So what should coaches look for in parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intelligence will never be measured sometimes it is mistaken for talent. Most of the intelligence breeds issues in players over processing the game. Look intelligence will only get you so far you have to have skill also.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Intelligence will never be measured sometimes it is mistaken for talent. Most of the intelligence breeds issues in players over processing the game. Look intelligence will only get you so far you have to have skill also.
      And skill is a combination of nature and nurture. Did early cave people posses the nature to play soccer or paint masterpieces? They had to be exposed to and have the tools in their environment as well. Soccer players needed exposure to a round ball and free time to use their feet at an early age kicking a ball. Cave stick people drawings were probably not a sign of small brains but rather lack of exposure to art and the necessary time and mediums.

Comment

1. First of all I want parents to be realistic about their kid's talents. You kid is most definitely not going pro and most likely will not play in college; He or she are not good enough. No amount of coaching can compensate for a lack of talent.

2, Stop coaching from the side lines!!! I tell my players what formations to play and our strategy and then you give your kid conflicting information. Cheer your kids on.

3. Stop screaming at every off side, foul, PK that does not go your way.

4. PAY YOUR TRAVEL FEES, TOURNAMENT FEES, CLUB FEES WHAT EVER ON TIME. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF DELIQUENT PARENTS THAT THEY CAN PLAY WHEN EVER THEY WANT WHEN THEY WANT. TORUNAMENTS WANT THEIR MONEY NOW. WE CAN NOT PAY HALF NOW AND HALF LATER.

5. If you do not like me as a coach or our team...THEN PLEASE LEAVE!!!!! STOP BEING A CANCER ON THE TEAM. WE WILL BE JUST FINE WITH OUT YOUR KID
        6. When your kid kicks the ball really far up the field to nobody, just yell GOOD KICK. That will make them think my style of kickball is good and that I really do know what I'm doing.

7. When the other team take the ball away, yell UNLUCKY. That will make your kid think they just got unlucky and not believe I haven't taught them any foot skills of any sort that would make them turn the ball over so easy.

8. When you hear me screaming like a maniac on the side at your child, I wish to be talked to in the same manner. Please scream and insult me as you like. After all, we are all adults and I prefer to be talked down to like the moron you think I am.

Comment

6. When your kid kicks the ball really far up the field to nobody, just yell GOOD KICK. That will make them think my style of kickball is good and that I really do know what I'm doing.

7. When the other team take the ball away, yell UNLUCKY. That will make your kid think they just got unlucky and not believe I haven't taught them any foot skills of any sort that would make them turn the ball over so easy.

8. When you hear me screaming like a maniac on the side at your child, I wish to be talked to in the same manner. Please scream and insult me as you like. After all, we are all adults and I prefer to be talked down to like the moron you think I am.
          Funny but remind me again of why you chose these children with gods gift of a first touch?

Comment

On our team at tryouts the coach has overlooked players with the gift of first touch for players with higher physicality but not good control of the ball. Our team would have better possession if more players had a gifted first touch for receiving and making accurate passes. The players he overlooked were very accurate strikers too.

Comment

On our team at tryouts the coach has overlooked players with the gift of first touch for players with higher physicality but not good control of the ball. Our team would have better possession if more players had a gifted first touch for receiving and making accurate passes. The players he overlooked were very accurate strikers too.
              Great, so they will knock a player off the ball only to lose it at their feet 2 seconds later. Usually the ball is gone from them before their parents yells - Nice one Billy!

P.S. Dear coach, had you been qualified to instruct your players on foot skills you wouldn't be screaming "release" whenever they get within 10 feet of the other team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X