Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    US Mens National Team under the supervision of US Soccer DA program has been enormously disappointing.

US Womens National Team under club/high school model has been consistently one of the best teams in the world.

So now that US Soccer DA has done such a horrible job with the mens program they apparently want to ruin the girls side too.
    It stinks but it's not that bad.

Comment

It won't ruin the women's program. It forces kids to miss out on high school but that's it. Players choosing to play DA this.

Comment

What a bunch of baloney. You're DD rode the pine because she wasn't good enough - pure and simple. Now that she's at Thornz Asylum she'll appear to be better given that all the players around her are rec level just like her.

And Tobin doesn't have a clue how to coach soccer. In fact, she's not even that good of a player.
        Tobin is obviously a great player.

I don't see much on the coaching experience though. Certainly not enough to have an assistant technical title. There is more to coaching then just being a great player.

Comment

Tobin is obviously a great player.

I don't see much on the coaching experience though. Certainly not enough to have an assistant technical title. There is more to coaching then just being a great player.
          It's not about getting better. It's about people thinking they are getting better.

Comment

It's not about getting better. It's about people thinking they are getting better.
            That is why the Timbers are holding 45 "Timbers" camp in the Portland area. Brilliant move by the Timbers to leverage their brand.

Comment

US Mens National Team under the supervision of US Soccer DA program has been enormously disappointing.

US Womens National Team under club/high school model has been consistently one of the best teams in the world.

So now that US Soccer DA has done such a horrible job with the mens program they apparently want to ruin the girls side too.
              They've made a huge mess on the boys side. Sucking the joy out of the game. The creativity is gone. That's why the usmnt is the laughing stock of the world.

Hopefully they do as much damage to the girls side.

Comment

Don't go a much damage.

Comment

Don't do as much damage.

Comment

If you make it a job and ramp up the focus by eliminating distractions that could be a positive.

Comment

If you make it a job and ramp up the focus by eliminating distractions that could be a positive.
                      Being a pro athlete is a job. Playing in college for admission & aid is a job. If a player wants to make it to play in college & beyond, they better be prepared to put in the work & sacrifices. Too many other girls are willing to make those sacrifices to become elite soccer players. Fine to not do it but then be prepared to be left behind by the group that does. Neither choice is right or wrong but all choices have consequences.

Comment

What a mess. Why do they think this is a good idea?

Comment

Really? We have more U20 talent playing in Europe than we ever have. Not sure we will see them in Russia, but I'm excited about the future.

Comment

Really? We have more U20 talent playing in Europe than we ever have. Not sure we will see them in Russia, but I'm excited about the future.
                            The men's team is incredibly dull to watch. No creativity. No joy for the game. They look like robots.

Comment

The men's team is incredibly dull to watch. No creativity. No joy for the game. They look like robots.
                              I would agree with this prior to coaching change. Since change they are fun to watch IMHO.

Comment

I would agree with this prior to coaching change. Since change they are fun to watch IMHO.
                                You can't be serious. I see dull play and no creativity. I don't see anyone who looks like they enjoy playing.

I've seen interviews with a lot of usmnt players and they universally seem like petulant children that are being punished for a crime. Scowls, staring at the floor, and eye rolls are common.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X