Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So it’s either slander or defamation, depending on Prime’s legal/corporate/profit status?
    Just guessing at any terminology you learned by watching Law & Order? Please stop. I don't tell you how to cook the fries.

Comment

Prime would have to show business lost in a dollar amount for it to be libel. Simply stating that the club has no fields due to an absence in a county bid does not meet that threshold.
      Alan is deflecting from the real issue which is where is the club playing next year?

Comment

Alan is deflecting from the real issue which is where is the club playing next year?
        Not Alan posting the comment. Simply stating that the threshold for libel is pretty high. Typing a general opinion on an anonymous forum is not going to do it. But I'll be glad to invoice you $450 per hour to explain that.

As for fields, Prime has 2 partners in the Broward/SPB area: Coral Springs and Team Boca. CSU has very few teams, so field space may be available. They list 3 locations. Team Boca is spread across FAU and Spanish River parks. I doubt they could fit any more teams in either location.

Whatever. Alan scammed a new franchise from ECNL. Finding new fields should not be a challenge. Keeping players and attracting new ones will be the difficulty.

Who thought that someone could beat Boca United at being a raging dumpster fire? Not easy to do in South Florida. Congrats.

Comment

County undercharges for Cricketland to increase use and generate funds for this stupid site unless you are in the stadium. That's why you are competing with dodgeball leagues for fields that suck because of overuse. Sure there are many reasonable complaints with the Club, but this is not one of them.

Comment

You realize that you do not understand what libel is?
            I don’t know where you studied law but in the state of Florida this can definitely be considered libel. I have seen cases won much less clear cut than this.

Comment

So do they have fields or not? First part of the Season is over for 2018 this next weekend anyway !

Comment

So do they have fields or not? First part of the Season is over for 2018 this next weekend anyway !
                If this was true, you wouldn’t be hearing it on this forum. If it isn’t true, it is libel which in my opinion should be brought to a judge. This is a clear cut case.

Comment

I don’t know where you studied law but in the state of Florida this can definitely be considered libel. I have seen cases won much less clear cut than this.
                  Cite the case. I'll wait.

Comment

This is hilarious, a lawsuit citing an anonymous internet blog as the primary and ONLY evidence— not in America , maybe Europe but not here , sorry Alan

Comment

There is such a thing as "cyber libel." In order for it to pursued, though, the ISP of the offender would need to be subpoenaed and compelled to release the IP address of said offender. It has happened but the chances of it happening from something posted on an anonymous internet forum are slim to non-existent.

Comment

There is such a thing as "cyber libel." In order for it to pursued, though, the ISP of the offender would need to be subpoenaed and compelled to release the IP address of said offender. It has happened but the chances of it happening from something posted on an anonymous internet forum are slim to non-existent.
                        Yup good luck with:

1-Having someone take the case
                        2-Getting isp info
                        4-Proving who is behind the isp

Other than that it’s a slam dunk

Comment

Yup good luck with:

1-Having someone take the case
                          2-Getting isp info
                          4-Proving who is behind the isp

Other than that it’s a slam dunk
                          Actually not as hard as you would think. And this website says as much in its terms and conditions. If they really wanted to, they could bring a case, make this person hire an attorney, force this person to be publicly named, etc. They probably wouldn’t win the case, but could cause some hardship for whoever posted it - if they really wanted to.

Comment

Actually not as hard as you would think. And this website says as much in its terms and conditions. If they really wanted to, they could bring a case, make this person hire an attorney, force this person to be publicly named, etc. They probably wouldn’t win the case, but could cause some hardship for whoever posted it - if they really wanted to.
                            And when the defending attorney files for dismissal, the complainant can pay for everyone's legal fees. Win Win.

Comment

this is stupid, prime dosent have money to pay tricias 100k, they have nothing to pay for an attorney

Comment

And when the defending attorney files for dismissal, the complainant can pay for everyone's legal fees. Win Win.
                                The defendant probably would ask for payment of legal fees and it is 50/50 in my opinion whether that would be decided. It can rather easily be determined who posted the message, what is hard to determine is whether prime suffered hardship from the posting. In this case, I could see them deciding to settle with everyone walking away and no payments made by either party. But the individual who posted it would be publicly named and have to pay his own attorney fees. That is the most likely outcome in my view.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X