• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How about 2009?

18-4

Lost in 2OT to UNC in the ACC semis

Lost in Elite 8 to Stanford.

Is that where this program could be?
    Or was that just a magical Flutie year which happens once in a generation?
    2009. thing have changed a lot since then. Thats been discussed

Comment

As long as they are competitive who cares,those clubs you mentioned have been tops for a decade now,levels behind, thanks capt obvious .
      I didnt say National stage. Relax pal. I think part of the BC issue is defining success there NOW. Not what it was. The bar is lower now. I would love BC to build around local players with a few internationals sprinkled in. Easy to identify with and root for. Success for me would be playing hard, competitive soccer in the ACC and having the occasional ACC tournament run. Not sure what National level meant to the OP.

Comment

I didnt say National stage. Relax pal. I think part of the BC issue is defining success there NOW. Not what it was. The bar is lower now. I would love BC to build around local players with a few internationals sprinkled in. Easy to identify with and root for. Success for me would be playing hard, competitive soccer in the ACC and having the occasional ACC tournament run. Not sure what National level meant to the OP.
        Just making the ACC and NCAA tournament would be a good goal working with what they have.

Comment

Just making the ACC and NCAA tournament would be a good goal working with what they have.
          Given the recent seasons, a record north of .50 overall and in conference would be a huge improvement next season. BC should be able to tie or beat Miami, Syracuse, Pitt, and Notre Dame consistently. That’s not too much of a stretch. Start winning and the tourneys will come eventually.

Comment

Given the recent seasons, a record north of .50 overall and in conference would be a huge improvement next season. BC should be able to tie or beat Miami, Syracuse, Pitt, and Notre Dame consistently. That’s not too much of a stretch. Start winning and the tourneys will come eventually.
            Why ND or Pitt ?

Comment

I would think that firing the coach before making certain the ACC midfielder of the year (as a freshman) would stay put set the program back 5-7 years.

Comment

I would think that firing the coach before making certain the ACC midfielder of the year (as a freshman) would stay put set the program back 5-7 years.
                Way bigger than one player.

Comment

And how would they do that? At gunpoint? Buy her a car?

Comment

Why ND or Pitt ?
                    Because it’s unlikely BC is going to consistently beat the top of the ACC, but those at the bottom of the table should be achievable near term. Middle of the pack would be respectable for BC.

Comment

How about 2009?

18-4

Lost in 2OT to UNC in the ACC semis

Lost in Elite 8 to Stanford.

Is that where this program could be?
                      Or was that just a magical Flutie year which happens once in a generation?
                      Jeez, you are talking about BC for god's sake. Of course it's a once in a generation occurrence. Set your expectations appropriately. The only exception to that rule is Men's Ice Hockey. Simply being in the ACC does not guarantee success.

Comment

In this spring season, are the stadiums open to the public? Can we go watch the games?

Comment

In this spring season, are the stadiums open to the public? Can we go watch the games?
                          I doubt that any fans would be allowed this Spring. They couldn't even have a parent of a football player attend a home game last fall. Many colleges are not even allowing any non students on their campuses.

Comment

Jeez, you are talking about BC for god's sake. Of course it's a once in a generation occurrence. Set your expectations appropriately. The only exception to that rule is Men's Ice Hockey. Simply being in the ACC does not guarantee success.
                            2009? Agreed. That is soccer light years ago when kick and fetch was the overall style of play in the US. If you want a wayback, George Mason won a national championship too. Does not make them a national contender today.

Comment

Define national stage. They are LEVELS behind UNC,UVA,FSU and Duke. Best case 5th in thier conference. the odd At large bid? No way and AD buys into that risk reward.
                              Louisville, Clemson, ND and Pitt are above BC currently.

Comment

Louisville, Clemson, ND and Pitt are above BC currently.
                                NC State as well

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X