Thoughts on Futsal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futsal helps with decision making, working in tight spaces and transitioning much quicker from defense to offense. There are some futsal clubs like Safira which train regularly and smash most outdoor soccer teams which play futsal in the winter. Most of the top professional soccer players played futsal growing up. In my opinion futsal is much better for player development than indoor soccer, particularly those indoor soccer games played with boards.

https://futsalfeed.com/original-cont...-played-futsal

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Futsal helps with decision making, working in tight spaces and transitioning much quicker from defense to offense. There are some futsal clubs like Safira which train regularly and smash most outdoor soccer teams which play futsal in the winter. Most of the top professional soccer players played futsal growing up. In my opinion futsal is much better for player development than indoor soccer, particularly those indoor soccer games played with boards.

https://futsalfeed.com/original-cont...-played-futsal
      Ginga OVER Safina. Those who ever played against Safina knows what I am speaking. Boards are for U Littles. I think after 14 years old, training for soccer, working out, is better for development in Spring.

Comment

Skills are skills. Playing quick is playing quick. Playing in tight spaces is playing in tight spaces.

Every great player from Europe or South America played futsal growing up.
        This is absolutely not true. Futsal players in these places played futsal, everybody else trained with their soccer teams year round.

Comment

Ginga OVER Safina. Those who ever played against Safina knows what I am speaking. Boards are for U Littles. I think after 14 years old, training for soccer, working out, is better for development in Spring.
          Ginga always loses to Safira.

Comment

Ginga always loses to Safira.
            um, No.

Safira formerly Green Lions is/was run by absolute lunatics. Stay away

Comment

I wouldn’t put too much stock in Futsal. The small sided games are okay for little kids, but at a certain point, it doesn’t carry over to real soccer. It’s a fun thing to do in the winter, when indoor space is limited. It should never take the place of real soccer training.

Comment

My kid played Futsal every winter for about 4 years and I can say that the skills, first touch and overall ability to play in tight space absolutely translated to the big field when time came to go outdoors. She actually developed a move of her own that she now uses regularly with her 11v11 team. Not sure it has been mentioned in the thread, but in Futsal a player will touch the ball 5 to 7 times more than in outdoor soccer. You absolutely cannot go wrong with Futsal.

Comment

I wouldn’t put too much stock in Futsal. The small sided games are okay for little kids, but at a certain point, it doesn’t carry over to real soccer. It’s a fun thing to do in the winter, when indoor space is limited. It should never take the place of real soccer training.
                  Agreed.

Comment

Since a majority of futsal players come from COVID-19 red cities and towns, and futsal is played in poorly ventilated school gyms, that there is zero chance of leagues and tournaments happening.

Comment

Since a majority of futsal players come from COVID-19 red cities and towns, and futsal is played in poorly ventilated school gyms, that there is zero chance of leagues and tournaments happening.
                      You my friend are 100 per cent incorrect:

http://www.northefutsal.com/youth-pr...b-142ffa26fc08

Comment

This is absolutely not true. Futsal players in these places played futsal, everybody else trained with their soccer teams year round.
                        Right...

Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Andres Iniesta, Pele, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Philippe Coutinho, Oscar, Xavi, Neymar, etc. just don't exist then....

Comment

um, No.

Safira formerly Green Lions is/was run by absolute lunatics. Stay away
                          My kid's club was big rivals with Safira, huge respect there. Green Lions has recently come into the club, but they do not "run" it.

Safira is an excellent choice. I will say nothing positive about Green Lions, but they are only participants at Safira.

Comment

My kid played Futsal every winter for about 4 years and I can say that the skills, first touch and overall ability to play in tight space absolutely translated to the big field when time came to go outdoors. She actually developed a move of her own that she now uses regularly with her 11v11 team. Not sure it has been mentioned in the thread, but in Futsal a player will touch the ball 5 to 7 times more than in outdoor soccer. You absolutely cannot go wrong with Futsal.
                            You don’t need Futsal to have many touches on the ball. There are many mall sided drills that utilize the real surface of a soccer pitch. Training on a real pitch or surface, also allows for conditioning, runs and sprints that mimic real game scenarios. Futsal is to soccer, as ping pong is to tennis.

Comment

Ronaldo grew up on the working-class islands of Madeira, where his obsession with the game and highly competitive nature in neighborhood pickup games soon got the attention of professional clubs. “The small playing area helped me improve my close control, and whenever I played futsal, I felt free. If it wasn’t for futsal, I wouldn’t be the player I am today,” Ronaldo told Fifa.com.

///////////////

As mentioned earlier, it's a tool to help you develop. Just like lifting, running, stretching, etc. There's isn't any other way to match competitive touches than in futsal.

"We mock what we do not understand"

Comment

My two kids play Futsal every Winter and they absolutely love it! Their only complaint is that the games are too short LOL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X