Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Island is a complete clusterf right now

KK Atletico lost a ton of players and some complete teams after sending 7 teams to the state finals in NY Cup. They are considering merging with a bankrupt Sachem club in desperation.

Sachem is on complete life support whether or not this KK deal goes through.

Smithtown has been on a downward slide that seems to be accelerating.

SUSA lost a good third of it's players and is replacing them with the walking dead. Commack has clawed back a bunch of teams.

Lake Grove is just realizing it has about half the players it thought it had.

Surf is in a civil war with one of it's big name acquisitions (DV) and failed to create new homegrown teams again. And it's HS Tournament is failing and the Surf Cup never got off the drawing board.

FC Barcelona has made great progress as a startup but is still short players on a lot of it's teams.

Albertson, East Meadow and Massapequa are being drawn into LISC and FC Fury GDA mess. And now Brentwood decided to get in on the fun now that they have driven away even more in-house teams to other clubs.

Stony Brook left Rush for Surf and now has largely abandoned Surf. In the meantime their numbers continue to shrink and they are losing a quarter of their fields.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    KK Atletico lost a ton of players and some complete teams after sending 7 teams to the state finals in NY Cup. They are considering merging with a bankrupt Sachem club in desperation.

SUSA lost a good third of it's players and is replacing them with the walking dead. Commack has clawed back a bunch of teams.

Surf is in a civil war with one of it's big name acquisitions (DV) and failed to create new homegrown teams again. And it's HS Tournament is failing and the Surf Cup never got off the drawing board.

FC Barcelona has made great progress as a startup but is still short players on a lot of it's teams.

Albertson, East Meadow and Massapequa are being drawn into LISC and FC Fury GDA mess. And now Brentwood decided to get in on the fun now that they have driven away even more in-house teams to other clubs.

Stony Brook left Rush for Surf and now has largely abandoned Surf. In the meantime their numbers continue to shrink and they are losing a quarter of their fields.
    I miss the days of just town teams and 1 state select team for each age group. Is it because society is always looking for bigger and "better"? What they perceive as better? All these so called Academy's juggling for the all mighty dollar has caused all this hysteria on Long Island. Does this really benefit the players or is it just a money grab because they know parents will pay?

Comment

All clubs have lost players bc crazy parents always think the grass is greener. There is only so many players to go around.

This is all goes to the SUSA model of trying to buy everyone! If those fields are ever built, they will used for everything but soccer in less than 10 years.

Comment

I miss the days of just town teams and 1 state select team for each age group. Is it because society is always looking for bigger and "better"? What they perceive as better? All these so called Academy's juggling for the all mighty dollar has caused all this hysteria on Long Island. Does this really benefit the players or is it just a money grab because they know parents will pay?
        Money grab. Case in point; I called a club that my (2009) son wants to play for because a few of his teammates went there, they asked if they can evaluate him this week. I answered, "we are away this week, but he was teammates with xx and xy, and wants to join their team. He is good, and so is my check." Well, how about that. He's now playing on FCB's red team next season, he's happy.

Comment

that never happened.

Comment

Money grab. Case in point; I called a club that my (2009) son wants to play for because a few of his teammates went there, they asked if they can evaluate him this week. I answered, "we are away this week, but he was teammates with xx and xy, and wants to join their team. He is good, and so is my check." Well, how about that. He's now playing on FCB's red team next season, he's happy.
            the coaches cannot be called directly. admin cannot make those kind of decisions.

all the teams are taken seriously and no child would be offered a spot without first being evaluated. that conversation never happened.

Comment

the coaches cannot be called directly. admin cannot make those kind of decisions.

all the teams are taken seriously and no child would be offered a spot without first being evaluated. that conversation never happened.
              If it did, what kind of clueless person who come on to a public forum and post that? I mean talk about putting a bullseye on your child. People are dumb, but no one can be that foolish.

Comment

If it did, what kind of clueless person who come on to a public forum and post that? I mean talk about putting a bullseye on your child. People are dumb, but no one can be that foolish.
                agreed. it is very foolish. there is quite a bit of deceit on these sites..

Comment

It was a piece of fiction, to illustrate a point. So believable that you had to convince yourself, by posting here, that it was fake. That is the point of LI soccer. My little story is almost believable.

I have nothing invested in Barca, too far away from me to consider. Hope they do great, could use a couple clubs with great facilities and training to match. But, if as you say, the coaches are unreachable? W-T-F is up with that?

Comment

It is a cluster fk. I guess LI is bigger and more populous, but we don't have any of the kind of cr*p in westchester AND we have two boys DA academy ... and WC isn't too far.

Why in the world can't LI manage even one? It's the parents i guess ... lower income level? Most of the volunteers in Westchester are professionals and don't let things get out of hand the way they do in LI ... corruption gets caught early.

Comment

It is a cluster fk. I guess LI is bigger and more populous, but we don't have any of the kind of cr*p in westchester AND we have two boys DA academy ... and WC isn't too far.

Why in the world can't LI manage even one? It's the parents i guess ... lower income level? Most of the volunteers in Westchester are professionals and don't let things get out of hand the way they do in LI ... corruption gets caught early.
                      Take it easy Westchester there are a lot of players on the island.

Comment

So why can't you manage to have even one DA? And why are people seemingly always ripping into each other?

Name one, just 1, where some parent from port chester is ripping the kids from harrison or new rochelle. Just isn't done here. Something about LI ...

Comment

Snob.

Comment

Snob.
                            LOL NEW Rochelle ??? That's straight up ghetto hood area. I wouldn't even stop there for gas.

Comment

Different poster from different geography. He's Right though.

Most games that I have been to on the island or played a LI team have been problematic. Either parents or players trying to play tough guy. You see it on BOTN all the time too

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X