Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    please provide name of club and age group. While it would be great to get the names of the opposing parents perhaps you can name your group to not make it so obvious.
    fkk u16g

Comment

Can you elaborate on why the coach isn't any good. So far I see that he is mean. What else? Just curious......

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Can you elaborate on why the coach isn't any good. So far I see that he is mean. What else? Just curious......
        Mean?! Really? Suck it up snowflakes! If you are older than 6, the kids should know that not everyone gets a trophy.

Comment

A handful of us are banding together to try and get our coach removed.
          We do not like his coaching style and have made it clear to the DOC, as a group, that we will leave mid-season if a replacement coach is not granted to us.

The team is actually a very good team and we have picked up some great players recently which have really moved this team forward from where it was.
          But us leaving will leave the team short handed so the club is strongly considering our request.

We feel with adequate training we can and should be even better and from watching the training we can tell that it is not great. Other teams have the best coaches but not ours and that is not fair. The coach is also mean at times.

Has anyone here successfully forced out a coach mid-season or seen it done?
          The parent who posted this should be removed from the club. Get rid of the cancer parents. Your kids suck and need some tough coaching. Suck it up or leave.

Comment

We do not like his coaching style and have made it clear to the DOC, as a group, that we will leave mid-season if a replacement coach is not granted to us.

The team is actually a very good team and we have picked up some great players recently which have really moved this team forward from where it was.
            But us leaving will leave the team short handed so the club is strongly considering our request.

We feel with adequate training we can and should be even better and from watching the training we can tell that it is not great. Other teams have the best coaches but not ours and that is not fair. The coach is also mean at times.

good luck with that. let us know how it goes once you've settled in to you new club

Comment

You "don't like his style"? That is an insufficient reason to get rid of a coach. If every time a few parents didn"t "like" a coach's style there'd be no coaches employed. Being "mean?" You mean he was critical of your kid's play or got frustrated? o.m.f.g. Unless a coach is a drunk, verbally abusive or other atrocious behavior most clubs won't get rid of a coach midseason. If he's doing his job as judged by his employer he keeps his job. Also. you may feel like you've got strength in numbers but watch that group of parents take a step backwards when you're the only how steps forward. Clubs know who the PITA parents are.

You're not going to like every coach, teacher, professor, co-worker, in law in your life. Learning how to deal with that is a part of growing up. Grow up, starting with you first.

Comment

You "don't like his style"? That is an insufficient reason to get rid of a coach. If every time a few parents didn"t "like" a coach's style there'd be no coaches employed. Being "mean?" You mean he was critical of your kid's play or got frustrated? o.m.f.g. Unless a coach is a drunk, verbally abusive or other atrocious behavior most clubs won't get rid of a coach midseason. If he's doing his job as judged by his employer he keeps his job. Also. you may feel like you've got strength in numbers but watch that group of parents take a step backwards when you're the only how steps forward. Clubs know who the PITA parents are.

You're not going to like every coach, teacher, professor, co-worker, in law in your life. Learning how to deal with that is a part of growing up. Grow up, starting with you first.
                Excuse me if I want the best for my child. Same goes when my kids gets a crappy teacher, I talk to the administration and force a change. Why waste a whole year? Regarding the style of our coach, it is rec level training we are receiving and while the other parents may not realize it, they will be thankful when they see what proper training should be.

Comment

Excuse me if I want the best for my child. Same goes when my kids gets a crappy teacher, I talk to the administration and force a change. Why waste a whole year? Regarding the style of our coach, it is rec level training we are receiving and while the other parents may not realize it, they will be thankful when they see what proper training should be.
                  Your expectations are far too high, as is your sense of self importance.

Comment

Your expectations are far too high, as is your sense of self importance.
                    If you want something in life you have to ask. Don't settle for mediocrity. That is what we are doing plain and simple.

Comment

If you want something in life you have to ask. Don't settle for mediocrity. That is what we are doing plain and simple.
                      The club soccer landscape is littered with parents like you. So this bears repeating.

good luck with that. let us know how it goes once you've settled in to you new club

Comment

Why not ask if the unhappy kids can do supplemental training with another team at least once per week to fill in the training gaps. Your kid gets better training, shows you aren't just a malcontent about playing time (and that it really is about the training) and sends a clear message that there needs to be change before next season.

Comment

And your qualifications for judging good coaching from bad are what? Parents like you one of the biggest problems in youth soccer. They think they know the game and what good coaching is when they don't. It's tied for the top spot with parents thinking their kid is much better than they are.

Comment

We have not forced the coach out yet but are trying.
                            We've tried recruiting some of the others, but about 2/3 of them seem indifferent, not with or not against the current coach.
                            We are the ones who pay attention and know what proper training should be.
                            Once we get a better coach, the other parents should be fine because the team is really good, they will not leave no matter what happens.
                            If you really feel that the coach is not good enough for your kid, why don't you just take your kid out of the program and pay any release fee that the club may ask. Why do you need others to help your cause? You did not pay the other players fees so you don't need them to side with you if they feel indifferent.

Remove your kid and pay your release fee and then sign him or her up at another club and pay registration at the new club. If you see that the new club does not have the caliber of coaching that meets your standard, repeat the process again until you have exhausted all the teams in your area. Then you can consider other clubs outside your area. Keep repeating this until you find the perfect coach for your child. Hopefully this will happen before your child goes to college. Good luck with this plan.

Comment

If you really feel that the coach is not good enough for your kid, why don't you just take your kid out of the program and pay any release fee that the club may ask. Why do you need others to help your cause? You did not pay the other players fees so you don't need them to side with you if they feel indifferent.

Remove your kid and pay your release fee and then sign him or her up at another club and pay registration at the new club. If you see that the new club does not have the caliber of coaching that meets your standard, repeat the process again until you have exhausted all the teams in your area. Then you can consider other clubs outside your area. Keep repeating this until you find the perfect coach for your child. Hopefully this will happen before your child goes to college. Good luck with this plan.
                              Club hoppers are the worst kind of parent. Nothing is ever good enough but 9 times out of 10 their kid just isn't as good as they think. It mostly ends badly, with the kid flat lining or dropping out altogether. Yet, it happens all the time.

Comment

So 1/3 of the parents want the coach removed...on a team of 18, this is 6 players...12 are ok...11 on the field...I wonder which parents are upset?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X