Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What successful soccer country puts the responsibility for success on the world stage on the backs of players families? Rest of the world supports the players instead of asking the players to support them. That is ridiculous. Good luck with that.
    What on earth are you trying to say here? The responsibility lies with the organization. To do so, they need players. Those players are under the age of 18, so the parents need to allow them to participate.

Really, most clubs would just as soon get the parents the hell out of the way, so you won't get an argument there.

Comment

What successful soccer country puts the responsibility for success on the world stage on the backs of players families? Rest of the world supports the players instead of asking the players to support them. That is ridiculous. Good luck with that.
      please, lets talk about women here. I would argue that almost every country does because so few have funded options for girls. and the ones that do certainly do not for 1000s of them. the parents have to carry the load for a while when it comes to girls and soccer in most of the world.

Comment

This is hilarious. The very thing some seem to be advocating (tools and methods to find and train the best players) is in place. Not everyone joined. That's fine. Parents do what they want.

So, you now sit here and complain that it's not on the parents? How can it NOT be? What are YOU doing to enhance the product? Do YOU have a NT-level player? Are they playing in the National program? Why not?

You can't sit there and blame everyone else if you aren't actively participating. And, I don't mean typing on TS....

Comment

This is hilarious. The very thing some seem to be advocating (tools and methods to find and train the best players) is in place. Not everyone joined. That's fine. Parents do what they want.

So, you now sit here and complain that it's not on the parents? How can it NOT be? What are YOU doing to enhance the product? Do YOU have a NT-level player? Are they playing in the National program? Why not?

You can't sit there and blame everyone else if you aren't actively participating. And, I don't mean typing on TS....
          If US soccer will only take players from the GDA then they will only take players form the GDA. That is their choice. If there is not a GDA option for some players then tough luck. NT spots are for those that can access the GDA and those alone. Maybe that is a winning strategy and maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered

You can't resist with your DA infomercial. Your kid isn't on the NT because there is no one from BBA on the NT despite the fact that there are scouts at every game.

Comment

OP here. Ii agree with you. If you have a high level player and decided not to put her into a gda program( and there are perfectly valid logistical and other reasons why that may be the case) then good reasons not withstanding, you have no leg to stand on.

One way to attack the sizeof this country was too create aggregation at Club level to make the ID process more consistent and uniform. The fact that the ECNL clubs were invited was an olive branch to them to acknowledge all the good things they have done in building parts of the pipeline. The ECNL Founder CLubs spat on that and wanted the cake and teh cherry on top.

The process was always going to be fragmented given the size of the USA and the personalities involved. However, the plan itself was not dumb. it did need full Club participation and a real desire to work together to help develop better players.

Year one was not good. Not because of lopsided games or anything like that, but for the persistent fighting and back stabbing , mostly from the ECNL to the GDA. We all know the GDA has flaws, but currently i dont see any approach that would work UNTIL Clubs actually collaborate properly in objectively promoting talent.

Comment

You can't resist with your DA infomercial. Your kid isn't on the NT because there is no one from BBA on the NT despite the fact that there are scouts at every game.
                here we go again with the petty Club BS.

Comment

OP here. Ii agree with you. If you have a high level player and decided not to put her into a gda program( and there are perfectly valid logistical and other reasons why that may be the case) then good reasons not withstanding, you have no leg to stand on.

One way to attack the sizeof this country was too create aggregation at Club level to make the ID process more consistent and uniform. The fact that the ECNL clubs were invited was an olive branch to them to acknowledge all the good things they have done in building parts of the pipeline. The ECNL Founder CLubs spat on that and wanted the cake and teh cherry on top.

The process was always going to be fragmented given the size of the USA and the personalities involved. However, the plan itself was not dumb. it did need full Club participation and a real desire to work together to help develop better players.

Year one was not good. Not because of lopsided games or anything like that, but for the persistent fighting and back stabbing , mostly from the ECNL to the GDA. We all know the GDA has flaws, but currently i dont see any approach that would work UNTIL Clubs actually collaborate properly in objectively promoting talent.
                  "good reasons not withstanding, you have no leg to stand on" ??????

By definition, if the reasons are good, you DO have a leg to stand on.

What responsible parents is going to put their players at a poor quality GDA club. Or relocate their entire family so they can be close to a pay to play youth soccer GDA club. Or sign on to a GDA travel burden that can not be managed by the family? Those would be stupid decisions.

Comment

And, yet, the very thing being advocated is the very thing DA provided.

My kid, their abilities, and where we play don't have anything to do with it.

Comment

If US soccer sticks with this strategy, they will have access to the best in the GDA. That is not the necessarily the same as the best in the country.

Comment

If private soccer leagues stick with their strategy, they won't provide access to the best for GDA. That would be the same as the best in the country.
                        I wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

I agree...every family can and should do what is best for them. I am not advocating one over the other necessarily.

But, the mention was "Perhaps they should just do a better job of finding and then training the top players in our country regardless of who trained them or how before they made it to that level." That very thing was the intent of GDA. If players and families don't want to join the program, then nobody can complain about it after.
                          This is preposterous. It's as if MLB said we are starting a competing league with LL and if you want to be a pro player for us, you have to pay $4k/year from U12-U18 to have a shot!! They should try to find the kids that learn how to play the game at a high level regardless of their pedigree and they certainly should not charge anyone to do it!!

Comment

What on earth are you trying to say here? The responsibility lies with the organization. To do so, they need players. Those players are under the age of 18, so the parents need to allow them to participate.

Really, most clubs would just as soon get the parents the hell out of the way, so you won't get an argument there.
                            Then fund it and you will get the best players. If your new garbage league is more expensive than the best option and the other option is also far less restrictive, then i will decide who i have to send these exorbitant checks to. There is nothing in it for the masses to gain, so why bother. It's not cheap, it definitely aint free, it is currently the 2nd best league in the country (at best), my kid can play other sports if her club allows it (including HS soccer), and, quite honestly, the training is not necessarily better than any other top coaches can provide ..... not to mention, the extra season is in direct competition with the college soccer season so college coaches are immediately excluded, and they are doing a whole lot of recruiting there. Beat me up for the end game of college, but why then does USSF need to have 1,800 kids per composite age group to train 30?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              This is preposterous. It's as if MLB said we are starting a competing league with LL and if you want to be a pro player for us, you have to pay $4k/year from U12-U18 to have a shot!! They should try to find the kids that learn how to play the game at a high level regardless of their pedigree and they certainly should not charge anyone to do it!!
                              Regardless of what USSF is saying, it appears that at least around here, this is exactly what they are doing by pulling kids from Select and Stars.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree.
                                GDA is public soccer league? My tax dollars better not be going for country club girls soccer whether it is called GDA or something else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X