Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tournament advertises that 180 college coaches would be attending. On Saturday, zero coaches showed up to watch my daughter's U17 team play. On Sunday afternoon, two coaches showed up. On Monday morning, just three coaches showed up. If the coaches are not watching U17 girls play, who are they watching?

Thanks OCYS gold, all the players filled with false promise from JA!!!

Comment

The NCAA recruiting spreadsheet linked to earlier may not be complete and accurate but it really helps you get an idea of who is committing where and what the timeframes are for some of these schools.

In fact a girl on my daughter's team was being recruited by a school but the engagement level began to drop. The school kept saying they were interested and the family seemed to be ok with that especially since a few months prior to that she was told she was their top prospect. Since I knew this kid was putting all her eggs into this one basket I sent this spreadsheet to her parents. It was an eye opener. The school had already verbally committed 6 in her recruiting year of which 2 seemed to be in her position. Seeing this they went back to the school and asked them for an answer and the school admitted that she wasn't being considered for a scholarship but they would consider her for a possible walk-on. Of course this was information they needed to know, and they began looking elsewhere.

So this spreadsheet helped them see that the school was stringing them along. They never should have put all their eggs in one basket, but at least this spreadsheet helped to make that clear.

Comment

Nobody should look at just one school, even if you take the athletic piece out of it. But it is down right crazy to trust that a school is a sure thing until you get that offer, and even then they have been known to change their minds.

Comment

Raise the Discourse!

Interesting counter-argument to the OP.

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/youth...ge-recruiting/

WAGS Tournament concludes dynamic weekend of competition, high-level college recruiting

Comment

Interesting counter-argument to the OP.

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/youth...ge-recruiting/

WAGS Tournament concludes dynamic weekend of competition, high-level college recruiting
            I think OP realized that it was their own failure to be proactive on page 1 and chose to quietly slink away instead of owning up to it.

Comment

I think OP realized that it was their own failure to be proactive on page 1 and chose to quietly slink away instead of owning up to it.
              I think the OP is a parent who expected more than she saw and is learning her way through this process just like the rest of us are/have/will.

Comment

I think the OP is a parent who expected more than she saw and is learning her way through this process just like the rest of us are/have/will.
                OP, it's OK if you don't have all of the answers, but you said some pretty harsh stuff about the tournament that you really should take back. At least for other parents who might be misled into thinking it's bad to take their kids there.

Comment

Raise the Discourse!

Here! Here!

Thanks for the reasoned response.

Comment

OP, it's OK if you don't have all of the answers, but you said some pretty harsh stuff about the tournament that you really should take back. At least for other parents who might be misled into thinking it's bad to take their kids there.
                    I am not the OP. So if you have an issue with them why don't you address them directly.

I stand by my original post!

Comment

I am not the OP.

I stand by my original post!
                      I don't think you know how to work the Internets.

Comment

I don't think you know how to work the Internets.
                        Is there really more than one internet? LOL! Wow, the knowledge you pick up on TS!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X