Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think poster might have meant both older boys ecnl coaches. You are correct the coaching has not evolved with the times and the older boys coaches are not bringing in new types of training and that reflects on game days. Maybe they are better suited for the younger ecnl group.
    JA is a good coach. RS is a has been.

Comment

RS built the 05 team strictly on size & physicality. It worked when they were younger but now when all that evens out you have to be able to play soccer and have soccer players. That is why the 05 team is struggling.
      Okay, I’ll argue for the sake of arguing...not all of the players are big on the 2005 team and they definitely aren’t on the 2006 team (which RS also coaches). Having seen both teams play this year, the 2006 team just seems to be playing better as a team. The 2005 team did much better last year, so the big question, for me, is what has changed? I don’t think that their issues are due solely to player selection several years ago.

Comment

Okay, I’ll argue for the sake of arguing...not all of the players are big on the 2005 team and they definitely aren’t on the 2006 team (which RS also coaches). Having seen both teams play this year, the 2006 team just seems to be playing better as a team. The 2005 team did much better last year, so the big question, for me, is what has changed? I don’t think that their issues are due solely to player selection several years ago.
        I don't know this team at all but with them being in that 15/16 year old range it is typical that a team might have these issues. One year they are the most athletic and fastest/biggest then the next year all the other teams and players have caught up to them and they no longer stand out or excel over the competition. Maybe that is just the issue. here.
        I want to add after reading through this entire thread, a good team does carry two GK's. If you do not, then you truly do not have a good team or a good gk typically.

Comment

I’ll answer. They are at that age now when all that stuff in regards to physicality, size & speed starts to even out and isn’t as much of as an advantage as it used to be.

Comment

The 05s are good, I've watched them in a couple of scrimmages - one against the 04 ECNL-R team (a tie) and one with a mixed group of 04s and 03s from random teams (they dominated the mixed group). I don't see a coaching deficiency at all and what RS is barking and getting on them about during games makes perfect sense. They simply aren't all technically and tactically sound from top to bottom. They have many really good players and some that are so-so. They need some roster turnover and to really focus on playing "together" - with that the results will come.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X