X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US WOMENS SOCCER

Originally posted by Guest
    The WNT looked ok. I only saw the second half, though.

Adriana Rodrigues is 5'4", and seemed to be the quickest player on the field. I don't know how much shorter she can get without having to play in the special olympics?

The teams play again this week in San Diego. At least people are watching these games.
    Her name is AMY Rodriguez, you are thinking of someone else.

Comment

At the highest level the result is what matters. You want to play pretty soccer with Ronaldihno type skills then go ahead. The bottom line USA 1 Brazil 0. My 5'10" 15 year old daughter has no skill whatsoever but she's an ODP hold over and will make the Regional Team for the second year in a row. That will look great on her resume for college. All the short speedy skiiled girls are going home....thanks for coming. Take a flight to South America or Mexico and go make an ODP team there. USA will be gold medal winners in Bejing with our big over grown no skill forward. By the way 99 goals in 126 international appearances....I'll take Wambach over your half-pint daughter any day....and so will the experienced ODP coaches.
      So apparently it is not a soccer match, but rather a height contest. Considering the current state of ODP I actually believe you when you say that a tall unskilled kid is selected over a smaller skilled player. That actually makes sense considering the current direction of our USWNT. The result in a friendly when you are aware that the opponent is not playing their first team is not enough. You must demonstrate a superior technical game against such a weakened opponent. We were unable to do that. We are not the best in the world anymore. It remains to be seen whether or not we win anything in China. We rested on our laurels after 1999 and we saw what happened. I think we are in no better shape now.

Comment

At the highest level the result is what matters. You want to play pretty soccer with Ronaldihno type skills then go ahead. The bottom line USA 1 Brazil 0. My 5'10" 15 year old daughter has no skill whatsoever but she's an ODP hold over and will make the Regional Team for the second year in a row. That will look great on her resume for college. All the short speedy skiiled girls are going home....thanks for coming. Take a flight to South America or Mexico and go make an ODP team there. USA will be gold medal winners in Bejing with our big over grown no skill forward. By the way 99 goals in 126 international appearances....I'll take Wambach over your half-pint daughter any day....and so will the experienced ODP coaches.
        Sounds like this is your first time around. Girls at the age of 15 are still growing. By the time your tall, unskilled player starts to falter in soccer due to burn-out, the other girls will have reached their full height.

ODP coaches just want quick results, but they keep picking girls like yours and they add nothing to their game. It will show over time. Better hope a college gets interested in your daughter early. She'll have to commit early to capitalize on all that exposure. And better hope, that at a young age, she picks the college she'll still be interested in in her Senior year.

Comment

Let's revisit this thread after the U.S. wins Gold in Bejing. The best women's program in the world...no doubt...the U.S.A.

World Rankings
          US U15 GNT ranked #1
          US U17 GNT ranked #1
          US U18 GNT ranked #1
          US U20 WNT ranked #1
          US U23 WNT ranked #1
          US Full WNT ranked #1

FIFA World Rankings

Comment

Let's revisit this thread after the U.S. wins Gold in Bejing. The best women's program in the world...no doubt...the U.S.A.

World Rankings
            US U15 GNT ranked #1
            US U17 GNT ranked #1
            US U18 GNT ranked #1
            US U20 WNT ranked #1
            US U23 WNT ranked #1
            US Full WNT ranked #1

FIFA World Rankings
            2007 Women's World Cup- semi finalists- 3rd place winner. World Cup is all that counts.

Comment

Our girls need to get creative. Out of the hundreds of thousands of girls playing this sport, we have NO ONE even close to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iba7RiOuvEQ

Comment

World Rankings
                US U15 GNT ranked #1
                US U17 GNT ranked #1
                US U18 GNT ranked #1
                US U20 WNT ranked #1
                US U23 WNT ranked #1
                US Full WNT ranked #1

FIFA World Rankings

2007 Women's World Cup- semi finalists- 3rd place winner. World Cup is all that counts.
                ...and didn't the minature super skilled Brazil team get creamed by the big unskilled Germans...hmmm....

USA and our big girls...still number 1

Comment

Our girls need to get creative. Out of the hundreds of thousands of girls playing this sport, we have NO ONE even close to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iba7RiOuvEQ

Actually, I think we do at the younger ages, yet I don't always think it is encouraged, so they end up trying to be the robots that we now have on the National Team.

Comment

Adriana Rodrigues is 5'4", and seemed to be the quickest player on the field. I don't know how much shorter she can get without having to play in the special olympics?

The teams play again this week in San Diego. At least people are watching these games.
                    Oops, it was a good argument, but it's now obvious who was the poster.

Comment

Oops, it was a good argument, but it's now obvious who was the poster.
                      must have been someone that isn't close to the cleawater player or they would have known it wasn't her -

Comment

World Rankings
                        US U15 GNT ranked #1
                        US U17 GNT ranked #1
                        US U18 GNT ranked #1
                        US U20 WNT ranked #1
                        US U23 WNT ranked #1
                        US Full WNT ranked #1

FIFA World Rankings

...and didn't the minature super skilled Brazil team get creamed by the big unskilled Germans...hmmm....

USA and our big girls...still number 1
                        If you saw the WC final and understood the game you would know that Brasil could have just as easily won the game. A missed PK and overall poor finishing didn't help Brasil in their quest for the trophy. Germany is another team that has technical ability and they won that game because they deserved to. Both of those teams are better technically than our team. I wish I could agree that we are number 1 but I can't ignore the facts. We play ugly soccer because we chose players who play ugly soccer. We certainly have creative players, what we lack is creative minded coaches.

Comment

World Rankings
                          US U15 GNT ranked #1
                          US U17 GNT ranked #1
                          US U18 GNT ranked #1
                          US U20 WNT ranked #1
                          US U23 WNT ranked #1
                          US Full WNT ranked #1

FIFA World Rankings

Keep resting on your rankings.....

Comment

p

World Rankings
                            US U15 GNT ranked #1
                            US U17 GNT ranked #1
                            US U18 GNT ranked #1
                            US U20 WNT ranked #1
                            US U23 WNT ranked #1
                            US Full WNT ranked #1

FIFA World Rankings

Keep resting on your rankings.....

and before the last WC the USMNT was ranked 5th in the world ....hahahahahahahaha We saw how accurate that was

Comment

I am quiet surprised at how naive many people are to how good the USA program is for women. This is one program unlike the USA men that gets it right. The womens program is consistently the best in the world. However that does not mean that other teams are not equally good or as talented. For some reason,people forget this is sports and you play the game to determine the outcome. Again, go check the stats, the USA women's national team have lost 1 game in the last three years. That's a stat that is pretty hard to find any negatives. :)

Comment

The US Womans team plays great relative to the rest of the world and has been great for decades. However relative to technical skills and any other skills relative to team play like passing, the men's soccer game is either way ahead becuase of the overall comptetition level or men's soccer has better coaching all around. At least thats what my 10 year old says when he watches the US team play...that the US woman's team does not pass as well as the boys when he watches them play. That does not mean that they are not great soccer players individually or great athletes in my opinion.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X