Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is d-3 so no athletic money at all. It is $27k a year and unless you have the grades and ACT score for academic scholarship is a pretty pricey school. Montgomery is a s-hole of a town too.
    If a D-3 program at a smaller college with no academic ratings and a poor location is successful then hats of to the coaches who have to work harder to recruit and retain.

Comment

He has to work hard to recruit because he can’t keep player because he treats them so bad.

Comment

I agree. That comment was truly pathetic.
        you're pathetic

Comment

He has to work hard to recruit because he can’t keep player because he treats them so bad.
          Talk to any players who have played under Matt and anyone who knows Matt, and you will know this is not the case.

Comment

Is that why most of the reviews from his players we negative.

Comment

Talk to any players who have played under Matt and anyone who knows Matt, and you will know this is not the case.
              I know one well and she hated it so much she left

Comment

I know one well and she hated it so much she left
                Can’t please everyone at D3 Huntingdon.

Comment

Can’t please everyone at D3 Huntingdon.
                  Sounds like this coach has lost control of his program. Maybe they should look into a replacement.

Comment

Sounds like this coach has lost control of his program. Maybe they should look into a replacement.
                    He won’t be there long. He is only trying to climb the ladder. Never seen a single d-3 coach spend so much time st ecnl and DA events all over the country trying to recruit. Has basically no chance of getting these girls. Just building his recruiting roster for his next job.

Comment

He won’t be there long. He is only trying to climb the ladder. Never seen a single d-3 coach spend so much time st ecnl and DA events all over the country trying to recruit. Has basically no chance of getting these girls. Just building his recruiting roster for his next job.
                      Bingo! Recruited my daughter heavily but could only talk about all the DA and ecnl studs he had coming in to play for him.. LOL. She went D-1 and is still laughing about him spending so much time on players over what he could think to recruit.

Comment

Bingo! Recruited my daughter heavily but could only talk about all the DA and ecnl studs he had coming in to play for him.. LOL. She went D-1 and is still laughing about him spending so much time on players over what he could think to recruit.
                        There is a right college for every ECNL and GDA level player.

Comment

She went D1 and is riding the pine LOL

Comment

She went D1 and is riding the pine LOL
                            Nope- massive playing time and 50% of season a starter for a conference champ. Keep on hating.

Comment

Never seen a single d-3 coach spend so much time st ecnl and DA events all over the country trying to recruit.
                              Where do you think coaches, at a school in any division, get players from? Would you expect them not to attend these events?

I don't know this Adam Gill guy from a hole in the wall but any successful coach at a D3 program will attend national events. Look at the best D3 soccer teams in the country. Schools like WashU, Chicago, Williams, etc. The rosters of those schools are filled the ECNL (and soon to be DA) players. Those schools recruit those kids and they get them. Having said that, I looked at the academic profile of this Huntingdon College that Gill is at and it doesn't appear to be in the same class as a lot of good D3 schools. My point is, that the top programs do recruit at national events and are successful in getting good players. The parents of players at many middling mid-major D1 programs would never admit it, but a good number of those top D3 programs would take some of those D1 teams to the woodshed.

Comment

Nope- massive playing time and 50% of season a starter for a conference champ. Keep on hating.
                                Umm, okay

Too funny

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X