Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The 2003 DA SCUS team is an NPL team, with one, maybe two players who are DA level. There might of been 3 DA level players, but one got hurt (twice) and soccer is probably over for her. Most of that team is the same team that went all the way to the national championship years ago as NPL, that is what they are: NPL They should have stayed there and scrapped DA altogether as now NPL and DA suck due to both being watered down.

The organization plays team tactics, not individual progress, so your kid either does or doesn't posses the individual skills prior to SCUS NPL/DA. They will never improve that either by the time they hit high school because SCUS simply doesn't make it a priority, at all.

The NPL 01' 02' teams are combined because they don't have enough players, and they shouldn't be NPL anyways (fat, slow, no skill). The best player, who also plays for Exeter, bolted to FC Stars in MA, which is where she belongs anyways.

Lot's of denial at SCUS front offices, but those checks helped build that facility in Epping, while reorganizing all of MA due to lack of players. So what do they care? :)
    Point 1: 100% correct on the DA teams are NPL capable players. DA everywhere else is a level higher than NPL. I agree there are / were 3 DA capable players. NPL was totally watered down due to the DA program. Neither has been competitive in the last 2 years.

Point 2: That's the issue I have always had with SUSC... they play and coach team tactical as the foundation for their programs. They do not teach creativity, decision making, or individual technical growth. Kids in SAMBA and GPS have much better individual skills. Look at the top girls players in NH and the majority of them are GPS kids now.

Point 3: SUSC can't keep the best girls in their program.

Point 4: SUSC is a business first, soccer program second. They have to do what they can to make payroll. They have to pay the mortgage. Any parent who thinks that SUSC is placing their kids "development" ahead of the $$$ the parents are paying is in complete denial.

Comment

The 2003 DA SCUS team is an NPL team, with one, maybe two players who are DA level. There might of been 3 DA level players, but one got hurt (twice) and soccer is probably over for her. Most of that team is the same team that went all the way to the national championship years ago as NPL, that is what they are: NPL They should have stayed there and scrapped DA altogether as now NPL and DA suck due to both being watered down.

The organization plays team tactics, not individual progress, so your kid either does or doesn't posses the individual skills prior to SCUS NPL/DA. They will never improve that either by the time they hit high school because SCUS simply doesn't make it a priority, at all.

The NPL 01' 02' teams are combined because they don't have enough players, and they shouldn't be NPL anyways (fat, slow, no skill). The best player, who also plays for Exeter, bolted to FC Stars in MA, which is where she belongs anyways.

Lot's of denial at SCUS front offices, but those checks helped build that facility in Epping, while reorganizing all of MA due to lack of players. So what do they care? :)
      The 2003 DA team did not go to the NPL Finals. That was mostly the 2004 NPL team, but I'd say about half the team remains.

They do play within a system to be competitive. And, anecdotally from heard/overheard from competition on several occasions, they are very hard to play against. Any club with overall talent less than your competition plays the same way. However, they do encourage individual play in their attack. Long way to go overall, however.

The '01 and '02 teams are not in DA. They intend to bring that age group in next year (personally, I don't see it happening).

Commenting on individual kid's abilities and body-types tells more about the poster than I ever could, so I'll leave that one alone. But, there are players on that team that has generated interest, and already committed to, numerous college programs.

Seacoast leadership will be the first to acknowledge where they are today. Anyone who says otherwise honestly has no clue on the matter. From the article linked earlier:

“We’re focused on how if you want to be a girls DA player, this is the best place in the area for competition and being identified for the next level,” Scott said. “Then, long term once age groups start progressing through, we can start to look at playoffs.”

Comment

Point 1: 100% correct on the DA teams are NPL capable players. DA everywhere else is a level higher than NPL. I agree there are / were 3 DA capable players. NPL was totally watered down due to the DA program. Neither has been competitive in the last 2 years.

Point 2: That's the issue I have always had with SUSC... they play and coach team tactical as the foundation for their programs. They do not teach creativity, decision making, or individual technical growth. Kids in SAMBA and GPS have much better individual skills. Look at the top girls players in NH and the majority of them are GPS kids now.

Point 3: SUSC can't keep the best girls in their program.

Point 4: SUSC is a business first, soccer program second. They have to do what they can to make payroll. They have to pay the mortgage. Any parent who thinks that SUSC is placing their kids "development" ahead of the $$$ the parents are paying is in complete denial.
        Point 1: Incorrect. Wrong team being referred to
        Point 2: Correct, but your GPS reference is laughably wrong
        Point 3: Incorrect/correct. Same with all clubs and is age group dependent.
        Point 4: As are all clubs

Comment

Side note, all DA/ECNL level teams have prep players. Most of these players get a deal for playing at the prep school level and are getting a financial aid situation where they must play for the school, I wouldn't fault the players for that situation. Although, not ideal, it will always be a factor.
          That's why they are trying to discourage it at a younger age. To have a prep school kid (or a public school kid for that matter) to have to switch midway through their HS years was always going to be a stretch. It will always be an issue, but less so at the 05 and younger because they were not in HS at the start, and they are attempting to limit them before it's an issue, not during.

Comment

In the end where the players end up for college will be telling.

