Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard Kike from Kendall academy, former Miramar United, committed to UCLA. If that's the case he should be the biggest signing from FL.
    There is one senior committed to UNC and also a junior. Those are comparable commitments to UCLA.

Four seniors are already set with D1 colleges and another 6-8 could also go D1. And there's a bunch of juniors on the team.

Comment

As the father of a son who played his first year of college at a DII school out of state I pop in here to see what if anything from our experience I can share.

One thing I want you to think about is there are no 4 year scholarships. My son's coach told 11 players from my son's team not to come back due to grades, play or a combination of both.

College soccer is not easy. There is a lot of dedication and kids give up a lot. Check the rosters four years ago and look for all the freshman and then see how many were on the team a full 4 years. You will be surprised.
      Thank you for adding some valuable input at a time and place where it is needed most! I'm sure, respectfully, that what has transpired is not exactly what you and your son expected?

Comment

Thank you for adding some valuable input at a time and place where it is needed most! I'm sure, respectfully, that what has transpired is not exactly what you and your son expected?
        Actually we really did our research early on so we knew all about college soccer the reality and myths.

Comment

Actually we really did our research early on so we knew all about college soccer the reality and myths.

A few of our friends had kids in college for soccer, and it didn't pan out after the first year. One is still in college although not playing soccer anymore, and the other dropped out of soccer and school.

Maybe a lot of clubs and peer pressure to play soccer in college without players realizing the reality of how demanding, difficult, and no longer the star?

Comment

I heard Kike from Kendall academy, former Miramar United, committed to UCLA. If that's the case he should be the biggest signing from FL.
            That kid played for Toros for many years then West Pines, don't think Miramar. His signing with UCLA is great but I believe very little money is involved. Like most kids who play soccer in college there's very little money given. I agree most folks don't realize the time commitment.

Comment

As the father of a son who played his first year of college at a DII school out of state I pop in here to see what if anything from our experience I can share.

One thing I want you to think about is there are no 4 year scholarships. My son's coach told 11 players from my son's team not to come back due to grades, play or a combination of both.

College soccer is not easy. There is a lot of dedication and kids give up a lot. Check the rosters four years ago and look for all the freshman and then see how many were on the team a full 4 years. You will be surprised.
              This comment is spot on. Get an education.

Comment

A few of our friends had kids in college for soccer, and it didn't pan out after the first year. One is still in college although not playing soccer anymore, and the other dropped out of soccer and school.

Maybe a lot of clubs and peer pressure to play soccer in college without players realizing the reality of how demanding, difficult, and no longer the star?
                I don't know about the clubs and peer pressure to play, at least that wasn't the turning point for us, but your other points hit on and it is so often the case; it is very different than high school and I'm not talking about playing HS soccer, just that last senior year when everything seems like the world is rosy... college is so different for them and if your kid is 8-10 hrs away at college, it is even more difficult for them... at least in our situation it was and the kid came back home.

Comment

That kid played for Toros for many years then West Pines, don't think Miramar. His signing with UCLA is great but I believe very little money is involved. Like most kids who play soccer in college there's very little money given. I agree most folks don't realize the time commitment.
                  Regardless of whether there is money involved or not, you can't just walk on to a team like UCLA or UNC. You have to be recruited for your ability regardless.

The top blue chip players will get 80-100% based on a combination of athletic and academic scholarships and financial aid. If you don't qualify for financial aid or academic money you're package will be a lot smaller unless you are a true rock star.

Comment

Didn't boca united beat space coast in Reginals eliminating them from the road to nationals So that blows your theory of them being number 1
                    That was the Boca Team of 2013 before they lost all the players to the Academy or college. Space coast lost 1 player. Boca team lost more than 5 players and they were the best players on team. JA, SE, BF,.... all gone from Boca.

Comment

Yes he played for Miramar. Even played Region III with them. I'm pretty sure it was that coach that linked him with UCLA. That kid is going places.

Comment

That was the Boca Team of 2013 before they lost all the players to the Academy or college. Space coast lost 1 player. Boca team lost more than 5 players and they were the best players on team. JA, SE, BF,.... all gone from Boca.
                        Just going by what original post said that there num 1 until they get beat and they did that's all I'm saying

Comment

Yes he played for Miramar. Even played Region III with them. I'm pretty sure it was that coach that linked him with UCLA. That kid is going places.
                          The kid went to the UCLA camp and they had seen him play a couple of years ago. Miramar coach had nothing to do with it. He had another major D1 program offer that came through the Kendall connection.

Comment

Just going by what original post said that there num 1 until they get beat and they did that's all I'm saying
                            That's right he also said beat at a tournament that means something with all the your players like Disney or State Cup

Comment

That's right he also said beat at a tournament that means something with all the your players like Disney or State Cup
                              That was a tournament they both went to Reginals after state cup representing fl and they lost to boca that was much more the next level playing teams ranked 1st to 10 in nation I think that means something

Comment

How's CASL going for this age group??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X