Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Calls were made with offers before the lists were posted. This is done in order to confirm acceptances before posting. If one declines over the phone, they can move onto the next one on the list so that player doesn't realize they are at the bottom & will see little playing time.
    They verbally accepted but will be backing out prior to signed contract and loss of amateur status. College ineligibilty was a deal breaker. Plus they refused to refund 125 tryout fee.

Comment

Interesting point. A returning player that was a bench sub on our oYSA team made Thorns again so there must be something to that. Also a carpool need for a starter though.
      Pretty sure I know who you are talking about and that was my first thought too.

Comment

They verbally accepted but will be backing out prior to signed contract and loss of amateur status. College ineligibilty was a deal breaker. Plus they refused to refund 125 tryout fee.
        Actually mr smarty pants, this is not true. Read their application to keep college eligibility for the players. I know it's pending but worst case scenario they will just charge the 9500 extra on the back end if the judge rules against it.

Comment

Actually mr smarty pants, this is not true. Read their application to keep college eligibility for the players. I know it's pending but worst case scenario they will just charge the 9500 extra on the back end if the judge rules against it.
          What a bargin. Heard they are taking mo thly payments from parents just in case they lose the decision, money will be available.

Comment

I heard our Doc was going to stop allowing players to tryout for the GDA. They lost 9 teams worth of players and couldn't afford their Miata payment anymore.

Comment

Calls were made with offers before the lists were posted. This is done in order to confirm acceptances before posting. If one declines over the phone, they can move onto the next one on the list so that player doesn't realize they are at the bottom & will see little playing time.
              Also so they can say everyone they offered (online list) accepted. Turn downs are bad press. This is why the 03s are taking so long to post. Beware if your call wasn't early, you're way down on the list of back up offers.

Comment

Thorns carrying 25 if they can only play 14 is a JOKE.

If your team literally has 11 kids that are injured or sick, you are not doing the right thing period.

Oh and this doesn't excuse the Oregon Ecnl scam that takes 24 but plays 12.

Comment

I know of 4 on the list that are certainly declining. Looks like the GDA is padding stats
                  Four 03s or four 02/01s turning down?
                  Question: why spend $125 & try out if you're going to turn down?

Comment

03s. Worried if they left the leprechaun they may get their scholly revoked.

Comment

Players not taking first team offers because of high school request second team.

Comment

03s. Worried if they left the leprechaun they may get their scholly revoked.
                        Tikis?

Comment

Interesting point. A returning player that was a bench sub on our oYSA team made Thorns again so there must be something to that. Also a carpool need for a starter though.
                          That story is bound to have a sad ending.

Comment

I know one girl that was offered a spot pre tryout and then was turned away after she paid fee and tried out. Last week at a younger age. Thought that was garbage but typical.

Comment

I know one girl that was offered a spot pre tryout and then was turned away after she paid fee and tried out. Last week at a younger age. Thought that was garbage but typical.
                              My best friends daughter tried out, paid and was guaranteed a spot come to find out that she wasn't selected because she was too valuable and her club team couldn't afford to lose her. All the same crap. But that's the game we play I guess. Gotta grease the right wheel if you know what I mean?

Comment

We were there and have not heard keeping our fingers crossed waiting for the 03 list or a call.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X