Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Coach,

Thanks for your input. My daughter was a recruit for the high school class of 2005. She was a Patriot league, Ivy, top tier D3 type recruit. We have a close family friend with a daughter, class of 2023 who may be a similar profile. i feel that some of my information may be out of date. how would you say things have changed over the last 18 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hi Coach,

Thanks for your input. My daughter was a recruit for the high school class of 2005. She was a Patriot league, Ivy, top tier D3 type recruit. We have a close family friend with a daughter, class of 2023 who may be a similar profile. i feel that some of my information may be out of date. how would you say things have changed over the last 18 years?
      It's changed more in the last year than the previous 17 with our current situation....and sadly I don't feel like I can even predict how all of this is going to play out except to say the 22s, 23s, 24s will be impacted significantly.

Comment

It is so funny how people ask questions and listen to responses from someone they have no info about and they are on an anonymous board. Come on people. Do your own work or get advice from someone you know is real. Yes this could be a decent coach, or not. But what coach actually goes on with this after admitting they can’t get a registration taken care of with the moderator?

Comment

I too am a coach of a women’s D1 program. A top program I might add. I love the beautiful game so much I’ll come here to help anyone who asks. I have nothing else to do. Did I mention I’m from a top program? What would you like to know?

Comment

Oh no! It’s this lunatic again. He says he is a D 1 Coach, makes posts and then answers himself. Come on people! You believe this and you don’t believe Biden is a liar and took money from China.

Comment

I did this quite some time ago knowing that there are a lot of frustrated parents out there. We are beyond frustrated as well with the never ending Dead Period and the recruiting challenges created by Covid.

I am happy to answer questions and provide insight to the best of my ability with the following assumptions:

1) I coach at a Division 1 Women's Program
              2) All programs have unique circumstances, and all coaches have different perspectives
              3) My whole life has been devoted to the beautiful game and my only motivation is providing even the tiniest bit of assistance in these unprecedented times
              4) I will not engage the naysayers and skeptics who will immediately say I'm not a coach
              5) I registered a user name with the hopes of legitimizing my intent and have emailed the help desk no less than 4 times since June to no avail
              6) You can access original thread and previously addressed questions here http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...ighlight=coach
              Ego tw@t

Comment

It is so funny how people ask questions and listen to responses from someone they have no info about and they are on an anonymous board. Come on people. Do your own work or get advice from someone you know is real. Yes this could be a decent coach, or not. But what coach actually goes on with this after admitting they can’t get a registration taken care of with the moderator?
                A coach that is no longer a coach. Start there

Comment

A coach that is no longer a coach. Start there
                  Start further back with the board being anonymous. Anyone believing much of anything on this board should have their head examined. It's mostly entertainment. As said above, if you're serious about seeking information don't rely on this board. Seek real people in real life and several of them.

Comment

What a moron this dude is

Comment

I did this quite some time ago knowing that there are a lot of frustrated parents out there. We are beyond frustrated as well with the never ending Dead Period and the recruiting challenges created by Covid.

I am happy to answer questions and provide insight to the best of my ability with the following assumptions:

1) I coach at a Division 1 Women's Program
                      2) All programs have unique circumstances, and all coaches have different perspectives
                      3) My whole life has been devoted to the beautiful game and my only motivation is providing even the tiniest bit of assistance in these unprecedented times
                      4) I will not engage the naysayers and skeptics who will immediately say I'm not a coach
                      5) I registered a user name with the hopes of legitimizing my intent and have emailed the help desk no less than 4 times since June to no avail
                      6) You can access original thread and previously addressed questions here http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...ighlight=coach
                      Coach, it seems like after the fall of the DA (and the subsequent departure of many top clubs and individual players to ECNL), the new GA league is a work in progress and certainly subpar in terms of quality and competitive balance. Is that your impression as well, what are your thoughts?

Comment

Coach, it seems like after the fall of the DA (and the subsequent departure of many top clubs and individual players to ECNL), the new GA league is a work in progress and certainly subpar in terms of quality and competitive balance. Is that your impression as well, what are your thoughts?
                        Since it just started back up, not many games have been played and no showcases yet, how would "the coach" really know?

- not a GAL supporter but come on....

Comment

Hey Fake D 1 Coach, did I see you on CNN during the Fake News segment?

Comment

We get plenty of emails from 8th graders! (even 7th) Never too early to get on our radar, and we can actually speak to players before they enter High School as they don't meet definition of Prospective Student Athlete. We don't make a habit of this, or solicit these players, but a handful will reach out to us asking to talk.

Once you enter HS, we can't communicate, nor let you know we'll be at the games because we aren't allowed to!
                            Thanks for resuming this thread. Should a 9th grader start reaching out to schools yet? I think in a normal year this would not be a question but not sure if there's any point this year. (is there any harm?). Our club is rightly much more panicked about the older kids getting some exposure this year. Do you have any idea when college ID camps/clinics will start again?

Comment

Thanks for resuming this thread. Should a 9th grader start reaching out to schools yet? I think in a normal year this would not be a question but not sure if there's any point this year. (is there any harm?). Our club is rightly much more panicked about the older kids getting some exposure this year. Do you have any idea when college ID camps/clinics will start again?
                              not "the coach" but much of that is out of the hands of coaches. the ncaa sets the dead period and many schools won't allow events on campuses they're trying desperately to keep covid free. then there's all the multi-state travel restrictions. I really feel for the kids who would normally be in prime exposure time; no doubt it's crazy stressful (although the non committed seniors have had it the worst of all). but personally I don't see events happening in any large number until late spring and summer

Comment

Yes, for sure especially if it's one you are really interested in! There's no reason not to. Once they changed recruiting rules, 9th graders definitely are not a priority for us. You should also fill out the recruiting questionnaire as it gets you into the database and on email list for clinics, etc.

Clinics/Camps won't resume until dead period is lifted....the coaches committee and members all appear to be in favor of ending at the end of year, however there is talk of campus visits still being prohibited (in order to "protect" basketball season/march madness by limiting campus exposure to virus). If campus visits prohibited that will also mean no clinics, but i think you will see coaches starting to hold them remotely at alternative locations.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X