X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    To answer the original OP, would anything change your post if the coach:

1) Hardly ever teaches tactics to the kids yet feels he can scream at every kid when the team doesn't play well despite having good players

2) Doesn't work on hardly anything during the week or gives the team a playing philosophy

3) Picks on certain kids more than others to the point of shattering their confidence or makes them play nervous

4) Cannot make up his mind about playing time or subs and destroys the team in mid competition

5) Refuses to listen to parents or discuss his wrong decisions even when it has clearly hurt the team

6) Has no creativity in his weekly training or runs the same practice week after week

7) Picks the wrong tournaments to play in or doesn't give the kids proper competition to grow

8) Cannot control himself or conducts himself like a professional from the sidelines

I could go on !

So the OP thinks he can dictate the rules when there are coaches out there that are not doing their jobs ?

OK, let's all just pay and shut our mouths while there are coaches out there like I described roaming the countryside....
    Obviously this is not a good situation. Go to the D.O.C or change clubs. The problem I see is when things are fine and parents still find a reason to bitch and complain. It's clear that the money involved has changed what parents feel they are entitled to right or wrong.

Comment

Coaches who refused to collaborate with parents are known to have quit or lost their edge over years. I know a few coaches, they exist who are excellent in what they are doing, good motivators and people personalities. They are also highly successful in their off-the field life.
      There can be parents who can have all sort of fit and yelling problems. Assumption here is: THE COACH is trained and educated to deal with that. If he is not, does he/she belong there to be incharge of a team of KIDS?
      You are correct in that the coach should educate the parents in regard to expectations. However despite coach's that do there are still way too many parents that just don't get it.

Comment

Money, time, and effort should entitle your child to good training. That's it. It does not entitle your child to playing time. It does not entitle parents to coach from the side and yell at the referee's. It does noes not entitle parents to create a negative enviroment on the sideline. Which spreads to the kids. This is sports not Walmart or a restaurant where everyone is treated equal when you buy something. My guess is that 99% of these post are coming from parents who have never coached or taught their entire lives yet feel they know more than the coach/teachers. Welcome to the new generation of entitlement.
        My guess is that this post is coming from someone GUESSING too much without evidence and then ASSUMING they are doing a perfect job of JUDGING and in running a PERFECT CLUB. Are you really?

Comment

You are correct in that the coach should educate the parents in regard to expectations. However despite coach's that do there are still way too many parents that just don't get it.
          No. don't be foolish and attempt to educate adult parents. Learn to live with what you cannot change and deal with it, it is part of the package. But do not kill a snake because you are scared of it and assuming it can hurt your child. Snake has its existence. But teach that child how to co-exist.

Comment

No. don't be foolish and attempt to educate adult parents. Learn to live with what you cannot change and deal with it, it is part of the package. But do not kill a snake because you are scared of it and assuming it can hurt your child. Snake has its existence. But teach that child how to co-exist.
            I hear what you are saying just don't agree. I say you kill the snake otherwise they multiply.

Comment

I would like to show my snake to all the Dads.... Dilfs

Comment

I hear what you are saying just don't agree. I say you kill the snake otherwise they multiply.
                More snakes is good for snake-oil trade.

Actually, it is practical for one coach to get educated once than pretending to educate 32 other team parents every season.

Comment

1. First of all I want parents to be realistic about their kid's talents. You kid is most definitely not going pro and most likely will not play in college; He or she are not good enough. No amount of coaching can compensate for a lack of talent.

2, Stop coaching from the side lines!!! I tell my players what formations to play and our strategy and then you give your kid conflicting information. Cheer your kids on.

3. Stop screaming at every off side, foul, PK that does not go your way.

4. PAY YOUR TRAVEL FEES, TOURNAMENT FEES, CLUB FEES WHAT EVER ON TIME. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF DELIQUENT PARENTS THAT THEY CAN PLAY WHEN EVER THEY WANT WHEN THEY WANT. TORUNAMENTS WANT THEIR MONEY NOW. WE CAN NOT PAY HALF NOW AND HALF LATER.

5. If you do not like me as a coach or our team...THEN PLEASE LEAVE!!!!! STOP BEING A CANCER ON THE TEAM. WE WILL BE JUST FINE WITH OUT YOUR KID
                  If you want parents to be realistic about their child talent then clubs should be realistic about who they put on their elite level teams. Stop taking on players because the parents are willing to pay. Make elite truly elite and stop dangling the carrot hoping to get more funds into your club!

