Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I would say following
      1. Club Coach
      2. College Coach
      3. Travel Coach
      4. High School Coach

Any thoughts
      Sounds about right. The majority of HS coaches are on the job because the school had to pick a member of the school faculty. With that said, plenty of bozos at all the other levels, including club.

Comment

I would say following
        1. Club Coach
        2. College Coach
        3. Travel Coach
        4. High School Coach

Any thoughts
        I bet my kid's high shool coach knows more about Honors Biology than any Club, College or Travel coach.

Comment

I bet my kid's high shool coach knows more about Honors Biology than any Club, College or Travel coach.
          Travel coaches more rounded people or club coaches who are also have a real job much better than some poor soul as full time job

Comment

I would say following
            1. Club Coach
            2. College Coach
            3. Travel Coach
            4. High School Coach

Any thoughts
            Knowledge of soccer or the ability to teach that knowledge.
            Even the village drunk in England has more knowledge of the game than the majority of coaches in this country.
            Passionate fans are not always the best coach, but I firmly believe you need to be a fan of the game in order to pass your knowledge on as a coach.
            Which is why coaches who don’t follow the game are useless.
            First question you should ask is who they (the coach) supports; as long as it’s not United, they should be ok.

Comment

Why couldn’t they support Leeds?

Comment

Manchester

Comment

Well-played. Only the most obnoxious of ManU fans forget there are other "United" clubs out there.

Comment

Let's get it right...

VARUnited

Comment

Well-played. Only the most obnoxious of ManU fans forget there are other "United" clubs out there.
                      Great documentary on Amazon about United (Leeds)

Comment

What's the point of this thread other than broad sweeping generalizations? Find a good coach that knows the game and is a good fit for your kid. They come in all shapes,, sizes and levels.. That's all that matters.

Comment

What's the point of this thread other than broad sweeping generalizations? Find a good coach that knows the game and is a good fit for your kid. They come in all shapes,, sizes and levels.. That's all that matters.
                          Spot on... but if you don’t mind me adding, find a coach who does not joystick the player during games. Not easy to find, but they do exist.

Comment

Spot on... but if you don’t mind me adding, find a coach who does not joystick the player during games. Not easy to find, but they do exist.
                            Theo Booras

Comment

agreed too many coaches yelling pass it to tommy or pass back to your goalie or let it go out, kids needs to be free to make their own decisions and learn by them, yelling out pass to tommy so you can get the W is a horrible habit for a coach that helps no one, kids not going to know what to do in the next situation when the coach doesnt instruct them, take the kid aside after the game or when she comes out and offer feedback if something on the field happened that you cant let go or hit it at the next practice, silly to pay thousands for a supposed elevated level of soccer and then have a coach yell stupid stuff like that out

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X