Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For All State, they should be looking at clubs soccer as well. Oftentimes tough for a player to shine when all they have is crap around them on the HS team.
    That is the silliest thing I have seen posted here in a long time.

Comment

For All State, they should be looking at clubs soccer as well. Oftentimes tough for a player to shine when all they have is crap around them on the HS team.
      This is the most absurd statement ever made on this board...

Comment

This is the most absurd statement ever made on this board...

With so many to choose from, hard to say that...but...even coming from a parent of a kid who plays Club and not HS, if that wasn't the most absurd statement it's absolutely in the running.

It's an all-state team picked (in theory) based on how players performed for their HS. Only. It's sponsored by the New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association...nothing to do with clubs.

Sorry, club mommy, not buying this one either.

Comment

With so many to choose from, hard to say that...but...even coming from a parent of a kid who plays Club and not HS, if that wasn't the most absurd statement it's absolutely in the running.

It's an all-state team picked (in theory) based on how players performed for their HS. Only. It's sponsored by the New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association...nothing to do with clubs.

Sorry, club mommy, not buying this one either.
          Right, club mommy caring about her little all star is any different than those of you who can't wait to find out if their HS Super Star was preferred by their HS coach as the best in NH.

It's NH. It's youth soccer. In the grand scheme of things, it is not all that important. You can belittle those who you believe are beneath you, but at the end of a day, this is all recreational and subjective.

Be proud of your player and enjoy the game regsardless. Happy TG all!

Comment

Is this thread some type of April fools joke in late November? I have never seen so much attention paid to All-State. And to have it happen in this type of season with no formal schedule and with individual coaches picking players is curious.

Some will just have to reserve themselves to the reality that their kids were very solid players and integral pieces on top teams. But not All-Team or All-State as picked subjectively by coaches. Call them the group of unsung heroes that each team needs to a championship quality team. Whether it be their attitude, the way they practice, being a great teammate, the way they always show up in big games, etc., that is what defines them. If that is your kid, be proud of them.

For my kid, the individual accolades came in their other sport where they never won a championship. As a parent I relish the iconic moments they had in soccer both individually and at a team level not the All-State first team they made in their other sport. But hey that's just me.

Comment

"All State" seems to infer the best players in the State. For the best players, need to include club. All State alone sure isn’t getting anyone a D1 scholarship and probably not even getting them on a decent college team. But NH has no good club teams and few good players so it really doesn't mean much here anyway.

Comment

Enough with the hyperbole. Anyone have the damn list???? I want to know if my coach likes me or not.

Comment

"All State" seems to infer the best players in the State. For the best players, need to include club. All State alone sure isn’t getting anyone a D1 scholarship and probably not even getting them on a decent college team. But NH has no good club teams and few good players so it really doesn't mean much here anyway.

Not sure why college is now brought into the discussion? This is about what is perceived to be the best high school players as determined by high school coaches during the high school season. To be eligible, you need to play high school soccer for a high school. If you look closely, nowhere does this say anything about club, nor college.

Really don't understand why this is hard to understand...

Comment

Has the list been published in the newspapers yet?

Comment

Has the list been published in the newspapers yet?
                      MA All State is released and published on the coach's website and yet NH has nothing. NH soccer coach's association must be so busy. <eye roll>

Comment

MA All State is released and published on the coach's website and yet NH has nothing. NH soccer coach's association must be so busy. <eye roll>
                        Move to MA if you want to obsess over them so much.

Meanwhile, I'm laughing at you running out to the paperbox every morning to see your kid's name in print....

Comment

Exhibit A on how All-State has become watered down across multiple sports. There are 5 teams in Division 1 Football East Division. 11 players from each team are on the field. Dover placed 10 players on All-State amongst 5 teams. That's just one team. There are 4 divisions. Probably over 100 players recognized amongst 20 teams. Everyone gets a medal, trophy, ribbon.

I remember several years ago Bedford placing 6 kids on the All-State baseball team. I kept thinking to myself, there are 9 players on a field and one team gets that many on All-State? Are there no good players on any of the other teams.

IMO Basketball still gets it right. D1 Boys last year picked 22 players overall. 6 first team, 6 second team, and 10 HM. Now that means something.

I always thought soccer did a pretty good job. About 18-20 teams per division and you recognized 11 first team, 11 second team, and about 22 HM.

Not so much this year.

Seacoast Online obviously has the lists. They published local boys who made it this year.

Comment

Move to MA if you want to obsess over them so much.

Meanwhile, I'm laughing at you running out to the paperbox every morning to see your kid's name in print....
                            And I'm (different poster) laughing at you laughing at them. Shame on them for being a proud parent. All State is far from perfect and mediocre is often recognized, however good players are too. So if you have a kid on the list then good for you. Don't listen to these Debbie Downers who are just jealous or narcissistic or worse, both.

Comment

And I'm (different poster) laughing at you laughing at them. Shame on them for being a proud parent. All State is far from perfect and mediocre is often recognized, however good players are too. So if you have a kid on the list then good for you. Don't listen to these Debbie Downers who are just jealous or narcissistic or worse, both.

Funny. You call me a narcissistic because someone is a narcissistic and is angry because they haven't seen their kid's name in the paper....

Got it.

Comment

Not going to happen, the “season” ended about a month ago, people have already forgot who won and who lost, there will always be * next to the winners name this year as it was the year not all teams participated. Let’s just be thankful teams got to play and let’s move on and look forward to next year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X