Comment

I have coached for years and I can tell you that you can tell as early as age 7 who really has talent. Kids that were great at 7,8,9,10 years old stay great at 17,18,19 years old. I have never seen a mediocre kid at age 8 become a star talent at age 18

What a load of crap! Soccer is a late entry sport....that mediocre 8 year old could have talent, but never gets the chance because of coaches like you and team politics. Why don't you try training ALL the kids, not just the ones YOU think have talent, and see who the player is at 16.[/QUOTE]

It is not a load of crap< I have coached for 2o years at different levels and what I am saying is that you can tell as early as 8 years old who is going to be a star player. Yes players can get better but I have never seen one go from one class to another class. I can tell you that the star player at 6v6 remained stars at 8v 8 and then 11v11. The average players almost always stay average and the mediocre players stay mediocre. You can only do so much with the talent that you have. No amount of training can compensate your lack of God given talent.

Look at it this way there are always kids that are super fast, God given talent and they remain fast all their lives. Sure if you are average you can increase your speed with some training which makes you better but I doubt that you will ever be considered fast no matter how much you train

Comment

Point is I am coaching and it is fun and your kids are having fun. You have the unrealistic expectations that your kid is going to D-1 or even pro. If you think you can assist then please by all means volunteer to be my assistant but be carefull because when I play your kid the other parents will accuse you of being a Daddy coach and the only reason your kid is playing is because you are helping me

Do you really think I am getting rich coaching? Really, I coach three nights per week and give up many holidays for holiday tournaments. I drive kids and I pay out of pocket for less fortunate kids. Mot coaches do this. I have to look at 14 year old in the eye and tell him he is not playing because it is tournament and he has not been playing well and we have to win or parents like you will flip out because we lost. Then the parents of that kid will call me up and bitch me out for not paying there star who missed two of three practices last week.

BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS WOULD YOU DO YOUR JOB RIGHT NOW FOR FREE? if not be quite
                      Bottom line, you chose to coach!

Comment

If you want parents to be realistic about their child talent then clubs should be realistic about who they put on their elite level teams. Stop taking on players because the parents are willing to pay. Make elite truly elite and stop dangling the carrot hoping to get more funds into your club!
                        All you parents want to be on Elite teams and to have your kids elite but none of you have the stomach for it. If you really want to get your kids better and be competitive then clubs should have one team of 30 kids and you get moved up and down based on your recent playing, attitude, practice, and a host of other factors. That's the way it is done in Europe. You are part one age group. You can be on the A team one week and demoted to the B team. Or you can play your butt of on the B team and move up as reward. This is true competition and an environment that breeds perfection. You get better or you pack your bags. No one said you can not play soccer just not on the A team today. But none of you would be able to stomach your kid moving down. You are all biased. You want your kid with an attitude on a team of 14 and expect him to improve

Comment

Bottom line, you chose to coach!
                          At least say thank you and be on your way

Comment

Yelling or no-yelling does not matter. Throwing a banana from the audience to the players does not matter. As long as the Coach has what it takes to train the players to overcome these un-avoidable, un-controllable real life realities. Good-training results in good player development-player self-confidence and mental toughness. Good coaching decisions result in good player performance. Good player performance promotes good parent behaviour. Good parent behaviour gets more demand for that coach and command better respect. It is all relative.
                            Most coaches who avoid parents also lack self-confidence and inferior complex issue. Most likely they will keep telling parents to Leave the team if you are not happy, but will not return their fees.
                            amen!

Comment

She needs to have a nice @ss!

Comment

What a load of crap! Soccer is a late entry sport....that mediocre 8 year old could have talent, but never gets the chance because of coaches like you and team politics. Why don't you try training ALL the kids, not just the ones YOU think have talent, and see who the player is at 16.
                                It is not a load of crap< I have coached for 2o years at different levels and what I am saying is that you can tell as early as 8 years old who is going to be a star player. Yes players can get better but I have never seen one go from one class to another class. I can tell you that the star player at 6v6 remained stars at 8v 8 and then 11v11. The average players almost always stay average and the mediocre players stay mediocre. You can only do so much with the talent that you have. No amount of training can compensate your lack of God given talent.

Look at it this way there are always kids that are super fast, God given talent and they remain fast all their lives. Sure if you are average you can increase your speed with some training which makes you better but I doubt that you will ever be considered fast no matter how much you train[/QUOTE]

Thank you for coming out atleat honest. After your 20 years of soccer coaching you still associate speed and fast and that is what you look for in players. It is a shame you are coaching soccer and that is what the problem is.

At least go do yourself a favor and read the biography of David Beckham for a start.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X