Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP pool training

Is ODP still drawing good talent? ECNL and DA both have boys and girls sides. Do kids still want to play ODP. I'm thinking that its just another way to get money from parents.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is ODP still drawing good talent? ECNL and DA both have boys and girls sides. Do kids still want to play ODP. I'm thinking that its just another way to get money from parents.
    For the most part it is a money maker. if you make the regional cut then it's more worthwhile. But very few will, and as a way to get in extra training it's fairly lame. Depending on your situation, spending money on other outside training may be a better route. If you're in ECNl you'll have plenty of coach exposure. DA kids aren't allowed to participate at all.

Comment

For the most part it is a money maker. if you make the regional cut then it's more worthwhile. But very few will, and as a way to get in extra training it's fairly lame. Depending on your situation, spending money on other outside training may be a better route. If you're in ECNl you'll have plenty of coach exposure. DA kids aren't allowed to participate at all.
      Do ODP coaches have enough time to train a player? I don't know how many times they are actually together.

Comment

Do ODP coaches have enough time to train a player? I don't know how many times they are actually together.
        There is no training. Once you make the pool, there are a few warmup drills and then immediately into scrimmage at every session. Very seldom do any of the coaches make a comment.

Comment

There is no training. Once you make the pool, there are a few warmup drills and then immediately into scrimmage at every session. Very seldom do any of the coaches make a comment.
          It used to be a great way for exposure and college coaches recruited heavily from it. That stopped about 2 years ago when GDA started. It muddied the waters and the talent at ODP dropped. Top ECNL girls dropped ODP and it went down hill quickly.

My daughter made her commitment so she is out of the mix but ODP for her was s huge help. Turned down her first offer as a freshman because of ODP.

I think it is sad. ODP allowed girls from local clubs without ECNL the opportunity to compete against the best and prove themselves. Now this is gone and college coaches are missing out.

Comment

ODP is very Soild filled with college level players and some professional level prospects. This is the best path if your not DA or ECNL great opportunity and very professional in its staff.

Comment

oh boy ODP season we have to listen to this crap for the next 6 months about how little messi is going to alabama on the florida 3rd team. And that the ODP team can beat all the DA teams in the state... Oh boy I am excited!!!!

Comment

It used to be a great way for exposure and college coaches recruited heavily from it. That stopped about 2 years ago when GDA started. It muddied the waters and the talent at ODP dropped. Top ECNL girls dropped ODP and it went down hill quickly.

My daughter made her commitment so she is out of the mix but ODP for her was s huge help. Turned down her first offer as a freshman because of ODP.

I think it is sad. ODP allowed girls from local clubs without ECNL the opportunity to compete against the best and prove themselves. Now this is gone and college coaches are missing out.
                It stopped long before that, really once ECNL started taking off as a national ID venue. BDA took all the top male players awhile ago. So if you'e not going to play with your state's top players you'd probably be better off getting into your state's top clubs, not doing odp with mediocre players. Coaching it doesn't have the same cache it once did either.

Comment

The better talent that most college coaches are interested in are in the top leagues. It's just how it is.

Comment

ODP is terrible in our state association. They don't cut any kids and charge a lot for practice with borderline rec players.

Comment

Your kid is rec as well.

Comment

ODP needs to take some of the blame. ODP can help lots of young players who live too far to commute to ECNL or GDA programs. ODP needs to hold central training locations. Shorten BOCA regional matches to end before Thanksgiving. State ODP teams should play in showcases like Disney in the top brackets.

Comment

I can speak for the 03 and 05 girls whose regional team coach is also a coach at a certain south Florida club which has recently merged with another.. so conveniently, players play both ODP and for the club with the same coach coaching players in both scenarios. So if you belong to a club that is politically connected to ODP, it’s worth it,, otherwise you are funding select players! Save your time and money and get some extra training at your club or just stick to DA like we did!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X