Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Follow that "logic", such as it is, further. You go see family. Turns out cousin Mike was infected but not symptomatic yet or asymptomatic. You pick it up from him, go home possibly infecting others along the way, you bring it home to someone you live with or a coworker next week. THOSE people were not a part of your decision making. They had no say, but now have Covid because YOU couldn't miss Thanksgiving. Multiply that by all the other people at your family gathering who also got it from Mike.
    Selfish , clueless posters like the one you responded to will never change their stripes.

Comment

There is zero data supporting widespread transmission due to youth sports. And we now have months of data showing that youth sports (and schools) are not a strong vector for transmission. Couple that with the recent studies that, once again, show that asymptomatic transmission is rare, why the focus on shutting down areas that are not contributing to our overall case numbers?

This is a perfect example of doing something for the sake of doing something. It also shows how much these governors think of youth activities. Even in the face of data showing that the shutdowns are likely causing drastic increases in depression, anxiety, drug use, domestic abuse, and suicides...And it becomes abundantly clear that the "solution" is doing much more harm than good.

Comment

Selfish , clueless posters like the one you responded to will never change their stripes.
        You guys always post these made up "asymptomatic" transmission cases...which we now know (and should have always known) are very rare to cause widespread transmission.

Comment

You guys always post these made up "asymptomatic" transmission cases...which we now know (and should have always known) are very rare to cause widespread transmission.
          Source?

Comment

Jan 19? Can’t make it up. Jan 20 is when Sleepy Joe goes into office
            lol no, it's the first day after MLK weekend.

Comment

So you think that people who know they are sick are going out on purpose to spread Covid?

Comment

There is zero data supporting widespread transmission due to youth sports. And we now have months of data showing that youth sports (and schools) are not a strong vector for transmission. Couple that with the recent studies that, once again, show that asymptomatic transmission is rare, why the focus on shutting down areas that are not contributing to our overall case numbers?

This is a perfect example of doing something for the sake of doing something. It also shows how much these governors think of youth activities. Even in the face of data showing that the shutdowns are likely causing drastic increases in depression, anxiety, drug use, domestic abuse, and suicides...And it becomes abundantly clear that the "solution" is doing much more harm than good.
                There are some sports that are riskier (indoor close contact sports). Unfortunately once you start cancelling some and not others everyone cries "unfair". Look at how many times football was on then off then on the off this fall.

Comment

I just heard Insports and goal sports owners are calling clubs to have them practice indoors. Clubs will be able to use their liability instead of the state (cjsa) Is this even legal?

Comment

I just heard Insports and goal sports owners are calling clubs to have them practice indoors. Clubs will be able to use their liability instead of the state (cjsa) Is this even legal?
                    A lot of clubs aren't under cjsa rules or insurance, but it's still not legal according to the CT guidance:

** Effective November 23, 2020, all team sporting activities (except for collegiate and professional) are paused until January 19, 2021.

Perhaps they think they fall under "recreation" which allows them to stay open but with limited capacity - but the team rule would override that.

https://portal.ct.gov/DECD/Content/C...ion-for-Reopen

Comment

A lot of clubs aren't under cjsa rules or insurance, but it's still not legal according to the CT guidance:

** Effective November 23, 2020, all team sporting activities (except for collegiate and professional) are paused until January 19, 2021.

Perhaps they think they fall under "recreation" which allows them to stay open but with limited capacity - but the team rule would override that.

How do you know that “the team rule would override that”? Hard to define a team if kids sign up “individually” to “train”.
                      There are loopholes and they will be found and exploited. They always are.

Comment

How do you know that “the team rule would override that”? Hard to define a team if kids sign up “individually” to “train”.
                        There are loopholes and they will be found and exploited. They always are.
                        I'm thinking the headline at the top of the website that says "ALL SPORTS" would superceede that. Supposedly there can be training with either 3-4 players, but I haven't seen any written guidance on that. If a club wants to take that chance they best make sure it's allowed. Most insurances are void if you are not following applicable health codes. The same probably applies to facilities also - if they're allowed to train what are the rules on how many players per field etc?

I'm not the op and believe me I feel for all these people. But 1) is it worth the risk of fines or other punishments 2) is it worth damaging your reputation for skirting the rules? I know some people won't follow any rules but most parents will expect businesses to follow state law. Personally I think banning outdoor, low risk sports like soccer is beyond dumb. Indoor and close contact I get the reasons behind it. Maybe if we can keep CT numbers manageable things will loosen back up after the holidays

Comment

Professional and college sports are free to spread covid from state to state though ... sweet!

Comment

I'm thinking the headline at the top of the website that says "ALL SPORTS" would superceede that. Supposedly there can be training with either 3-4 players, but I haven't seen any written guidance on that. If a club wants to take that chance they best make sure it's allowed. Most insurances are void if you are not following applicable health codes. The same probably applies to facilities also - if they're allowed to train what are the rules on how many players per field etc?

I'm not the op and believe me I feel for all these people. But 1) is it worth the risk of fines or other punishments 2) is it worth damaging your reputation for skirting the rules? I know some people won't follow any rules but most parents will expect businesses to follow state law. Personally I think banning outdoor, low risk sports like soccer is beyond dumb. Indoor and close contact I get the reasons behind it. Maybe if we can keep CT numbers manageable things will loosen back up after the holidays
                            The guidance is spelled out pretty clearly.

https://portal.ct.gov/DECD/Content/C...ports-on-Pause

Comment

You can do individual/private training in groups of 4 or less

Comment

You can do individual/private training in groups of 4 or less
                                CFC is starting circle jerk groups of 4 daddies

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X