Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The first thing the AD said when he made phone calls to candidates was "we only have 8 scholarships, the pay is very low for a D 1 HC job are you still interested"? Most of the time all he heard was crickets and the phone hanging up. Beautiful school, too many sports and not enough $
    Sounds like a great stepping stone for an energetic young coach .... I heard she was waiting for UCLA, UNC and FSU to call but they didn't so she took the next best thing. Now she will add D1 HC to her resume and she just got a ring or two farther up her career ladder.

Comment

Go Red Foxes !!
      Go gored foxes!

Comment

Sounds like a great stepping stone for an energetic young coach .... I heard she was waiting for UCLA, UNC and FSU to call but they didn't so she took the next best thing. Now she will add D1 HC to her resume and she just got a ring or two farther up her career ladder.
        That's how it generally works - move up to a low level D1 HC spot from either a D3HC position or higher level D1 but AC. Virtually no one jumps right to top 100 D1 C spots from nowhere

Comment

Go gored foxes!
          Sounds like people are not thrilled about this hiring ?

Comment

Or not. They've been looking for ages. One thing that worked against Marist is they've had a lot of turnover
            Fairfield hasn't hired a head coach yet,, let's just see what they bring in...

Comment

Fairfield hasn't hired a head coach yet,, let's just see what they bring in...
              Maybe they can get the UMASS coach ..... I hear he is available now.

Comment

Maybe they can get the UMASS coach ..... I hear he is available now.
                Don't expect anything more than what Marist hired.

Comment

That's how it generally works - move up to a low level D1 HC spot from either a D3HC position or higher level D1 but AC. Virtually no one jumps right to top 100 D1 C spots from nowhere
                  you think....I personally would rather have the D3 Trinity or Conn College HC job over the Marist D1 HC job....I seriously doubt either of those two D3 HC would change places so they could be Marist HC

Comment

very stand offish. Always seems to be annoyed or angry, not very charismatic.

Comment

ZS from UConn is out there still

Comment

ZS from UConn is out there still
                        That would have been a good hire for either Fairfield or Marist.

Comment

you think....I personally would rather have the D3 Trinity or Conn College HC job over the Marist D1 HC job....I seriously doubt either of those two D3 HC would change places so they could be Marist HC
                          If those are your ultimate jobs they would be ideal but if you want to coach at a good D1 school in the future then the marist gig is a better choice for her right now.

Comment

If those are your ultimate jobs they would be ideal but if you want to coach at a good D1 school in the future then the marist gig is a better choice for her right now.
                            Really. I don’t pretend to know the women’s soccer coaching hierarchy, but I would think if the head coach from Williams or u Chicago or wanted a d1 job, they would get it over the hc at Marist. Neither are getting penn state, Stanford, or any other top 16 d1 school.

Maybe I am wrong. I think any patriot or Ivy League school would would take the nescac hc over the Marist hc.

Comment

Really. I don’t pretend to know the women’s soccer coaching hierarchy, but I would think if the head coach from Williams or u Chicago or wanted a d1 job, they would get it over the hc at Marist. Neither are getting penn state, Stanford, or any other top 16 d1 school.

Maybe I am wrong. I think any patriot or Ivy League school would would take the nescac hc over the Marist hc.
                              Here’s the problem with hiring a D3 coach for a D1 Job. They’ve never dealt with scholarships before which is a whole different animal. If I were them, I’d got for a D1 or D2 HC followed by a D1 AC over a D3 coach. That’s the deal at most places.

Comment

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see who Fairfield hires

It will show the difference in programs. If that’s the best Marist can do their pool must of been poor. 2nd asst at Bucknell.

Fairfield will be making a splash hire shortly.

Then interview can break the stalemate , she probably did well on that and I’m sure Trinity coach/staff spoke well , Bucknell and any HS folks put in a good word that’s all it takes for the AD to take a chance on a newbie.

I’ve been in the circle hiring of coaches and sites like these I would monitor to see what folks are saying, you don’t wanna bring in a D**k and then fire him or her , it doesn’t go well with the Athletes and school reputation if coaches are going in and out .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X