•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now who’s the best league yaaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You keep mentioning this pathway. Pathway to what? Looking back a few posts, I think you're referring just one of many National Tournaments each year, namely USYS, correct? If so, hate to break it to you, but it's not the goal of every club to travel to the USYS National tournament every year. Many clubs might do the regional tournament, but decide not to waste the money traveling across the country to the National tournament, especially when it's really just one of many and lots of the regional winners don't actually go. In other words, the crowned champions are hardly the best teams in the country (leagues like DA can't even play in this). How does EDP offer a better pathway?
      Pathway to USYS Regionals, to USYS Nationals and USYS National League (NCFC, Disney, Desert). All good competitions. I see the point that the Nationals event in TX may not be desirable for everyone to travel to but a strong pathway exists even if some choose not to follow certain parts of it. 2019 NPL Finals taking place in CO may deter some from NE but nonetheless the pathway is still offered.

Crowned champions at either USYS or NPL events don't represent the best in the country but I'd argue the depth is greater at USYS. I've been to both and have my own opinion.

Until the likes of NEP actually allow a club/team to try both products and see for themselves, I guess many in NE won't actually know.

Comment

Right, the only clubs that will be leaving NEP will be the smaller, weaker clubs who have the majority of their teams in the lower divisions. Almost all of the teams playing in the highest divisions have a say in the league. They are not going to want to move to EDP and give up that power. The NEP will remain the stronger league and smaller clubs that want to attract players by saying they are in the better league will most likely stay.
        NEP is 4th or 5 th tier at best. Nothing to write home about.

Comment

A thread announcing a bunch of NSL teams leaving for EDP and not a single team from NEP on the list. So why are there 20 posts talking about NEP teams???

Comment

A thread announcing a bunch of NSL teams leaving for EDP and not a single team from NEP on the list. So why are there 20 posts talking about NEP teams???
            Because we all know EDP is coming to compete with NEP not the NSL. the list has less than a handful of NSL teams.

Comment

It's just one person, most likely involved in EDP, trying to win NEP parents over so they'll start asking their DOC questions, hoping parental pressure will end up moving people to EDP. Won't have much of an effect, as parents really only care about two things for a league, is it convenient for them, does it have enough quality teams to challenge their kid's team. For all but a very few teams, the answer to these questions yes ( or at least wouldn't be any better if they moved to EDP). Parents don't care about a better "path" to another largely meaningless tournament and would be just as happy to be playing NPL Nationals as they would be USYS Nationals, and the EDP promo/tell system doesn't make sense with players moving all over. Move the two best players off of most teams at the end of the season, and the team will have a very different look. Coaches can, and do, correct for this in NEP, but can't in EDP. A whole season has to be wasted before they are placed correctly (if they add back those players the following season, another season is wasted before they can be placed back up!). I don't see a mass Exodus from NEP due to pressure from parents anytime soon.

Comment

They're going after those 15 or so club who get no say in NEP. Clubs running the NEP will be it's downfall.

Comment

Why would an NEP club play EDP?

A new badge, new ownership group that is the same as NEPs?
                  Not controlled by the money machines! Can forget being threatened if you don’t enter a certain amount of teams into the money machines tournaments. 12 months - Fall 2020. NEP will be the new NSL

Comment

They're going after those 15 or so club who get no say in NEP. Clubs running the NEP will be it's downfall.
                    The NEP elected a new BOD earlier this year. There’s lots of positive change going on and the founders of the league no longer dictate policy.

Comment

The NEP elected a new BOD earlier this year. There’s lots of positive change going on and the founders of the league no longer dictate policy.
                      Anyone who believes that the new guys on the board will have a say are delusional. The same people that were making all the decisions before are still on the board and will continue to dictate policy. AS, PT etc aren’t deciding anything. This new BOD was put in place to make everyone think there will be change while they continue to operate as usual. Looks like it’s worked on you.

Comment

Not controlled by the money machines! Can forget being threatened if you don’t enter a certain amount of teams into the money machines tournaments. 12 months - Fall 2020. NEP will be the new NSL
                        More likely EDP will be the new NSL.

Comment

More likely EDP will be the new NSL.
                          NEP already is the new NSL.

Comment

Okay, point taken but I think you may be missing mine. NEP is essentially a locked league. Only so many clubs can access and the random club doing a great job in NSL or State League cannot have access to NEP. It's not that NEP can't have above a certain number of teams rather it won't allow for above a certain number of clubs. That caters to the likes of GPS, NEFC etc because in order for the random club to have access to the platform, they have to become an affiliate of an existing club.

When actually in NEP the same thing happens with NPL. Even if you're winning the top division consistently you don't get to move up to NPL so guess what? If you want to play in NPL, NEP has a solution for you. You can become an affiliate of one of the NPL clubs.

Regardless of coaches doing the right thing in terms of placement, you are never going to limit politics in a league setup like NEP. Those politics mean that even with the best of intentions, coaches cannot possibly place all teams in the best division for those particular players.
                            This was definitely the case a few years back but the NEP allowed a lot of new clubs in recently without them becoming affiliates e.g. BEST, FCUSA, Abbey Villa, Spirit of Liverpool, Valeo. This was the move that essentially killed NSL.

The NPL point is not entirely accurate either. On the Boys side they have a merit based league with teams moving up and down and on the girls they have the NPL B which plays off against the NPL A. The only closed shop is the NPL A on the girls side.

Comment

I applaud the effort, but let's add 2 plus 2 together and see if we get to 4.

"the formation of the EDP New England States League" sounds like you guys are setting up "EDP New England" as described here - https://www.edpsoccer.com/usyouthsoccer, however that league is limited to Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine and Rhode Island.

The current press release says "The following clubs, representing Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont, will join clubs from Connecticut and New York"

We also know that the teams listed are only committing on a team by team basis as mentioned in one of your quotes: "We also love the team vs team format that will allow us to do what’s best for each team"

So, here's my "4":

This is not an EDP New England league, this is certain teams from certain clubs joining EDP North Atlantic.

Like I said I applaud the effort, but really hate the spin and the disingenuousness.

Comment

I applaud the effort, but let's add 2 plus 2 together and see if we get to 4.

"the formation of the EDP New England States League" sounds like you guys are setting up "EDP New England" as described here - https://www.edpsoccer.com/usyouthsoccer, however that league is limited to Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine and Rhode Island.

The current press release says "The following clubs, representing Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont, will join clubs from Connecticut and New York"

We also know that the teams listed are only committing on a team by team basis as mentioned in one of your quotes: "We also love the team vs team format that will allow us to do what’s best for each team"

So, here's my "4":

This is not an EDP New England league, this is certain teams from certain clubs joining EDP North Atlantic.

Like I said I applaud the effort, but really hate the spin and the disingenuousness.
                                Love your twisted logic. Next you’ll say EDP North Atlantic isn’t real and is just a few teams that joined the South Atlantic and so on. And what’s so unusual about clubs committing different teams to different leagues? Happens all the time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X