Kobe Bryant was bigger than basketball and life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The community he grew up in on the border of Philadelphia tried hard to get him to play youth soccer for the area club. Some of his friends on the Lower Merion high school b-ball championship team also played soccer. There was never any doubt what direction he would go because of his father, but he would have been a champion whatever path he took.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I drove my kid to practice 60 minutes each way yesterday. I work extra to help pay for the travel and expenses of ECNL so she can chase her dreams. I'm sorry, but I do not feel bad for someone flying their helicopter to a youth sporting event. Maybe if he would have been in a car like the rest of us peons we wouldn't be talking about this today.
      what are the stats on helicopter crash vs. auto crash?? i would be willing to bet you would fly too. far more dangerous in your minivan.

speculation, but weather seems to have been a factor. often, pilots feel pressure, and have a tough time saying no to their rich boss that wants to fly.

Comment

what are the stats on helicopter crash vs. auto crash?? i would be willing to bet you would fly too. far more dangerous in your minivan.

speculation, but weather seems to have been a factor. often, pilots feel pressure, and have a tough time saying no to their rich boss that wants to fly.
        "Based on hours alone, helicopters are 85 times more dangerous than driving"

https://fullfact.org/news/how-danger...e-helicopters/

Comment

"Based on hours alone, helicopters are 85 times more dangerous than driving"

https://fullfact.org/news/how-danger...e-helicopters/
          or this

https://thepointsguy.com/news/are-he...rs-and-trains/

Comment

I try to stay away from those helicopter tours over the Grand Canyon and in Hawaii because there are too many crashes.

Comment

Interesting that he played soccer as a young boy living in Italy, and that he believes soccer helped him see patterns, passing and plays differently making him more successful in basketball.

Comment

we all did alot of stupid things at 20 but when a woman said no, it was no. at least for me. now, not being a professional athlete, I am sure the temptations are different. so, I am not judging him, but I have also not forgotten that incident.
                He wasn't 20. He was 25. When is the correct age to learn that raping a 19 year old girl is wrong? It would have been one thing had he admitted he messed up and then tried to better himself. That is not what happened.

I'm not happy he died but I'm not pretending he was a hero either.

Comment

It’s a complete joke to call this athlete a hero, that is a complete insult to every service person who died for their country. The Grammys have never recognized a person in the military for there sacrifices. Athletes and celebrities are a bunch of over entitled people that should never get more recognition over the real hero’s.

Comment

idiot

I drove my kid to practice 60 minutes each way yesterday. I work extra to help pay for the travel and expenses of ECNL so she can chase her dreams. I'm sorry, but I do not feel bad for someone flying their helicopter to a youth sporting event. Maybe if he would have been in a car like the rest of us peons we wouldn't be talking about this today.
                    You're an *******, truly and completely. If you had the capability to fly your child to training in a helicopter, you would do it. Because he had the capability to do that makes him a bad person. Man, I'm praying for your child, because having such an idiot as a parent does not bode well for his/her future.

Comment

It’s a complete joke to call this athlete a hero, that is a complete insult to every service person who died for their country. The Grammys have never recognized a person in the military for there sacrifices. Athletes and celebrities are a bunch of over entitled people that should never get more recognition over the real hero’s.
                      You know who else are real heroes? Good teachers. It appears that you, unfortunately, did not have good teachers.

Comment

You know who else are real heroes? Good teachers. It appears that you, unfortunately, did not have good teachers.
                        Why are teachers heroes ?.They get paid to do a job for God's sake.

Comment

Why are teachers heroes ?.They get paid to do a job for God's sake.
                          So do the military.

Comment

You're an *******, truly and completely. If you had the capability to fly your child to training in a helicopter, you would do it. Because he had the capability to do that makes him a bad person. Man, I'm praying for your child, because having such an idiot as a parent does not bode well for his/her future.
                            I never said he was a bad person. I simply said that I do not feel bad about it. I've never met the guy, and if I was in a helicopter crash I'm sure Kobe would not hear about it let alone care.

I appreciate the prayers, but my kid is doing just fine.

Comment

Kobe was bigger than life? Really? There are people in this world that live very modest lives because they give a lot of their money to charity. There are people that volunteer at soup kitchens and shelters everyday to help others. Those are the ones that are bigger than life, not some elitist that flies his kid in a helicopter to avoid traffic. I feel bad for the kid because that is the life she was born into and really didn't have a choice.

Comment

An airplane was shot down with a missile and hundreds of people died a few weeks ago. No one on ts seem to care. It is very sad celebrity and athlete lives seem to matter to the general public more than everyone else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X