Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Plus the additional teams for each age group in a few ECNL clubs only adds to the problems. Stars basically moved their NPL teams to their new second level ECNL teams. How is that good for the ECNL (other than more money of course)?
    Isnt GDA almost exclusively NPL teams that moved up (plus several regular premier teams)?

Comment

Isnt GDA almost exclusively NPL teams that moved up (plus several regular premier teams)?
      I would think so, mostly. I know of one team that is better than last year's NPL team, but it's virtually the same. Just added a few and dropped a few which were a positive, but mostly this will always be the case when a team enters a new league.

Comment

At many clubs, yes. At some they got some ECNL players then filled in with whoever else can write checks

Comment

At many clubs, yes. At some they got some ECNL players then filled in with whoever else can write checks
          What is the end game? Development or just wins and losses? GDA is good in other areas of country. ECNL has the support in Mass. But in other areas of country does not have a good concentration of top level talent. At least last yr you knew hawks had ynt's in gda, same with pda and slammers and most of the other competitive teams in the country. Now, there is no cheatsheet. It is worse than last yr.

Comment

What is the end game? Development or just wins and losses? GDA is good in other areas of country. ECNL has the support in Mass. But in other areas of country does not have a good concentration of top level talent. At least last yr you knew hawks had ynt's in gda, same with pda and slammers and most of the other competitive teams in the country. Now, there is no cheatsheet. It is worse than last yr.
            PDA has some of the best ECNL teams in the country

Comment

Not bitter, I'm laughing. They recruited for two leagues, decided GDA was too much work, went against their own financial interests, so they went to the team with their hats in their hands and passed out new talking points. Scrambled to get them signed up before the newest GDA news hit, and then, said "sorry, you are on a B team".

They went out and hoarded every player they could and had no place to put them. They tried the "we'll make the teams equal" line but nobody honestly believes it. Some are really pissed to be travelling all over for something they never intended to.

Parents are bitter. Me? I'm laughing at the situation.
              This is laughable. Jealousy is soooo easy to read. It’s pretty basic to know that someone would rather be on a B team in a huge program than an A team elsewhere. Would I rather be on then practice squad of Real Madrid or any MLS team? When the B team beats another club’s A team and when a C team beats another clubs B team, etc etc. I would rather be part of a huge clubs top 36 than a small much less competitive clubs too 18. Easy to understand for more intelligent people.

Comment

When top clubs bail it's not a good sign.

Comment

All about power and money.

Comment

PDA has some of the best ECNL teams in the country
                    They weren't bad as GDA either. Their top players were all in it; unlike around here. it's just their DOC could not call the shots. So, they are back in ECNL where they pick the PDP players, etc.

Comment

When top clubs bail it's not a good sign.
                      Not all the top clubs bailed. Solar - still GDA, Top Hat - still GDA, Real CO - still GDA, Courage (former CASL) still GDA, etc. Those that went back were on the ECNL Board and had zero power in the GDA. USSF would not allow it.

Comment

CA Slammers - which one might argue was THE top club as it was #1 in CA and CA is arguably the best division - left. Some of the other departures were less surprising due to money and politics, but that one shocked more people. If the top club in a division that seemed to have all of what GDA was supposed to be left?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          CA Slammers - which one might argue was THE top club as it was #1 in CA and CA is arguably the best division - left. Some of the other departures were less surprising due to money and politics, but that one shocked more people. If the top club in a division that seemed to have all of what GDA was supposed to be left?
                          It’s not just that. If you look at the more local competition, the question I have is where is my daughter going to get the better training and competition day in and day out.

Comment

Yes surprising but when they were ecnl they were not top. Expect them to become average again. kids left ecnl for them since gda was top. Now they will have same thing happen to them, top kids leave them at ecnl for a gda team. I am from cali originally. It is how it is done.

Comment

It’s not just that. If you look at the more local competition, the question I have is where is my daughter going to get the better training and competition day in and day out.
                              The choices here stink. Places close by like md,va,nc,pa,nj, ny have better choices.

Comment

Yes surprising but when they were ecnl they were not top. Expect them to become average again. kids left ecnl for them since gda was top. Now they will have same thing happen to them, top kids leave them at ecnl for a gda team. I am from cali originally. It is how it is done.
                                I am not following what you are saying

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X