Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Settle down internet trolls - his post should have said NHSCA not NSCAA....

And the process for all divisions is the same in NH for high school all state. The NHSCA sends ballots, players are nominated, then a final ballot is released back to the coaches in their respective division. There is NOT a separate process for DIII & DIV.... that makes no sense.

1st team, 2nd team, and honorable mention are the 3 levels of recognition. Coaches meet in November to only vote on tie breakers and then nominate, discuss, and vote for players for NSCAA All Region or All American status.
    Ok smart guy...not what he said and his process is inaccurate so not sure how that is trolling. What I posted is accurate. I'm sick of guys who don't know anything about it chiming in. It's ok not to know. In this world of helicopter parents etc who assume they know the process it is about time they get called out.

Comment

When is the complete list released? Figured it would be posted here by now: http://nhsoccercoaches.com/

Comment

Ok smart guy...not what he said and his process is inaccurate so not sure how that is trolling. What I posted is accurate. I'm sick of guys who don't know anything about it chiming in. It's ok not to know. In this world of helicopter parents etc who assume they know the process it is about time they get called out.
        I think you should have stopped after, "I'm sick".

(completely new, different poster)

Comment

I think you should have stopped after, "I'm sick".

(completely new, different poster)
          And why is that?

Comment

How does All Region and All American work? I know someone described it a bit but details?

Comment

How does All Region and All American work? I know someone described it a bit but details?
              The NSCAA representative for NH girls runs the meeting. Only NHIAA coaches who are also members of the NSCAA can nominate players for the All Region and All American status. This is only done at the meeting in November. The players are listed, their nominating coach speaks on behalf of the player and gives a detailed rundown of stats, honors, etc... Then the NSCAA member coaches in attendance vote for All Region and All American status based on the information provided.

I am not sure if we get one All American candidate and 2 All Region without the criteria in front of me.

Comment

And why is that?
                Because you are far too preoccupied with something most sane people would not deem that significant. IMHO.

Comment

Listed here: https://www.concordmonitor.com/Socce...11418-21538113

Comment

Because you are far too preoccupied with something most sane people would not deem that significant. IMHO.
                    Yes, having correct information is definitely insignificant. I see your point.

Comment

The NSCAA representative for NH girls runs the meeting. Only NHIAA coaches who are also members of the NSCAA can nominate players for the All Region and All American status. This is only done at the meeting in November. The players are listed, their nominating coach speaks on behalf of the player and gives a detailed rundown of stats, honors, etc... Then the NSCAA member coaches in attendance vote for All Region and All American status based on the information provided.

I am not sure if we get one All American candidate and 2 All Region without the criteria in front of me.
                      It's different numbers for boys and girls...the number of all American and all region depends on the membership. Girls were 2 all americans and 4 all region this year. Very close battle and tie breakers to decide

Comment

Some of the players listed as midfielders seem to play more of a striker role and visa versa. Almost seems there should be a fourth category of "forward"

Comment

Can coaches vote for their own players or are they just allowed to nominate?

Comment

Some of the players listed as midfielders seem to play more of a striker role and visa versa. Almost seems there should be a fourth category of "forward"
                            Completely agree. I saw a couple of forwards listed as midfielders that pushed some. Dry good midfielders from first team to second team. I am not an “everyone gets a trophy” person but I would rather have a fourth or fifth forward if the votes are that close than move someone’s position and knock someone else down.

Comment

Results have been released

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Socce...11418-21538113

Comment

Completely agree. I saw a couple of forwards listed as midfielders that pushed some. Dry good midfielders from first team to second team. I am not an “everyone gets a trophy” person but I would rather have a fourth or fifth forward if the votes are that close than move someone’s position and knock someone else down.
                                It allows a smart coach the ability to get more selections. Don’t split the vote between your 2 forwards. Just move one to midfield for voting. Monitor shows a picture of a forward on the front page who is 1st team midfielder. No knocks on any players just agree that adding a spot is better than giving an award for another position.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X