Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, you are suggesting that if Jeffrey Whitman did not own Uriah's Heating & Cooling, would they not have had the right to fire him for his belief's? I am not sure that Harvey Weinstein has actually been found guilty of anything yet he was removed from the company he founded. How could that be?
    Are you now conflating criminal acts with not respecting the anthem?
    He has been charged.

It is not against the law to raise a fist or kneel during the Anthem
    Until it is, all else is semantics.

Comment

Are you now conflating criminal acts with not respecting the anthem?
      He has been charged.

It is not against the law to raise a fist or kneel during the Anthem
      Until it is, all else is semantics.
      It is not against the law to refuse to wear rainbow numbers.
      Yet JH may (I said may) have been cut for refusing to do exactly that.

This doesn't have anything to do with legality, it has to do with the group dynamics of the team and the social standards US Soccer wants to display through the WNT.
      So what I am hearing is that US Soccer is OK with MR's individual expression of national defiance - not doing what she SHOULD do (hand on heart), while all her teammates did do it - but they are not OK with JHs individual expression of religious belief and not wearing a rainbow number while all her teammates do wear it.

Like it not, USWNT is making moral judgements and choosing what issues they approve for individual expression. I have no problem with MR keeping her hand on her side. I do have a big problem with allowing that, but not allowing same for JH.

Comment

Jeezus you can't even go 10 minutes before dragging Trump in. Must make for some long days....
        GOP hypocrisy. Hold her feet to fire for not putting her hand over her heart (not required for non military members) after she obeyed with standing rule. You all skewered Obama for it also. Yet the current Commander in Chief does the same.

Comment

One is disrespecting a country, the other a community.

Our country is founded on right to protest, so we shouldn't object to anthem defiance
          our country is also founded on belief All (wo)men are created equal and the pursuit of happiness, so we should object when someone says they want to defy that

Comment

One is disrespecting a country, the other a community.

Our country is founded on right to protest, so we shouldn't object to anthem defiance
            our country is also founded on belief All (wo)men are created equal and the pursuit of happiness, so we should object when someone says they want to defy that
            hahah equal in your dreams. wake up, Liberty and justice for all is still a fantasy.

Comment

Care to tell us a little about your god and the exact source for his teachings?
              Bible. Thanks for asking. Respect and tolerance. And because I believe in tolerance, I am not trying to force feed my beliefs on anyone else. But they are my beliefs. I respect your views and my views should be given the same weight. Agree to disagree is not a problem.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X