X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://girlsacademyleague.com/members/

I honestly don't understand the GA's club choices. In three of the regions (North East, Mid Atlantic and Southwest) the games are drivable, so that's all good. But in all the other regions it would be constant flying for league games. Look at the mountain-west conference. My God. And the SE conference goes from south Florida to NC.

How is that sustainable?
    Whats worse is some of those far flung games (Empire United) have no travel partner, so you are driving/flying long distances for just one game.

Comment

Not enough players from outside the club for JD?
      They run them off. There isn’t as much excitement for the regional teams as they had expected.

Comment

They run them off. There isn’t as much excitement for the regional teams as they had expected.
        ECNL Coaches for 2yrs: "You better shape up and work harder or you're getting dumped in Regional!"
        Club this year: "Good news, we have a spot for you on the Regional team!"
        Coaches: "Why do none of these players want to join this Regional team??"

giant mystery

Comment

ECNL Coaches for 2yrs: "You better shape up and work harder or you're getting dumped in Regional!"
          Club this year: "Good news, we have a spot for you on the Regional team!"
          Coaches: "Why do none of these players want to join this Regional team??"

giant mystery
          Not to mention the players have witnessed some regional games with their own eyes. Oops.

Comment

Not to mention the players have witnessed some regional games with their own eyes. Oops.
            Well, considering the Comp teams are now Regional teams, I'd say if it was a decent enough team before, it's a decent enough team now regardless of the team label.

D played on a Comp team this past season which will be a Regional team made up of some "demoted" National team players, Comp team players and a few "promoted" regional team players. They scrimmaged and supposedly lost to the National team 3-4. Still lots of work to do, but seems like a close enough thing that it doesn't really matter which team you're on.

Comment

College coaches have noticed too. Bloody awful.

Comment

Big rematch at NEP Regional Finals bw Bayside and Stars White this weekend!
                This Bayside vs Stars white game will be a fascinating one this weekend. Just of note, I think Aztecs is a top tier team.
                Sincerely,
                Aztecs Dad

Comment

This Bayside vs Stars white game will be a fascinating one this weekend. Just of note, I think Aztecs is a top tier team.
                  Sincerely,
                  Aztecs Dad
                  Winner goes to Colorado for 5 days in July to play in a finals tournament ? Is that really winning ?

Comment

Winner goes to Colorado for 5 days in July to play in a finals tournament ? Is that really winning ?
                    I would say it is a great opportunity for either team. Given the situation with white being somewhat rebuilt next year may make it a tough choice for some families to want to go if they win though. Good luck to both teams.

Comment

IF a team declines what happens?? A fine? Is second place team given choice to go?

Comment

I would say it is a great opportunity for either team. Given the situation with white being somewhat rebuilt next year may make it a tough choice for some families to want to go if they win though. Good luck to both teams.
                        When is official end of U14 and the start of U15? Is it a set date, July 1, or does it vary by league?

Comment

IF a team declines what happens?? A fine? Is second place team given choice to go?
                          I know for the mass state cup if a team makes the national finals and withdraws the club is fined 5k

Comment

Posting that you won on TS, Twitter and Instagram is good enough. Pass on the 5 day trip out to Colorado in July.

Comment

Yes, but was told from a friend of a friend.
                              Also heard B & W coaches are questioning
                              some of their picks and JD isn’t happy with
                              any of them. Believe first rumor more than
                              second but fun to think its real.
                              Are they teams done ?

Comment

When is official end of U14 and the start of U15? Is it a set date, July 1, or does it vary by league?
                                I believe for US Club the player cards are valid through Aug. 1.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X