Comment

"Commenting on individual kid's abilities and body-types tells more about the poster than I ever could, so I'll leave that one alone. But, there are players on that team that has generated interest, and already committed to, numerous college programs." -

Call them as I see them.

Having watched the horribleness of it all because they had to always call up younger players to fill the roster on game days. It's also how I knew their one outstanding player left (everyone knows who it is), she was fed up having players that couldn't run more than 20 yards without risking a heart attack. She has a great soccer/track collegiate career ahead of her barring injury in her senior year.

Those numerous college programs are fine, but no one in either of those age brackets are going anywhere significant short of academic scholarships (which would be great). 99.9% of these players overall in all ages won't be going to any big soccer schools for soccer specifically, that's the reality, even if the parents don't live in it themselves.

Comment

"Commenting on individual kid's abilities and body-types tells more about the poster than I ever could, so I'll leave that one alone. But, there are players on that team that has generated interest, and already committed to, numerous college programs." -

Call them as I see them.

Having watched the horribleness of it all because they had to always call up younger players to fill the roster on game days. It's also how I knew their one outstanding player left (everyone knows who it is), she was fed up having players that couldn't run more than 20 yards without risking a heart attack. She has a great soccer/track collegiate career ahead of her barring injury in her senior year.

Those numerous college programs are fine, but no one in either of those age brackets are going anywhere significant short of academic scholarships (which would be great). 99.9% of these players overall in all ages won't be going to any big soccer schools for soccer specifically, that's the reality, even if the parents don't live in it themselves.
                Again, tells more about yourself than I possibly could...

And, yes, the issues at the older age groups predicated by the private school has filtered into calling up some others. It's had a domino affect.

Personally, not sure who you are referring to at that age group who left. Their best player just came into DA in the spring last year and is committed to an ACC D1. She's still there playing for them.

But, I get it. You know all so your campaign will continue...

Comment

Again, tells more about yourself than I possibly could...

And, yes, the issues at the older age groups predicated by the private school has filtered into calling up some others. It's had a domino affect.

Personally, not sure who you are referring to at that age group who left. Their best player just came into DA in the spring last year and is committed to an ACC D1. She's still there playing for them.

But, I get it. You know all so your campaign will continue...
                  Dude BEST player? in 90 minutes vs. NEFC (6-0 loss) she could not score 1 goal. Even had a PK blocked. Best Player? chill dad

Comment

Dude BEST player? in 90 minutes vs. NEFC (6-0 loss) she could not score 1 goal. Even had a PK blocked. Best Player? chill dad
                    Not related to her; don't even really know her.

But, what does anything you have posted have anything to do with her abilities?

chill, hater.

Comment

Not related to her; don't even really know her.

But, what does anything you have posted have anything to do with her abilities?

chill, hater.
                      Not a hater. Just calling a spade a spade. Let me put it this way. 90 minutes zero goals and a blocked PK. Now you go on and keep talking ACC contribution player.

Comment

Not a hater. Just calling a spade a spade. Let me put it this way. 90 minutes zero goals and a blocked PK. Now you go on and keep talking ACC contribution player.
                        So, let's think about this.

A team which is barely a team, with half their roster not there, playing against a quality team, and you think the result is due to her? A missed PK (Messi is a terrible PK-taker as I remind you) means nothing.

So, yes, she is their best player and committed to an ACC school before her junior year.

Sorry if that offends you. But, again, that's more about you than her.

Comment

6-0

ACC has tough D backs in their league and GK's. What happens there if you can't go though a Nefc team with only 2 commits showing on their site.

Comment

6-0

ACC has tough D backs in their league and GK's. What happens there if you can't go though a Nefc team with only 2 commits showing on their site.

What is your point? Someone said the best player left, and I said the best player is still there.

Why pick on a kid and where she's chosen to go to school? What's your end game?

Comment

What is your point? Someone said the best player left, and I said the best player is still there.

Why pick on a kid and where she's chosen to go to school? What's your end game?
                              OUSTIDE OBSERVER HERE -

Nobody is picking on her. Not at all. One of the biggest weaknesses with NH soccer players (boys and girls across the board) is that they lack ANY self awareness.

I have coached, officiated, and been a soccer parent here for over 25 years. My kids played DII & DIII respectively and they both had "interest" and my son had offers to go DI. He was undersized and a bit slow for DI and would have never seen the pitch until his Sr. year. He knew it, I knew it, and all of his friends and club coaches were saying "take the DI offer" which was less than the DII offers he had money wise.

The girl in question is good - she is a DI caliber player. She is not ACC level player. UNH? Sure. UVM? Yup. Boston University... probably the ceiling for her. North Carolina, Virgina, Florida State, Duke? ABSOLUTELY no way. She just is not as skilled or as diverse a player to be an impact at schools like that.

This is not picking on her. This is honesty. Just as the young lady from NH who played at FSU last year and did not see the field is now going to SNHU... She was very good... anyone who saw her play (and I did in both club and HS) would tell you, she was over matched at that level of soccer. FSU is a premier - powerhouse program. The young ladt from Central would have been best served playing at UNH and playing for all 4 years as an impact player. I would have the two sit down over a coffee and talk about the reality of DI soccer.

Comment

Yes, they clearly are.

It's stated the best player left. I said no she didn't.

The rest is just a reminder about how the NH backwoods bumfvcks are clueless.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X