Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated MA Youth Sports Guidance - 11/7/2020

Looks like the soccer playing modifications have been removed? I don't see any mention of them.

Clarifications on tournaments seems problematic for the upcoming Friendlies being held by Select, NEFC and Stars.

https://www.mass.gov/doc/safety-stan...11720/download

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like the soccer playing modifications have been removed? I don't see any mention of them.
    Well, the soccer game play modifications were never actually located in the state guidance. MYSA interpreted the instructions in the state document asking for modified rules for Moderate Risk sports. That said, the instructions for modified play do seem to have been removed in this version of the state guidance so your conclusion seems like it may be correct.

Comment

I see that out of state kids cannot participate in Mass with Mass teams. Looks like the facilities/clubs risk closure if this happens. This sucks for Mass teams with RI or NH kds on them. It especially sucks for those kids...

Comment

I see that out of state kids cannot participate in Mass with Mass teams. Looks like the facilities/clubs risk closure if this happens. This sucks for Mass teams with RI or NH kds on them. It especially sucks for those kids...
        Supposedly CT kids as well, although maybe it's just for teams not individual players?

Comment

Supposedly CT kids as well, although maybe it's just for teams not individual players?
          I would imagine that it applies to teams and the reference to "Massachusetts-based participants" refers to individual athletes for non-team sports.

Comment

Masks for every sport is still very much a thing

"Facility Operators and Activity Organizers must require facial coverings to be worn by all
            participants during active play"

Comment

Masks for every sport is still very much a thing
              No argument there. I was more referencing the changes to style of play (headers, throw-ins, shoulder to shoulder contact, slide tackles, set pieces, etc...).

Comment

If I read this correct, and it's Friday afternoon after a llloooooooonnnggg week so possibly I'm dense, but MA teams need to be playing only in MA now; and only with MA players?

Correct?

Comment

"Furthermore, any Massachusetts-based team that chooses to leave the state
                  to participate in a Sport Event or any Facility Owner or Activity Organizer that
                  hosts an out-of-state team at a Massachusetts facility or allows an out-of-state
                  player to participate on a Massachusetts-based team risks facility closure or
                  suspension of a league’s practices and/or games."

As Sonny said in A Bronx Tale, "Now yous can't leave."

Comment

No argument there. I was more referencing the changes to style of play (headers, throw-ins, shoulder to shoulder contact, slide tackles, set pieces, etc...).
                    Right, that’s not from eea though. That’s the modifications MYSA made to adhere to the rule that you have to make modifications. So I doubt they’ll go away

Comment

Right, that’s not from eea though. That’s the modifications MYSA made to adhere to the rule that you have to make modifications. So I doubt they’ll go away
                      Yes but the rules that modifications had to be made is no longer present in the document. Wouldn't that mean that MYSA can remove those guidelines?

Comment

Yes but the rules that modifications had to be made is no longer present in the document. Wouldn't that mean that MYSA can remove those guidelines?
                        Come on! Where have you been for the past few months? The game modifications will be in place until long after there is a vaccine.

Comment

Indeed the older versions of this document had a "MINIMUM MANDATORY STANDARDS FOR MODIFICATION TO PLAY" section for moderate and high risk activities that is now gone.

Comment

MYSA updated their webpage:

Game Modifications are no longer required as long as Mandatory Facial Coverings requirements in EEA documentation are adhered to. Mass Youth Soccer recommends that sanctioned leagues continue to utilize game modifications to complete current Fall League schedules.

Comment

Indeed the older versions of this document had a "MINIMUM MANDATORY STANDARDS FOR MODIFICATION TO PLAY" section for moderate and high risk activities that is now gone.
                              Jesus Christ! Does everything need to be spelled out for you? How much larger did you want this document to be? The game modifications are here to stay, get used to them. Instead worry about the ability for kids to play, period.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X