Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extra training

Something i need to bring out...My u13 daughter plays on a pretty good team and wants some extra training from her current coach....here is the sticking point...A coach other than the team coach must be selected for individual private training sessions....***...she wants her coach for extra training not somebody looking for extra money...to make matters worse, here are the fees

FEES
    Individual: $240 per player per block of 4 sessions
    Group of 2: $150 per player per block of 4 sessions*
    Group of 4: $95 per player per block of 4 sessions*
    Group of 6: $80 per player per block of 4 sessions*

Sessions are only available in blocks of 4 sessions, 1 hour per

Note: if sessions take place at an indoor then facility rental charges apply.

I want to know why isn't this part of the club's program w/o the extra ridiculous cost...just charge us a little more on our yearly fees and provide it for free..

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Something i need to bring out...My u13 daughter plays on a pretty good team and wants some extra training from her current coach....here is the sticking point...A coach other than the team coach must be selected for individual private training sessions....***...she wants her coach for extra training not somebody looking for extra money...to make matters worse, here are the fees

FEES

I want to know why isn't this part of the club's program w/o the extra ridiculous cost...just charge us a little more on our yearly fees and provide it for free..
    Because it is training above and beyond what you were promised in your contract. Seems reasonable to me. $100 for privates is about right:

Comment

I went to a restaurant recently and had a nice steak dinner. I also wanted the lobster. I felt it should've been included in my fee.

Comment

FEES

- you need someone qualified, forget about the desire to have her normal coach do it, no need for that
        - I don't get your comment about taking someone to task because they're looking for extra money. Maybe you're looking for someone to commute to and spend time training your daughter out of the goodness of their heart? Keep looking. Do you pick your auto mechanic or the guy that clears your driveway of snow based on the criteria that they shouldn't be out looking for extra money?

Assuming the trainer is experienced and qualified:
        - $60 an hour for a single player is within the reasonable range from what I've seen
        - your hourly cost per player isn't going to be cut in half for 2 or more players. I think the discount per player you're getting is pretty good compared to what I've seen
        - hope you weren't expecting the cost of the indoor facility to be borne by the trainer
        - not everyone wants or has the free time for or has the $ for the extra training so why would they build it into the base cost
        - try it out with a recommended trainer someone else has used, don't just pick a trainer you know nothing about off a website for instance , they should have experience training kids on the side.

Comment

FEES

Answer this: if a student wants extra tutoring from a teacher, does the teacher charge a fee or is that in their contract ?

Comment

I went to a restaurant recently and had a nice steak dinner. I also wanted the lobster. I felt it should've been included in my fee.
            was the lobster was your wife?

Comment

Answer this: if a student wants extra tutoring from a teacher, does the teacher charge a fee or is that in their contract ?
              Outside school hours it sure is.

Comment

That depends. Are you talking about an hour after class one day to go over a specific question, test, homework, etc., or are you talking about a weekly session to help your child pass geometry? I've had conversations with my kids' teachers and coaches ... and then I've hired tutors and paid for privates based on those conversations.

Comment

FEES

What do you hope to gain with just her coach? 1 on training you can do with a garage door.
                  Just grab a group and play.

Comment

FEES

Too bad your child wasn't around when this guy was teaching the game

Dr. Vernon Reese.

A legendary teacher of the game in Baltimore and a member of the US National Soccer Hall of Fame. In 1938, after the end of his playing days, Reese opened the Dr. Vernon Reese Soccer Clinic in Patterson Park in Baltimore that operated 52 Sundays a year for the next 44 years and was FREE for all children. Reese also started the Baltimore Catholic Youth Organization soccer league in 1958 and watched it grow from eight teams to 160 over the following 25 years. Now that is what I call “giving back to the game”.

http://cd03.ussoccer.com/about/hall-...ilder-bio.aspx

Comment

FEES

Please have her quit soccer so you can feed the family.

Comment

Please have her quit soccer so you can feed the family.
                        Be nice...maybe the soccer coach should get a real job instead of smooching off of kids who want to play a sport...another reason this country sucks in this sport...horrible coaches

Comment

I am for and against this.
                          The ‘flr’ Recognizes the value of tutoring on school subjects. Hiwever, I see this as getting assistance on something that is difficult to get on your own.
                          While I can understand the private training for soccer....I would prefer that my child take himself and practice in an unregimented way. A free for all....sure, I will encourage my child to practice somethings in particular but it would be on their own. I would, from time to time join in....

Comment

I am for and against this.
                            The ‘for’ Recognizes the value of tutoring on school subjects. However, I see this as getting assistance on something that is difficult to get on your own.
                            While I can understand the private training for soccer....I would prefer that my child take himself and practice in an unregimented way. A free for all....sure, I will encourage my child to practice somethings in particular but it would be on their own. I would, from time to time join in....

Comment

Its a conflict of interest iof the kid's club coach provides private for extra cash coaching to players on his team. The players parents who don't want his extra training or want it from someone else MAY feel compelled to pay him his fee lest the player move down the depth chart for play time and positions. Even a well meaning coach (and i don;t think they are all well meaning) MAY offer preference to a player he has more invested in. After all if she plays more, gets better positions, and is seen as more successful isn;t it a reflection on him and maybe even pads his wallet. Good on the club for disallowing this. Sorry honey, have to buy your way into the coaches good graces another way

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X