Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida State University - Women's College Cup National Champions 2018!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wasn't it sickening that Foudy (a US senior nattie) was pandering to him during the interview? I needed an insulin shot after it was so sappy. How many internationals did GT, UNC and Stanford have? Maybe a total of 7 across all three teams. #BS
    Got sick of hearing about the international player resumes throughout the match and Krikorian’s list of hardships that come with so many internationals on a team.

Comment

The FSU goalie is from right here in Orlando! Lived close enough to rush to walk there yet still chose a club on the other side of town. They deserve the DA

Comment

The 7 international players for FSU are developing to play for their home countries not the USA.
        That's because American parents put their kids in the DA to get development from English con artist that couldn't make it as coaches in their home country. Soccer culture in America is a social club for rich kids. Most teams have international players, not just FSU.

Comment

Got sick of hearing about the international player resumes throughout the match and Krikorian’s list of hardships that come with so many internationals on a team.
          I'm OK with FSU using international players. Our daughter is going to play at a college that is much better academically than FSU.

Comment

I'm OK with FSU using international players. Our daughter is going to play at a college that is much better academically than FSU.
            Good for your D. There is a college for everyone who wants to play and a high academic is a nice bonus as 99% will not play pro or WNT.

Comment

Rooting for FSU is just like rooting for the United Nations against the US

FSU is NOT representative of our country at all!

I am an American, and cannot stand how we give our girls' soccer slots to foreign kids. American Girls Soccer in college should be about teaching life skills to AMERICAN girls, as there is no real pro or post-soccer for girls.

Comment

I am an American, and cannot stand how we give our girls' soccer slots to foreign kids. American Girls Soccer in college should be about teaching life skills to AMERICAN girls, as there is no real pro or post-soccer for girls.
                Start your own college and you can do whatever you want with the girls soccer team.

Comment

I just don't get why any excitement for a team that would be beaten by an average boys high school team.

Comment

I pay taxes, and it is good to see such great use of my tax dollars at a public institution such as FSU. It would be more efficient to just ask me to send a check each month to china or japan or some other foreign country. I don't know of another country in the world that would do what the U.S. does -- Just pure stupidity.

Comment

I pay taxes, and it is good to see such great use of my tax dollars at a public institution such as FSU. It would be more efficient to just ask me to send a check each month to china or japan or some other foreign country. I don't know of another country in the world that would do what the U.S. does -- Just pure stupidity.
                      Are there Americans receiving athletic scholarships at colleges in other countries?

Comment

Your tax dollars don’t pay for athletic scholarships at state schools moron! The football team does. Find another cause to be an activist for.

Comment

I just don't get why any excitement for a team that would be beaten by an average boys high school team.
                          Soccer is a girls sport. Why get excited about boys soccer?

Comment

Are there Americans receiving athletic scholarships at colleges in other countries?
                            You got me curios. A quick search did not bring any articles up about US students getting athletic scholarships overseas. Many articles about international students coming here. I am sure it happens though the may not call it an athletic scholarship. Certainly won't be for soccer....maybe basketball at some of the Baltic states LOL.

Interestingly, Tennis, hockey, golf lead the way for international scholarships. 1/3 of male Tennis players are NOT U.S. students. Wow.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ips-2017-05-11

Comment

You got me curios. A quick search did not bring any articles up about US students getting athletic scholarships overseas. Many articles about international students coming here. I am sure it happens though the may not call it an athletic scholarship. Certainly won't be for soccer....maybe basketball at some of the Baltic states LOL.

Interestingly, Tennis, hockey, golf lead the way for international scholarships. 1/3 of male Tennis players are NOT U.S. students. Wow.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ips-2017-05-11
                              Interesting about Tennis.

Comment

Everyone is skipping over the root of the problem. Coaches are rewarded (and punished) on their win/loss record. Competitive coaches in competitive programs are going to select the best players they can get, regardless of where they were born.

The NCAA could fix this very easily if they wanted but they are making a concious decision to look the other way. Yes, it is ethically wrong but the fix for this has to come from the top down.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X