teams that are CAPABLE of playing with another league’s best. The league makes no difference. Majority however do fall into the "lesser team" category for their particular league which may or may not be superior to another leagues "lesser teams". This seems to always become a topic of discussion.
                So is one better than another? Well, yes and no.
                This is like asking which college football team is the best in the land this season.

Did FSU win the championship? Yes.

Did they play the best competition? No.

Best is highly subjective here and with Fla's current youth soccer systems. Ideally having a league "1" and league "2" would lessen the gap and foster more completion but even then it would leave too much to discussion.

On a side note, prior to my retirement, the number of players who went on to play soccer in college year over year from these leagues were very similar. There was no long term clear cut leader.

Just my two cents based on my personal experience in these leagues. I'd encourage anyone to make their own decisions based on what they feel is best for them and enjoy the game!
                How many USA League teams are left in State Cup? Not many, it's a bad league

Comment

Half

How many USA League teams are left in State Cup? Not many, it's a bad league
                  RP3
                  ECNL
                  FSPL

anything else

That's the order of the league. Problem with RP3 is there is no gurantee that you get in year after year. ECNL is club based and a great league but you could end up on a team that doesn't belong. It makes for a long season. FSPL is what's left and the main issue with that is FYSA's corrupt practice of using it to rank teams for State Cup. Our team plays in a leage that falls into the anything else category. Club to small to get ECNL and we cross fingers for RP3 every year but that hasn't happened yet.

Before any starts in on ECNL being below RP3. I only put it there becuase they have not had the same success at State Cup as RP3 teams. I;m sure that will change but I bet more teams from RP3 win a SC title this year than teams from ECNL.

Comment

RP3
                    ECNL
                    FSPL

anything else

That's the order of the league. Problem with RP3 is there is no gurantee that you get in year after year. ECNL is club based and a great league but you could end up on a team that doesn't belong. It makes for a long season. FSPL is what's left and the main issue with that is FYSA's corrupt practice of using it to rank teams for State Cup. Our team plays in a leage that falls into the anything else category. Club to small to get ECNL and we cross fingers for RP3 every year but that hasn't happened yet.

Before any starts in on ECNL being below RP3. I only put it there becuase they have not had the same success at State Cup as RP3 teams. I;m sure that will change but I bet more teams from RP3 win a SC title this year than teams from ECNL.
                    At the end of the day rankings in playing in FSPL or R3PL does not guarantee a smooth ride to the final four. Take a look at Space Coast which was randomly placed in a group. They can potentially get to the Final Four without facing Jacksonville or Sunrise. Meanwhile Florida Rush which did play in R3PL will face Sunrise in the Round of 16. Does it really matter? At this point its about your player being the best that they could be so that if they want to play college, the opportunity will present itself -- it doesn't matter if your player is on Jacksonville, Sunrise or their team never won State Cup.

Comment

At the end of the day rankings in playing in FSPL or R3PL does not guarantee a smooth ride to the final four. Take a look at Space Coast which was randomly placed in a group. They can potentially get to the Final Four without facing Jacksonville or Sunrise. Meanwhile Florida Rush which did play in R3PL will face Sunrise in the Round of 16. Does it really matter? At this point its about your player being the best that they could be so that if they want to play college, the opportunity will present itself -- it doesn't matter if your player is on Jacksonville, Sunrise or their team never won State Cup.
                      Space coast was seeded. They were not randomly placed.

Comment

Sunrise lost seeding

Comment

Sunrise lost seeding
                          Word on the street is this team is breaking up. Will they go out winners and when they go which teams will benefit?

Comment

Word on the street is this team is breaking up. Will they go out winners and when they go which teams will benefit?
                            That's ridiculous. Why would such a successful team like Sunrise break up? I have been hearing that since they were 10 years old. If they do break up, that would be 3 teams that broke up with MH.

Comment

That's ridiculous. Why would such a successful team like Sunrise break up? I have been hearing that since they were 10 years old. If they do break up, that would be 3 teams that broke up with MH.
                              Not sure about Sunrise, but expect player movement at this age group in central FL as many players decide whether to pursue possible college opportunities and the best path for achieving their goal, including the ECNL vs non-ECNL decision. Should be an especially interesting year at tryouts.

Comment

Celtic is the top U15 girls team

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X