• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pdp

Hope everyone had fun today.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What a difference between Florida ODP and PDP. The staff put on a clinic with the Kids. Made them work for their fun. Great to see such talent on the field. All working together as a team. Sorry to go back to are club team it looks like REC now. Would like to see the state teams formed and play other states.

Comment

What a difference between Florida ODP and PDP. The staff put on a clinic with the Kids. Made them work for their fun. Great to see such talent on the field. All working together as a team. Sorry to go back to are club team it looks like REC now. Would like to see the state teams formed and play other states.
      Very well run event. The kids had similar skill levels and it was fun for them as they didnt get fustrated playing with and against unskilled kids.

Comment

An amazing number of girls at this event. Very light on the boys but all were skilled and played a nice game of soccer. No one dribbling from the back all the way to goal. Very good event.

Comment

On the girls side I was not happy with the scrimmages. Coaches were not tuned in and some girls played the whole time and others only 10 minutes. Coaches were sitting on bench not even watching. I agree the talent level was pretty good and even, but the player management was weak. And no, my daughter was not one who sat. Also, I do not attribute it to lack of skill or effort, more a lack of management from the training staff. Maybe they were getting tired too, it is a long day working with lots of kids.

Comment

Raise the Discourse!

On the girls side I was not happy with the scrimmages. Coaches were not tuned in and some girls played the whole time and others only 10 minutes. Coaches were sitting on bench not even watching. I agree the talent level was pretty good and even, but the player management was weak. And no, my daughter was not one who sat. Also, I do not attribute it to lack of skill or effort, more a lack of management from the training staff. Maybe they were getting tired too, it is a long day working with lots of kids.
            Have to agree. My daughter played the whole time and was spent by the end. I only saw 1 set of subs in the 99/00 game.

On the plus side it was great to see some actual instruction going on from the coaches. Far cry from ODP.

Comment

Have to agree. My daughter played the whole time and was spent by the end. I only saw 1 set of subs in the 99/00 game.

On the plus side it was great to see some actual instruction going on from the coaches. Far cry from ODP.
              Your comparing apple to oranges with odp and pdp. Both have different traits, one being pdp is exactly that PLAYER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM ie developing skills, not to advance in stages but to "Player develop" this is a good thing. ODP on the other hand is completely different in the aspect of advancement to state pools and possibly state teams and hopefully a region team and of course the holy grail of a national camp. Try and remember ODP is purely try out based anyone can try out, PDP on the other hand is you are recommended by YOUR club doc. I am not bashing either because they both have qualities beneficial to the player. The best part about PDP is the price (zero) The best about ODP is having to make your way through. I believe the training is about the same.

Comment

I think they were tuned in. Do you really have to stand to do your job? They had paper work to look at for player numbers and names. Getting opinion from each other ect. They can do their jobs from the bench. They know what they want and they can can do it from anywhere on the field, standing or sitting. Even some can look two field across and discover players. They are that good. Good job to all the staff.

Comment

Your comparing apple to oranges with odp and pdp. Both have different traits, one being pdp is exactly that PLAYER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM ie developing skills, not to advance in stages but to "Player develop" this is a good thing. ODP on the other hand is completely different in the aspect of advancement to state pools and possibly state teams and hopefully a region team and of course the holy grail of a national camp. Try and remember ODP is purely try out based anyone can try out, PDP on the other hand is you are recommended by YOUR club doc. I am not bashing either because they both have qualities beneficial to the player. The best part about PDP is the price (zero) The best about ODP is having to make your way through. I believe the training is about the same.
                  I think you're correct about ODP in terms of the Trials sessions, but once selected to the state pool there are "training" dates, where the state teams are "trained" in preparation for Region Camp. I think the ODP Training dates and PDP sessions are very similar in terms of coaching input and level of play. At least in the three years that my daughter has been involved in both.

Comment

I think they were tuned in. Do you really have to stand to do your job? They had paper work to look at for player numbers and names. Getting opinion from each other ect. They can do their jobs from the bench. They know what they want and they can can do it from anywhere on the field, standing or sitting. Even some can look two field across and discover players. They are that good. Good job to all the staff.
                    Good efficiency of having others check players in and assign numbered pinnies before the start. The players are there for short sessions and happy to see the staff made the most of the players time. The training drills were exceptional. Only suggestion would be to get the team waiting on the bench during the scrimmages up and active with a drill and to keep their muscles warmed up. Twenty minutes on the bench is too long. Keep track of who subs in for another team so those players don't get 100% field time. Like that it is held on one day as opposed to ODP held on two days.

Comment

PDP is designed for just a one day "player development" outing, like the above poster said players are suggested by their DOC.

ODP is designed with trials for advancement.

They both have goods and bads, but comparing the 2 are not fare to eachother.

Comment

Yes DOC get the call from US Club and relays that info to player!!! But you missed the scouting recommendation from other staff in club games from other clubs. Other staff look at players from other clubs and recommend that player to US Club. Its called scouting!!! No need for try-outs. They get a true picture in real game play.

Comment

A lot of players there from FKK and JFC on the boys side. Not too many from OC.

Comment

A lot of players there from FKK and JFC on the boys side. Not too many from OC.
                            And JFC and OC on the girls, not so many from FKK. Did see HM there which surprised me. I didn't think he would show at Seminole.

Comment

And JFC and OC on the girls, not so many from FKK. Did see HM there which surprised me. I didn't think he would show at Seminole.
                              Hue is in charge for Florida and Georgia.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X