Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sure. Some won't have the same experience in HS but the point is the vast majority of players WANT to play. We can debate all day about the quality of play and other issues with HS but at the end of the day most girls want to play HS and any program that conflicts with that will have any issue.
    That’s true but if that’s a widely known fact then why the DA coaches and trainers insist so much on HS soccer being terrible, not worth it etc. The players were directly hearing these messages. Did the trainers really mean it or was it just done because that was the business model??? Seems like the same trainers are now encouraging the same actions they were so much against.

Comment

That’s true but if that’s a widely known fact then why the DA coaches and trainers insist so much on HS soccer being terrible, not worth it etc. The players were directly hearing these messages. Did the trainers really mean it or was it just done because that was the business model??? Seems like the same trainers are now encouraging the same actions they were so much against.
      There is no question that the overall quality of HS soccer is lower than strong club soccer. And even if a specific HS program has top notch players and coaching, they end up playing against mostly mediocre and lower opponents, which leads to players developing bad habits, etc. But that has nothing to do with kids wanting to play HS soccer. They want to play because their friends will watch them play. They play against school rivals and get to represent their school/community. They potentially get mentioned in the local newspapers, and also possibly get league, county and state recognition. There's a school-sponsored banquet at the end of the year. Etc etc. Believe it or not, most HS-aged kids love this stuff. It has nothing to do with "development".

Comment

People can debate this all they want but Girls want to play HS. Period. DA had some great things going for it except one major flaw in not being able to play HS. Now that my D is allowed to play HS I can't believe she could have missed the experience if DA stayed together. Now the debate about GA is another discussion. Not impressed and I don't see it lasting
        i know a whole bunch of committed D1 players that sit out their senior years of hs. they are all ecnl players, so i know that you're just trying to mislead people on this forum.

hs is 40% social, 20% leadership, 20% soccer and 20% avoidance of injury.

Comment

i know a whole bunch of committed D1 players that sit out their senior years of hs. they are all ecnl players, so i know that you're just trying to mislead people on this forum.

Talk about misleading....see above. My daughter’s team has 3 D1 commited Seniors and all played. We played against other teams that also had 1-2 players and they played too. So much for sitting out....

Comment

Talk about misleading....see above. My daughter’s team has 3 D1 commited Seniors and all played. We played against other teams that also had 1-2 players and they played too. So much for sitting out....
            because your friends played doesnt mean that what i said is false. it just means you are stupid and dont understand logic.

Comment

Its not about trying to be misleading or to manipulate peoples thoughts. The statement I said earlier was the majority of girls WANT to play HS. And yes social is a big reason. This debate will go on and on and I agree there are risks with injury and other reasons why any High level D1 possible girl shouldn't play hs soccer. But the truth remains that many, not all, WANT to play for their HS.

Comment

Its not about trying to be misleading or to manipulate peoples thoughts. The statement I said earlier was the majority of girls WANT to play HS. And yes social is a big reason. This debate will go on and on and I agree there are risks with injury and other reasons why any High level D1 possible girl shouldn't play hs soccer. But the truth remains that many, not all, WANT to play for their HS.
                Just not true, the vast majority of D1 players do not play HS ball. The academies advise them as such.

Comment

Just not true, the vast majority of D1 players do not play HS ball. The academies advise them as such.
                  So this list only has a small percentage of D1 commits in NJ?

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/...outputType=amp

Seems like NJ must have a huge number of player commitments...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X