Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don’t stress on TS. Soccer is happening. The rules of this week will continue to change, tighten, relax, tighten, relax over the next few months. We all knew winter was going to be a toss up in terms of games, scrimmages, etc. it’s also ok to take the season off and give your kids a break for a couple months. We will survive. Just keep your kids in shape or they will be sloooooowww back on the pitch in March. As for travel I’m hearing MA teams with out of state players are continued to keep practicing together. They are even attending “tournaments” they just can’t play in. NEP / NPL games during the next month. But that’s temporary so don’t even stress out on that rule if your player is coming to MA practice from NH, CT, or RI. Go to practice. Go to tournaments just have to wait on NEP games until spring no biggie since seasons are wrapping up.
    "Take the season off and give your kids a break for a couple months"???

Ask your kid if he/she wants to take a couple months off... if they say yes, they probably don't love the sport enough.

Comment

"Take the season off and give your kids a break for a couple months"???

Ask your kid if he/she wants to take a couple months off... if they say yes, they probably don't love the sport enough.
      Enough for what exactly?

Comment

But that’s temporary so don’t even stress out on that rule if your player is coming to MA practice from NH, CT, or RI. Go to practice. Go to tournaments just have to wait on NEP games until spring no biggie since seasons are wrapping up.
        If someone my child is competing with for playing time comes from out of state to practices or games I’m dropping a dime on them.

Comment

If someone my child is competing with for playing time comes from out of state to practices or games I’m dropping a dime on them.
          Woah wait a minute. That says a lot about you. As we know the state line is BS in the north. But seriously you are so afraid of your child missing out on playing time you’ll do anything to get rid of your child’s team mates that are likely better which will only make your child better. If your going to use temporary rules as an opportunity for your child to play more and remove competition your screwed up. You should want your kid surrounded by better players from whatever state and be thankful your kid is on the team and can learn from them. Yikes why don’t you sweep the leg while your at it?

Anyway....The new not crossing state lines is so ridiculous in the Northeast as our states are tiny. The states need to allow travel for any reason up here due to size of the states. Put the northeast together and we are still a fraction of Texas.

Comment

This literally makes no sense. Why is the governor picking on athletes? There is clear evidence that soccer is not a sport that has a large covid transmission rate. So kids can cross state lines for all sorts of reasons but not an outdoor sport that helps keep kids healthy? Wear a mask, fine. 1 parent per game and must social distance fine. There is nothing special about state lines. In fact some of our neighboring states have lower positivity rates.

Comment

This literally makes no sense. Why is the governor picking on athletes? There is clear evidence that soccer is not a sport that has a large covid transmission rate. So kids can cross state lines for all sorts of reasons but not an outdoor sport that helps keep kids healthy? Wear a mask, fine. 1 parent per game and must social distance fine. There is nothing special about state lines. In fact some of our neighboring states have lower positivity rates.
              Clearly no thought has been put into it. If a player and a parent are crossing state lines for 2-4 hours for an outdoor game, following all the guidelines, the risks are absurdly low. All the surrounding states have rising case numbers, as does MA,, but it's still very low in the grand scheme of things. If a kid from CT is going to infect MA teammates so might a MA teammate. May as well not have sports at all if you think that's an infection risk.

Comment

What about going skiing out of state for the day? Or to a down hill ski race?

Comment

What about out of state kids who go to school in MA? No sports on school teams? Those kids can go to after school activities but no sports? Starting to think the governor got cut from his sports teams. He seems to be picking on sports without any reasoning.

Comment

What about out of state kids who go to school in MA? No sports on school teams? Those kids can go to after school activities but no sports? Starting to think the governor got cut from his sports teams. He seems to be picking on sports without any reasoning.
                    This is what happens when fake science is used as justification for anything and everything. This decision likely stems from the hockey clusters of covid cases which were involved in out of state tournaments.

Unfortunately, they haven’t looked at real data for all sports to see how low the transmission rate has been. My teams have been playing in CT flr months and we haven’t had a single case. I know a few teams who have had cases, usually a single one and the whole team quarantines. Contact tracing only goes so far... very unlikely the cases stemmed from soccer.

Comment

This is what happens when fake science is used as justification for anything and everything. This decision likely stems from the hockey clusters of covid cases which were involved in out of state tournaments.

Unfortunately, they haven’t looked at real data for all sports to see how low the transmission rate has been. My teams have been playing in CT flr months and we haven’t had a single case. I know a few teams who have had cases, usually a single one and the whole team quarantines. Contact tracing only goes so far... very unlikely the cases stemmed from soccer.
                      I think its more about so many last minute changes and flying by the seat of the their pants. Many times blanket things are issued to getbthe ball rolling then adjusted accordingly.

As for studentd across state lines that's just private, prep school amd college kids and all those schools have on line learning set up

Comment

I think its more about so many last minute changes and flying by the seat of the their pants. Many times blanket things are issued to getbthe ball rolling then adjusted accordingly.

As for studentd across state lines that's just private, prep school amd college kids and all those schools have on line learning set up
                        What is your point about students from across state lines?

Comment

What is your point about students from across state lines?
                          See above someone brought it up.

Comment

See above someone brought it up.
                            What is the point about online learning? Can out of state kids play on school teams?

Comment

Athletic teams (amateur) are easy to “pick on” because they really have no means, political or otherwise, to fight back or even respond. A generally popular republican governor here in MA needs to appease his mostly democrat constituents. “See, look what I’m doing for our state ...!” This new pronouncement is yet another example of the arbitrary nature of individual state’s COVID-related decision making, driven also at least in part by politics.

Comment

So many players and parents are Covid tired of this garbage that makes no sense. My kid and many of my kids friends come from CT to play for clubs in MA. We will keep going to games and practices unless the Governor wants to pay the parents and clubs back. I mean come on! The rules change daily between MA, CT, RI. The three states should never have travel bans between them feels very unconstitutional.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X