FAU stadium half full for USA Soccer match

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have to be told with advertising on a daily basis your not a "real" fan. Real fans know when their National team is playing and where and how much. We drove 2 hours and loved the venue. It was a beautiful stadium with what looked like an unbelievable playing surface. Everything was immaculate and really clean,probably why the Miami faithful were not there. Sunlife stadium wont even do renovations to get a billion dollar Superbowl to town, so of course the Miami faithful fill up that $#!*hole that's what they are used to. I think the final number was around 15k not horrible considering what day of the week and the end of the quarter for most students. Remember we are in the middle of college and pro football season. If U.S. Soccer were to have this event in Feb. or middle of summer they would have filled the stadium.

Comment

Agree the day of the week was not great for USA crowds The venue was great game was great !

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        If you have to be told with advertising on a daily basis your not a "real" fan. Real fans know when their National team is playing and where and how much. We drove 2 hours and loved the venue. It was a beautiful stadium with what looked like an unbelievable playing surface. Everything was immaculate and really clean,probably why the Miami faithful were not there. Sunlife stadium wont even do renovations to get a billion dollar Superbowl to town, so of course the Miami faithful fill up that $#!*hole that's what they are used to. I think the final number was around 15k not horrible considering what day of the week and the end of the quarter for most students. Remember we are in the middle of college and pro football season. If U.S. Soccer were to have this event in Feb. or middle of summer they would have filled the stadium.
        Looks like the "real fans" didnt show up either.

Comment

The traffic SUCKED - 45 minutes to get off I95 at Glades Rd. Tickets were expensive. Announced crowd was 14k or about 1/2 full but it sure did not look like that.

I think this is a very clear example to demonstrate how SoFL will not support an MLS team consistently and long-term.

Comment

The traffic SUCKED - 45 minutes to get off I95 at Glades Rd. Tickets were expensive. Announced crowd was 14k or about 1/2 full but it sure did not look like that.

I think this is a very clear example to demonstrate how SoFL will not support an MLS team consistently and long-term.
            South Florida doesn't support any of its sports teams. The Dolphins can't ever fill a game completely full. You have a 40,000 seat baseball stadium and average maybe 10,000 fans a game each year in an hispanic market. The Panthers just just a franchise record low this past week with only 7,000 fans at a game. Now that Lebron James is gone, I expect the same drop off for the basketball team. MLS team already failed once, will fail again.

Comment

South Florida doesn't support any of its sports teams. The Dolphins can't ever fill a game completely full. You have a 40,000 seat baseball stadium and average maybe 10,000 fans a game each year in an hispanic market. The Panthers just just a franchise record low this past week with only 7,000 fans at a game. Now that Lebron James is gone, I expect the same drop off for the basketball team. MLS team already failed once, will fail again.
              Illegals don't make a lot of money and save what little they earn to support any of the 3rd world countries of their origin who play AGAINST the U.S. All of you act surprised that s.florida immigrants aren't coming out to support the US teams. Where have you been? No one down there cares about the US or it's teams.

Comment

Looks like the "real fans" didnt show up either.
                my kid was there and he's definitely a "real fan." he said crowd was great, 15k, atmosphere was fantastic. the bummer was ending in a tie. no traffic problems as he walked from his dorm with a crowd. what a silly way for college kids to spend the evening, don't they know they are suppose to be out drinking, doing drugs and having sex?

Comment

my kid was there and he's definitely a "real fan." he said crowd was great, 15k, atmosphere was fantastic. the bummer was ending in a tie. no traffic problems as he walked from his dorm with a crowd. what a silly way for college kids to spend the evening, don't they know they are suppose to be out drinking, doing drugs and having sex?
                  that was after the game dad.

Comment

Illegals don't make a lot of money and save what little they earn to support any of the 3rd world countries of their origin who play AGAINST the U.S. All of you act surprised that s.florida immigrants aren't coming out to support the US teams. Where have you been? No one down there cares about the US or it's teams.
                    Well actually the reason why a lot of catrachos ( people from Honduras) did not go see the game was because their national team was crap , lost big at the uncaf cup only beating Belize also the middle of the week and the price of tickets $$ way too expensive . I don't know what the legal status have to do with it but hey man is a free country.

Comment

I had a great time there and thought that 14K was OK considering it was a weeknight. They do need to work out traffic, but new exit on I-95 will be a big help.

I don't think the game was promoted at all well. I knew about it through my membership in American Outlaws.

I was really surprised they didn't have a program to buy. It would have made a good souvenier.

Comment

Its very SAD when more fans are at a USL pro soccer game in Orlando, FL. than at a US National team game! Come on Boca!!! and Miami--support the sport you love
                        Please, the fans in Orlando wouldn't even drive to Disney to watch this year. The seating was only 5000 this year, and they were only getting around 4000, and this is a team that everyone knows is going into MLS next year.

Comment

Boycott FAU

It is said that FAU has professors that have been involved with the killing of Christians and others. If they want the terrorist money to have these professors then they should lose us.
                          Check it out to see if it is true for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR2ob0ewHq4

Comment

It is said that FAU has professors that have been involved with the killing of Christians and others. If they want the terrorist money to have these professors then they should lose us.
                            Check it out to see if it is true for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR2ob0ewHq4
                            Yeah but can they play soccer?

Comment

If israel is destoryed then christianity is destoryed for Jesus could then not return. The idea is more then killing off jews. To get an islamic world the reason for Chistianity has to be killed. To take the belief awaay and leave the void to be filled with islam.

Comment

If you like ketch yip then look to Iceland if you like kind cup then look to Guam !

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X