Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm just implying that, I'm stating it clearly. I think she'll be a good addition to PSU. Period.

I wouldn't lay the loss to Hofstra at Coffey's feet. I warched the game and it was a team loss.

Yes, players transfer for all sorts of reasons, but let's look at the facts here. BC hadn't done very well the past few years until this year. They came out strong early in the season and then lost the last 4 or 5 regular season games and then a pretty humiliating loss to Hofstra in the tourney. Then the 22 season head coach resigns. All signs that the program is going south. Can't blame a good player from wanting to tie up their career in that mess. Remember for most college players this is the end of their playing days.
    "Penn State has been steadily improving so adding a player like Coffey puts them in the hunt."

then just say, Coffey is a good add. So its best year in a while = going south? I have no inside info, but would bet that whatever reason Coffey transferred is Coffey. Also bet that the coach leaving will not lead to some mass exodus.

Comment

Different person.
      Would actually say the program is heading in a positive direction, hopefully with the addition of a better coach
      Hope is not a method..

Comment

But adding a better coach with a new system is

Comment

But adding a better coach with a new system is
          The first thing a better coach will ask is what are the plans to upgrade the dumpy soccer facilities?

Comment

The first thing a better coach will ask is what are the plans to upgrade the dumpy soccer facilities?
            BC just finished a new field house for winter practice
            https://www.bc.edu/bc-web/bcnews/ath...eld-house.html

Comment

What are you talking about? BC has a nice soccer stadium. Have you ever actually been there?

Comment

As opposed to a haughty-touhty suburb of a racist city, gotcha.
                Racist city? Please.

Comment

What are you talking about? BC has a nice soccer stadium. Have you ever actually been there?
                  Not very nice soccer facility.

Behind UConn, Harvard, Holy Cross, URI, Providence, Brown, Dartmouth

But def the worse in the ACC!

Comment

Plenty of times unfortunately. Plus the kids need to get bussed to get there from the campus.

Comment

Not very nice soccer facility.

Behind UConn, Harvard, Holy Cross, URI, Providence, Brown, Dartmouth

But def the worse in the ACC!
                      Unc had the worst for years.

Comment

BC just finished a new field house for winter practice
                        https://www.bc.edu/bc-web/bcnews/ath...eld-house.html
                        Nice move, but notice that their are many new sports fields scheduled to open in 2019. Soccer is not on that list.

Comment

Guess SC enjoyed the preseason trip to PS. Didnt PS get thumped by BC? I remember Eagleman bragging. Kinda funny how that all worked out.

Comment

Guess SC enjoyed the preseason trip to PS. Didnt PS get thumped by BC? I remember Eagleman bragging. Kinda funny how that all worked out.
                            Some dark memories for BC at that school.

Comment

The truth is that despite all the hype around athletic scholarships, there really aren't many scholarships for soccer and the ones that do exist are mostly partial scholarships. Soccer isn't a big alumni/endorsement draw like football or basketball so you can count the kids with full scholarships on any roster on one hand. Probably 2 or 3 fingers when you get into the lower end of D1 or D2.
                              You know nothing. The AVERAGE D1 scholarship is 50%. If your kid wasn't offered that sort of money then they weren't a true D1 prospect. Please take your stupidity back to the D3 threads.

Comment

You know nothing. The AVERAGE D1 scholarship is 50%. If your kid wasn't offered that sort of money then they weren't a true D1 prospect. Please take your stupidity back to the D3 threads.
                                Are you talking about women’s soccer or men’s?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X