Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Global Sports

My kid made an ECNL team this Spring and has now been signed up for a "Total Global Sports" account by the Club. Is there any point in building a profile there for college coaches, or is it more like a Team Snap kind of deal where the games and practices are listed and the players can message the coach about their availability. I guess I'm asking if it is something college coaches refer to or is it just an intra club communication platform. Thanks.

In our high school program, we have registered on a site called FieldLevel.com. The coach put up the program and loaded in the player names and then the players, were contacted through that process and were allowed to build up their profile. It's pretty comprehensive.

College coaches join the site and can peruse your program at a high level. Seeing basic names, grades and stats. They must reach out to the coach and ask for permission to recruit. When this happens our coach contacts the player to get their permission and if given, clicks on a link and that opens the player's profile to the college coach.

It works pretty slickly, to be honest.

Most of the coaches there are D2 and D3 coaches, some D1 programs as well. We've had a couple of players just last season and apparently some more this season, who were recruited through the site and have now made commitments to some of these schools.

Seems a bit more robust than the tool you are being asked to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My kid made an ECNL team this Spring and has now been signed up for a "Total Global Sports" account by the Club. Is there any point in building a profile there for college coaches, or is it more like a Team Snap kind of deal where the games and practices are listed and the players can message the coach about their availability. I guess I'm asking if it is something college coaches refer to or is it just an intra club communication platform. Thanks.
      Our D’s team never uses TGS for intra team communication. It played no role in her securing her college commitment. A few coaches checked out her profile — generally after she had already made contact — but that was about it. From our perspective, completely unnecessary.

Comment

Nobody gets recruited through these sites. They all just money makers like the ID camps. Do some work have your kid send emails to schools they are interested in when they are with their club team. The sites are a complete waste of time and do not invest one cent.

Comment

If it's free there's no harm - but don't expect anything out of it other than lots of generic emails inviting her to camps. Recruiting efforts are all on the players doing their homework (researching schools and programs, contacting coaches etc). Keep in mind that coaches can't respond until Sept 1 junior year. You can utilize the club as a conduit for conversation however.

Comment

As soon as the ECNL website moved off the demosphere platform it went to crap. The new website is ****e. Must have been somebodies brother in laws business they are trying to support.

Comment

If it's free there's no harm - but don't expect anything out of it other than lots of generic emails inviting her to camps. Recruiting efforts are all on the players doing their homework (researching schools and programs, contacting coaches etc). Keep in mind that coaches can't respond until Sept 1 junior year. You can utilize the club as a conduit for conversation however.
              Agree with this. Some coaches will actually use it at events to look up players so for that alone it's worth spending the 10 minutes to set up the free account.

Recruiting is a labor intensive process for the players and parents. Except for the occasional superstar there are no shortcuts or magic bullets. Lots of emails, visits, rejections etc.

Set up the account and start working the emails this fall.

Comment

Our club had us do CaptainU profiles several years ago and I still get ID clinic and camp emails even though my son stopped playing at least 2 years ago.

Comment

Our club had us do CaptainU profiles several years ago and I still get ID clinic and camp emails even though my son stopped playing at least 2 years ago.
                  That’s so interesting. Unsubscribe...

Comment

That’s so interesting. Unsubscribe...
                    I've tried......

Comment

Agree with this. Some coaches will actually use it at events to look up players so for that alone it's worth spending the 10 minutes to set up the free account.

Recruiting is a labor intensive process for the players and parents. Except for the occasional superstar there are no shortcuts or magic bullets. Lots of emails, visits, rejections etc.

Set up the account and start working the emails this fall.
                      It is another place to post your info and video which is never a bad thing. You will get lots of emails from obscure programs

Comment

It is another place to post your info and video which is never a bad thing. You will get lots of emails from obscure programs
                        Do they inbox you through the site, or do they email you directly?

Comment

Do they inbox you through the site, or do they email you directly?
                          both, but until you're a junior all they can send you are generic invites to camps.

Comment

Or connect indirectly through club coaches.

Comment

Or connect indirectly through club coaches.
                              Yes the loopholes are always there

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X