Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u-20 WWC

and just like thats ..its over. To all those who think the ECNL is/was working. the last u17 team and this one are largely ECNL based teams. we look miles behind the best countries now in everything but grit and athleticism.

Tactically and technically we are lost.

https://twitter.com/prileyfury4life

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    and just like thats ..its over. To all those who think the ECNL is/was working. the last u17 team and this one are largely ECNL based teams. we look miles behind the best countries now in everything but grit and athleticism.

Tactically and technically we are lost.

https://twitter.com/prileyfury4life
    Well, I'm sure playing against LISC and Seacoast will address the situation in no time at all. I'm also sure cutting out all non-GDA players from the NT will also help cure this situation.

What Me Worry?

Comment

More to follow

Well, I'm sure playing against LISC and Seacoast will address the situation in no time at all. I'm also sure cutting out all non-GDA players from the NT will also help cure this situation.

What Me Worry?
      US Soccer is the prob, not ECNL. First the ridiculous birth year change and then the DA mess which will take years to sort out. They are doing their best to NOT develop talent.
      Someone already posted about non-DA players being minimized in their system. Those that are calling the shots at USS should be fired.
      The U17's will do no better. Lots of knee injuries.

Comment

I don't see why there is such surprise at the success of European soccer countries in international competition. The operate with a fundamentaly different system designed to capture and train the best talent in their country's pool of players. They put money into the players instead of taking money from the players. That is such an obvious advantage when it comes to winning soccer games.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          US Soccer is the prob, not ECNL. First the ridiculous birth year change and then the DA mess which will take years to sort out. They are doing their best to NOT develop talent.
          Someone already posted about non-DA players being minimized in their system. Those that are calling the shots at USS should be fired.
          The U17's will do no better. Lots of knee injuries.
          It's funny. They are all DA players when they win and all ECNL players when they lose. If this doesn't tell people to do what is best for their families, I don't know what will.

Comment

I don't see why there is such surprise at the success of European soccer countries in international competition. The operate with a fundamentaly different system designed to capture and train the best talent in their country's pool of players. They put money into the players instead of taking money from the players. That is such an obvious advantage when it comes to winning soccer games.
            We had a huge advantage for 30 years because of Title IX. That advantage is gone and other countries are developing female players and the womens game now.

Comment

It's funny. They are all DA players when they win and all ECNL players when they lose. If this doesn't tell people to do what is best for their families, I don't know what will.
              Well, they are ALL ECNL players now. DA is too new to have had a big impact on them. Need to let the youngest ages all cycle through before making any call.

Comment

Well, they are ALL ECNL players now. DA is too new to have had a big impact on them. Need to let the youngest ages all cycle through before making any call.
                DA isn't going to fix anything.

Comment

Why? Same clubs, coaches, basic set up, sky high costs and travel. I would not expect any significantly different results.

Comment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...tF-lNikS2_LYoh

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      ^^^That's why we are an NPL family and happy with the choice. People are so set on having a league winner and don't bother looking to see what is best for their own kid.

Comment

OP here ...the facts are they are ECNL players with USSF camp coaching. The way different people interpret it just highlights the issues. Most of thse kids played limited time in the GDA as they were in camp. The fundamentals they have came from coaching they received and the ECNL. The USSF selected them and has been coaching them up , some for YEARS.

The ECNL is not working as an incubator for talent and the USSF coaching is not working as a builder of a tactical plan and a cohesive team.

As some posters accuratley point out, we cannot judge the GDA until a cycle has been completed but we sure can judge the ECNL/ USSF partnership era now after the cream of its crop played both a U17 AND U20 WC.

Failed to get out of the group in both cases. Thats is a fact. we can all try an shift it else where or say GDA/USSF wont be any different, but to date this is what we know. A collaboration between the ECNL and USSF YNT coaching has failed miserably and other countries have moved ahead of us in youth play.

Comment

OP here ...the facts are they are ECNL players with USSF camp coaching. The way different people interpret it just highlights the issues. Most of thse kids played limited time in the GDA as they were in camp. The fundamentals they have came from coaching they received and the ECNL. The USSF selected them and has been coaching them up , some for YEARS.

The ECNL is not working as an incubator for talent and the USSF coaching is not working as a builder of a tactical plan and a cohesive team.

As some posters accuratley point out, we cannot judge the GDA until a cycle has been completed but we sure can judge the ECNL/ USSF partnership era now after the cream of its crop played both a U17 AND U20 WC.

Failed to get out of the group in both cases. Thats is a fact. we can all try an shift it else where or say GDA/USSF wont be any different, but to date this is what we know. A collaboration between the ECNL and USSF YNT coaching has failed miserably and other countries have moved ahead of us in youth play.

While we clearly need improvement, GDA in its present state isn't going to fix what ails us. Just ask the men's teams how 10+ years have helped them on the international stage.

Comment

After 10 years is it fair to judge DA and their absence from men's WC?

Comment

After 10 years is it fair to judge DA and their absence from men's WC?
                              The thread was about women's.

But, how many men's players in the last cycle came from DA (I don't have the answer)?

If many, then yes.

If not many, then maybe. I mean, if they weren't chosen because they wanted other players (foreign-born, for example) then no. If they weren't chose because they weren't good enough, then more likely yes.

Men's game is different because of the influence of players who didn't go through the youth system at all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X