Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's the way I read it too, but it makes absolutely no sense... how is that any different from a tournament other than the fact that teams aren't sitting around for hours waiting for the next game?
    Well, it’s makes as much sense as the indirect short corners that end up being passed and kicked directly into the box anyway. All these rules are for show, than exact science.

I guess they are trying to avoid the daily team excursions to restaurants, etc. and the overnight stay that multiple games over a weekend have so people aren’t spreading the virus all over. Also probably makes contact tracing easier if you just played a couple games over 4 hours versus hanging out at the fields over the weekend playing 4-5 games.

I wonder if you could get around it by skipping a day in between though? Say play 2 on Friday and 2 on Sunday?

Comment

It mentions games over a weekend as still being a tournament.

I can only guess the rationale is to reduce mixing of players and parents.

Still stupid for soccer. Nobody is getting COVID at the games.

They still can’t manage to figure out where people are getting COVID in Mass. utter failure. Guy

Comment

The good news for ECNL is this new ruling doesn't really matter affect their teams and will probably improve Stars and Scorps in the short term. I think this ruling actually makes ECNL stronger.
        You are being sarcastic, right?

Comment

Well, it’s makes as much sense as the indirect short corners that end up being passed and kicked directly into the box anyway. All these rules are for show, than exact science.

I guess they are trying to avoid the daily team excursions to restaurants, etc. and the overnight stay that multiple games over a weekend have so people aren’t spreading the virus all over. Also probably makes contact tracing easier if you just played a couple games over 4 hours versus hanging out at the fields over the weekend playing 4-5 games.

I wonder if you could get around it by skipping a day in between though? Say play 2 on Friday and 2 on Sunday?

They are after the organizer, the organizer not being a league makes it nearly impossible, maybe is you did it on Friday and Sunday with no games at all Saturday under the same organizer,

For example over thanksgiving weekend, maybe NEFC has Friday and Sunday and Select does something on Saturday, also with different facilities used... on Saturday

The key here is that they are going to start cracking down on facilities as well,

The most elegant solution is just to extend the NEP, NECSL, ECNL, and GA/DPL seasons to the first Saturday in December.

Comment

The most elegant solution is just to extend the NEP, NECSL, ECNL, and GA/DPL seasons to the first Saturday in December.
            This executive order sunsets in December? No one is going out of state, or coming into the state to play soccer until 2021.

Comment

So CT, RI, NH and VT players on MA teams can’t play anymore? A CT kid can go to a MA mall all day, eat in a MA restaurant and hang out with their MA friends, but can’t play on a MA team playing a sport that has proven to have an incredibly low risk of transmission?

Comment

This executive order sunsets in December? No one is going out of state, or coming into the state to play soccer until 2021.
                Correction... not "until 2021"... UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Plenty of competitive teams in MA anyways.

Comment

Correction... not "until 2021"... UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Plenty of competitive teams in MA anyways.
                  Maybe my kid’s team can play college teams because clubs would be a waste.

Comment

Maybe my kid’s team can play college teams because clubs would be a waste.
                    Wow.. your kid's team that good? Impressive.
                    Or are college teams in MA that bad?

Care to name your kid's club/team?

Yeah, didn't think so. Troll.

Comment

Wow.. your kid's team that good? Impressive.
                      Or are college teams in MA that bad?

Care to name your kid's club/team?

Yeah, didn't think so. Troll.
                      U19 Revs

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                        u19 revs
                        lol!!!

Comment

U19 Revs
                          Would that be a different Revs U19 team than the one that lost 4-0 to Bolts U19s?

Take your point, though. There’s not much opposition within MA for these teams.

Comment

Our team is taking up a collection to pay the fines if any occur. Just chalking it up to travel cost for the team fund. We are changing our name to something different so the club does not get in trouble. Parents against bull $^#| regulations. The rest of the country is able to play soccer with no issue and traveling to tournaments across the country. I am not going to have my kid miss her chance to play in college because our liberal state does not understand the science. Kids are not dying to COVID-19 as much as any other childhood disease.

Comment

Our team is taking up a collection to pay the fines if any occur. Just chalking it up to travel cost for the team fund. We are changing our name to something different so the club does not get in trouble. Parents against bull $^#| regulations. The rest of the country is able to play soccer with no issue and traveling to tournaments across the country. I am not going to have my kid miss her chance to play in college because our liberal state does not understand the science. Kids are not dying to COVID-19 as much as any other childhood disease.
                              Why bother who's left to play why not just ask the club to line up some in state scrimmages

Comment

From the CDC website. Of the over 200,000 people who have died these are the statistics of Covid deaths by age. 90% of the youth sports fall into this age bracket. I will agree that one death is to many but you cannot use Covid-19 when people die of other disease and unexpected all the time.

0-4 years 40 deaths
                                5-18 years 93 deaths
                                19-44 years 39,040 deaths
                                45-64 years 46,998 deaths - not age of most youth players.

Of these deaths how many had underlining conditions. Wish they would post that information.

Also in 2019 there were ~434 deaths of children due to the flu. We did not shut down sports, school or life for these children that died. This is getting to be ridiculous when you actually do your own research of the numbers based on the scientific facts provided by the CDC. If they actually made this information easier for people to access then we would not have any of this mass panic about something that is just a virus. People die of viruses all the time and if you want to blame anybody for the high death rates in elder blame the people that sent them nursing homes in the beginning of the pandemic.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X