X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

district select u12 girls

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    One particular stars coach was involved in coaching DSP. can only have success with these players/parents who dont know any better
    what does that mean?

Comment

which team?

Comment

wondering why a stars coach would ever coach a summer league team?

Comment

He has coached it for years, before he was with Stars. Multiple club coaches involved both boys and girls.

Comment

He has coached it for years, before he was with Stars. Multiple club coaches involved both boys and girls.
            thanks shawn. but youre pretty much the only one. will do anything that he thinks makes him look good.

Comment

If you knew him, you would understand. got banned in the DA for last 10 games and kicked off coaching ecnl teams by JD.

Comment

If you knew him, you would understand. got banned in the DA for last 10 games and kicked off coaching ecnl teams by JD.
                So who is it or are you afraid to say

Comment

So who is it or are you afraid to say
                  SD runs stars metro west

Comment

SD runs stars metro west
                    You mean SM

Comment

SD runs stars metro west
                      Formerly Stars west that was a joke because it never happened

Comment

Formerly Stars west that was a joke because it never happened
                        What was Stars west?

Comment

You mean SM
                          everyone has heard of this guy. you would be crazy to play for him now. haha

Comment

What was Stars west?
                            Exactly!!!!

Comment

everyone has heard of this guy. you would be crazy to play for him now. haha
                              i dont think many people do.

Comment

District Select is a fun, laid back program for kids to play in over the summer. Both of my kids played the past two summers and enjoyed it. My son in explaining it to a friend said it is a notch above travel but below club level competition. I think both kids gained something in playing in district select. As another poster said it is a great opportunity for players to take chances. The first year they both had a phenomenal coach that they would not have been exposed to without this program. This year my son had a hs coach who gave him some leadership opportunities and tried to prepare the kids for hs expectations. i found it amazing though how some of the parents had unreasonable expectations of the coaches when I'm sure if they get paid at all it is a minimal amount and more of a donation of their time. There did seem to be less kids and less teams this year especially in the older age groups. Our district struggles to find kids as in some of the towns kids go away for the whole summer so often teams are combined ages and/or there is a range of skill level.

All of the above said.. its sad that a poster seems to need to turn this thread into a SM bashing thread especially relating it to District Select. Very disingenuous and repetitive of the other thread.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X