Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Has Cornell even started interviewing for the position yet? Its a hard enough job but losing out on valuable recruiting time is making it an even worse job
    A few weeks right now won't matter for this fall's incoming class; it's too late for that. Theres still time to recruit juniors who aren't all locked in yet. The new coach will have to work with what they've got next fall and try and build from there.

Comment

A good coach and recruiter can get Cornell competitive in 2 recruiting classes.
      Name one school (who is a needs based institution) who has done that EVER!
      Never happened and never will.

Comment

Hmmm Brown comes to mind.

Comment

Hmmm Brown comes to mind.
          Princeton women's as well, kind of. The weren't a basement dweller but had been very inconsistent. New coach has made it a much more consistent top program (this year a bit of a slip).

Comment

Princeton women's as well, kind of. The weren't a basement dweller but had been very inconsistent. New coach has made it a much more consistent top program (this year a bit of a slip).
            Don't undervalue the prior princeton's coach too. She helped bring in many of the kids that excelled. She put it on the map. And new coach has done well but you can't plan for that many top players being injured or playing with injuries.

I remember seeing Princeton at Brown, which they should have won. They looked like a hospital ward of patients given a day pass. And they still should have won that game.

Comment

One to watch over the next few years will be the new Harvard mens' coach. He was a multi-time national championship coach at Tufts. Harvard mens' team sucks azz.

Comment

Cornell will most likely hire a female coach from the NESCAC

Comment

Might want to keep an eye on Harvard women's program over the next few years. I think they have three national team pool players coming in next year, two of whom were on the GNT roster last summer.

Kids and parents, even those that have legit WNT and NWSL prospects, understand the long term value that future employers assign an Ivy diploma.

Comment

A good coach and recruiter can get Cornell competitive in 2 recruiting classes.

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                    Never happened and never will

Comment

Might want to keep an eye on Harvard women's program over the next few years. I think they have three national team pool players coming in next year, two of whom were on the GNT roster last summer.

Kids and parents, even those that have legit WNT and NWSL prospects, understand the long term value that future employers assign an Ivy diploma.
                      You “think” they have three national team players??? They do or they don’t. And a National Team Player from Grenada is cool it’s not terribly impressive.

Comment

You “think” they have three national team players??? They do or they don’t. And a National Team Player from Grenada is cool it’s not terribly impressive.
                        As with any Ivy, until the admissions office gives final nod, nothing is guaranteed, that is why this is not known and why I "think" it to be true. That is the only thing I wasn't sure of. I also wasn't speaking of any internationals in my tally. If you include that, the count is even higher. Not gonna spoon feed you any more info. Click the link and do your own research.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll...ab-commitments

Comment

Cornell

I'm sure that Ivy League diploma will pay off a hell of a lot more in the long run than playing pro soccer as a girl (or boy)...there is just no real money in pro soccer here in the US.

Comment

I'm sure that Ivy League diploma will pay off a hell of a lot more in the long run than playing pro soccer as a girl (or boy)...there is just no real money in pro soccer here in the US.
                            Look at Mallory Pugh - walked away from a full ride to play at UCLA to play pro. Just got cut from the NT team for the Olympics. She's still young and may get back on the roster, but i have to believe she's second guessing that choice

Comment

Look at Mallory Pugh - walked away from a full ride to play at UCLA to play pro. Just got cut from the NT team for the Olympics. She's still young and may get back on the roster, but i have to believe she's second guessing that choice
                              Jordan Morris sorta similar.

Comment

As with any Ivy, until the admissions office gives final nod, nothing is guaranteed, that is why this is not known and why I "think" it to be true. That is the only thing I wasn't sure of. I also wasn't speaking of any internationals in my tally. If you include that, the count is even higher. Not gonna spoon feed you any more info. Click the link and do your own research.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll...ab-commitments
                                You’re lost. Good luck. I’ve done my research in real time. Not sure what your driving at but good luck with being less confused.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X