• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares?

Nobody cares!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Nobody cares!
      You came on here to type that nobody cares? How long did you have to think about that?

Comment

You were correct. 7-1
        Real should have been matched against SUSA ECNL, that would have been a good match.
        So Real (a township team) beats CSA (a GA team) 7-1... So glad we did not fall for any of the GA nonsense...

Comment

So Real (a township team) beats CSA (a GA team) 7-1... So glad we did not fall for any of the GA nonsense...
          It wasn’t CSA GA team, it was their next one down - USYS national.

Real and SUSA play tomorrow morning, should be interesting.

Comment

Incorrect it was GA...tells you all you need to know. So much for all that extra training over the HS season to get blown out by a local township team....

Comment

Indeed. SUSA now claims to be the best team on LI and Real is probably the best team in NJ not called PDA.

Comment

Incorrect it was GA...tells you all you need to know. So much for all that extra training over the HS season to get blown out by a local township team....
                You’re right, it was the GA team.

Comment

These days it’s so important to be diligent about your research, as these places will tell you what you want to hear to hook you in. You pay the fees, buy the exorbitantly expensive uniforms and then may get stuck playing on a poor squad and not developing. See what results they have and what track record...ask lots of questions and observe the culture. For example do you ever see PDA players transfer to clubs like CSA or STA???? Extremely rare if it ever happens, as they know the training and quality is just not there.

Comment

Games

Looks like Town is as good as ECNL and better than GA or National League. PSA National was consistent but thumped both games.

Comment

These days it’s so important to be diligent about your research, as these places will tell you what you want to hear to hook you in. You pay the fees, buy the exorbitantly expensive uniforms and then may get stuck playing on a poor squad and not developing. See what results they have and what track record...ask lots of questions and observe the culture. For example do you ever see PDA players transfer to clubs like CSA or STA???? Extremely rare if it ever happens, as they know the training and quality is just not there.
                      We talking PDA Blue/White or PDA South, PDA Shore and PDA ECRL Blue?

Comment

We talking PDA Blue/White or PDA South, PDA Shore and PDA ECRL Blue?
                        PDA Blue/White but not familiar with how good the other branches of PDA are just know Zerapath is the best.

Comment

Looking at the teams record U14 and under is not a good way to judge the training and development. I would even argue that having a good record means that they are not being encouraged to play out the back, play different positions and most likely are not allowing the kids to try new things. I grind my teeth every time I hear a coach yell at a girl for trying something in a game. US soccer in general lacks creativity and that's the result of a lot of structure at an early age. Let them enjoy the game.

Comment

Looking at the teams record U14 and under is not a good way to judge the training and development. I would even argue that having a good record means that they are not being encouraged to play out the back, play different positions and most likely are not allowing the kids to try new things. I grind my teeth every time I hear a coach yell at a girl for trying something in a game. US soccer in general lacks creativity and that's the result of a lot of structure at an early age. Let them enjoy the game.
                            That’s exactly what happens at these places the Brits prefer big strong and physical over technical and small....which is a shame. I know that’s what colleges prefer/require as well but they overlook so many smaller but more technical players.

Comment

How do you know that some of those people talking about those clubs don't or haven't had kids their? Mine plays for one of the mentioned clubs in a u14 and under team and the training is not what one would expect. A month off before "winter training" which is a single day and extra but they also have paid extra indoor training all Dec. They still expect to go to Jeff Cup and travel to SC for a tournament and want people to pay upfront for all of this?

Comment

How do you know that some of those people talking about those clubs don't or haven't had kids their? Mine plays for one of the mentioned clubs in a u14 and under team and the training is not what one would expect. A month off before "winter training" which is a single day and extra but they also have paid extra indoor training all Dec. They still expect to go to Jeff Cup and travel to SC for a tournament and want people to pay upfront for all of this?
                                Pay to play at its best, don’t get how so many people fall for this stuff.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X